Richt message to N'Kosi after the Orange Bowl

Rosier is a seasoned veteran
Who can't hit the side of a barn and has cost us 2 games, made several unnecessarily nail biting close.
Slurpers missed that on whatever planet they're transmitting from.

If not Perry, then Weldon, DJ or anyone who can throw a freaking football, the one thing Rosier can't do.

You know who else wouldn’t be able to hit the broadside of a barn playing behind this year’s offensive line…Baker Mayfield!

When you had opposing defensive coordinators going into games knowing that the Canes had no running game and basically all of the attention could be focused on the passing game, then even a great QB will be made to look pedestrian.

The offensive line should have been issued red capes and taught the word Ol as the hurries, sacks and over all pocket disruption that took place whenever Rosier attempted any type of pass was astounding. The extraordinary amount of tipped balls was due to offensive linemen being folded back into Rosier’s face, and line of sight.

Fix the offensive line and suddenly Rosier will become a very good quarterback.

What so-called “fans” should be saying is; “Rosier took a team that should have won only 6 or 7 games and through his leadership they performed beyond most anyone’s “honest” expectations. When games were on the line he was a steely eyed missile man, which gave confidence and inspiration to the offense and defense.”

And, oh by the way, Malik Rosier led the Canes to a 10 & 2 record and a major bowl, which has not happened for approximately 15 years.

Nonsense .... Rosier missed plenty of open receivers even when he had time....

Advertisement
Who can't hit the side of a barn and has cost us 2 games, made several unnecessarily nail biting close.

If not Perry, then Weldon, DJ or anyone who can throw a freaking football, the one thing Rosier can't do.

You know who else wouldn’t be able to hit the broadside of a barn playing behind this year’s offensive line…Baker Mayfield!

When you had opposing defensive coordinators going into games knowing that the Canes had no running game and basically all of the attention could be focused on the passing game, then even a great QB will be made to look pedestrian.

The offensive line should have been issued red capes and taught the word Ol as the hurries, sacks and over all pocket disruption that took place whenever Rosier attempted any type of pass was astounding. The extraordinary amount of tipped balls was due to offensive linemen being folded back into Rosier’s face, and line of sight.

What so-called “fans” should be saying is; “Rosier took a team that should have won only 6 or 7 games and through his leadership they performed beyond most anyone’s “honest” expectations. When games were on the line he was a steely eyed missile man, which gave confidence and inspiration to the offense and defense.”

And, oh by the way, Malik Rosier led the Canes to a 10 & 2 record and a major bowl, which has not happened for approximately 15 years.

Re-read my post and point to where that I said Rosier didn't at times miss open receivers. Over the months I've become educated as to the herd mentality and now they've put Rosier in the attack barrel. It is also not cool to think for one's self or have an independent thought that dares to go against the herd.

Without Rosier I don't believe this year's team would be going to the Weed Eater Bowl, much less the Orange Bowl. He led the Canes to a 10 & 2 season and just a few weeks ago the #2 ranking in the playoff poll.

You sweet little computer warriors just might spread enough hate to convince Malik to transfer, which would give Coach Richt no other choice but to start a wet behind the ears quarterback that has never taken a college level snap who might be considerably worse than Malik. And this will also mean, should he not perform or get injured, then the quarterback coming in would most likely not start for one of Miami's high school teams.

In short, Perry could barely handle a snap, let alone beat out the default option of Rosier. Its obvious why he was redshirted and not an option.

Also obvious that we had zero options at all besides Rosier. Our backup was beyond terrible.

It would be nice to think Perry will be ready next year. The bar is pretty low again. Another season with Rosier as the default option.

Nonsense. Rosiers terrible accuracy and streakishness has zero to do with our very good pass blocking OL. Rosier is simply not a throwing QB.
It seems to be have been compounded by either the injury at NC and maybe his head not being in the game for whatever reason (he admitted this about Pitt game). If a few weeks off results in a better performance against Wis, then there might be something to that.
I'm expecting the same Rosier, great heart, decent feet, woeful arm. It would be a miracle if we beat them without a couple defensive scores.

