Richt message to N'Kosi after the Orange Bowl

Open competition, may the best QB win, but you guys running off Rosier are insane. He's the only QB on the roster whose taken more than a token live Div 1 snap. At worst he's a very experienced insurance policy who can win football game.

Advertisement
I hope it's before the Orange bowl. Otherwise, his first start is against LSU..on the road :eek:.
The Orange bowl means nothing. LSU may mean playoffs...or not.

If we lost opening game & won out, we would be in the playoffs. You don't burn a RS for a bowl game unless it has NC implications. Allow Rosier to finish his "dream season" & move on. It's neutral site btw..

Not scared of LSU. Go conservative on offense & dominate on D. We're good.

2018 Depth Chart:

RS FR Perry
SR Rosier
RS FR Weldon
FR Williams

Best player should get the job, period! If Perry is not better than Rosier then Perry has no future either.

Advertisement
Man Rosier done good by the Canes for 10 games this year.
But I do agree it should be open competition for next yr...

He beat FSU, and broke the streak. I'll remember him fondly and drinks are on me if I ever run into him out on the town....that said, let's take it to the next level.

I hope it's before the Orange bowl. Otherwise, his first start is against LSU..on the road :eek:.

If we lost opening game & won out, we would be in the playoffs. You don't burn a RS for a bowl game unless it has NC implications. Allow Rosier to finish his "dream season" & move on. It's neutral site btw..

It will be a neutral site in name only.Lsu fans will have 75% of the stadium.Having said that they will be breaking in a new QB too and we should not be scared of them in any way.

It will be a neutral site in name only.Lsu fans will have 75% of the stadium.Having said that they will be breaking in a new QB too and we should not be scared of them in any way.

Canes fans generally travel well. I could see it being a little more even than that.

Regardless, it's not Death Valley. Nothing about that game/opponent scares me.

Advertisement

Canes fans generally travel well. I could see it being a little more even than that.

Regardless, it's not Death Valley. Nothing about that game/opponent scares me.

I think I saw an article somewhere that said that about their buying up a tickets.And no it’s not Death Valley for sure and definitely not scared of them especially with them going with a possible true freshman at QB.

Funny how "neutral" site games against SEC opponents are strangely always so geographically friendly to the SEC school, eh?

That said, ticket allotments will be even and certainly more plentiful than the ACCCG so I bet it won't be as necessarily lopsided as you're predicting- especially if we win the Orange Bowl. Plenty of advance time to plan a trip and the allure of going to JerryWorld should entice our fanbase to actually use all of our allotment. That said, we should see if a team from the mighty SEC would ever play us in New York or somewhere similar. I won't hold my breath.

If we lost opening game
I'd rather not.
Give the kid some big game experience, play him in the Orange Bowl, see if the pup has any bite.
If he's overwhelmed, we have Rosier. If he lights it up, we have our 2018 vs LSU QB, really to roll.
Kirby Smart wasn't scared to "burn" Fromm's, now they are in the playoffs, might win it all...and will be a force >2018 too.

Man Rosier done good by the Canes for 10 games this year.
But I do agree it should be open competition for next yr...

Your right. But, Rosier is not capable of beating Clemson, Bama, Oklahoma, Auburn, Georgia, probably not even FSU again if their starting QB is in. So ... open competition it is. And I'll tell you if Rosier wins the competition, then the QB who will lead us to the playoffs is currently not on the roster.

Advertisement
If we lost opening game
I'd rather not.
Give the kid some big game experience, play him in the Orange Bowl, see if the pup has any bite.
If he's overwhelmed, we have Rosier. If he lights it up, we have our 2018 vs LSU QB, really to roll.
Kirby Smart wasn't scared to "burn" Fromm's, now they are in the playoffs, might win it all...and will be a force >2018 too.

Fromm was an EE ... And already weighed 220 pounds.

Perry came in summer ... And weighed 175.

It'll be an open competition. I just hope Perry wins it outright, with no questions.

Admittedly, I have not seen him play, outside of one HS highlight reel, so this is surely unfair....but when I look at him, I see Jacory Harris.

Wonder if Perry's added any weight since his arrival? What did Harris weigh as a Frosh? 170?

I see zero football comparisons with Harris other than they play the same position. His film looks more like Sam Darnold to me. :chuncky:

Advertisement
View attachment 55683

"It's all yours now" Lol

29671d1251615601-anyone-bowlegged-figure1.jpg

I still believe shoulder injury is worse than reported. We simple did not have another option.

I agree with this. Hasn’t been the same since he got hurt at UNC. That being said, I’d like to see an open competition. If that happens I think Richt goes with Perry. Don’t see any other way around it. Can’t be a >50% passer over a 6 game stretch and not suffer consequences

well I hope it's not like "Nkosi, if you ever want to start here this is how you hand off the ball" LOL

Advertisement
Back