Please stop comparing quarterbacks! Unless, each are playing doing the same era and running the same offensive system. Not to mention, the existing coaching staff to develop them as true QBs. As a former QB, I have been please with CMR decisions and play calling, because every QB has limitations. Jacory Harris and Steven Morris only had one offensive coordinator who could limit their mistakes and produce positive numbers, and he was Fisch.

Rosier is an above average QB! Prior to Richt, he was never taught nor developed the necessary skills to become an accurate passer. Kaaya improved some, and could have benefitted another year of developing. Rosier is giving CMR and the Canes the opportunity to develop future QBs the right way without exposing them too early. Perry and Weldon are not ready, and why crush their confidence. The new QB/Williams has an opportunity to adjust to college football speed, learn how to read defenses, and progress his throwing options. If you look at majority of HS QB films, if the primary target is taken away, most QBs immediately runs...then make a play. College and professional, the players are too big and fast to get away with that kind of reaction.

Rosier was not the problem, if we don't have a solid OL, doesn't matter who is the QB!

Advertisement
Sorry but Malik was definitely a problem.

Malik was 96th in FBS in completion percentage and half his throws are bubbles....

I'm sorry, but although I appreciate what rosier did this season, it wasn't really that impressive. The defense pretty much carried this team. It wasnt Rosier. Every game was a struggle for Rosier to get the ball in the right place. I know I'm not the only one who got afraid every time he threw the ball. Cade Weldon or Nkosi Perry would probably have the same results or better playing playing behind that defense. I do want an open competition this spring, but I just don't think we can win it all with Rosier at the helm. The defenses habe figured him out... force him to throw and we will win. That's exactly what the Clemson players said. Besides, if you've been a college QB for at least 4 years and you still don't have it... then that means you just don't have it. It being the deep ball strength and accuracy. Putting the ball on a line. Making throws on the run. Short pass accuracy. Etc.

I'm sorry, but although I appreciate what rosier did this season, it wasn't really that impressive. The defense pretty much carried this team. It wasnt Rosier. Every game was a struggle for Rosier to get the ball in the right place. I know I'm not the only one who got afraid every time he threw the ball. Cade Weldon or Nkosi Perry would probably have the same results or better playing playing behind that defense. I do want an open competition this spring, but I just don't think we can win it all with Rosier at the helm. The defenses habe figured him out... force him to throw and we will win. That's exactly what the Clemson players said. Besides, if you've been a college QB for at least 4 years and you still don't have it... then that means you just don't have it. It being the deep ball strength and accuracy. Putting the ball on a line. Making throws on the run. Short pass accuracy. Etc.

Richt has said that the QB position is up for grabs this spring .... that's all we can ask for.

Personally, I don't see Malik back as starter next year barring injury or unfortunate circumstances.

I get the feeling that he will take a graduate transfer after spring ball 'cause Richt will be open to him about where he stands ....

Perry from what I have seen has great feet in the pocket and plenty of arm with great ball placement for YAC yards. Weldon would be my #2 with his entangibles to be our best Dual threat with the RPO. Both guys will have quirks but they are who CMR chose as his signal caller. He never wanted Rosier, but he knew the playbook and with 4 yrs in adjusted for the season. Fans will be fans but stop thinking CMR doesn't know what he's doing. CMR produces NFL caliber QBs..... trust the process.

Advertisement
Is that a photo of Perry or Amari Carter? If perry he looks more bulked up than he does on TV.

It'll be an open competition. I just hope Perry wins it outright, with no questions.

Admittedly, I have not seen him play, outside of one HS highlight reel, so this is surely unfair....but when I look at him, I see Jacory Harris.

Is that a good thing???

Re-read my post and point to where that I said Rosier didn't at times miss open receivers. Over the months I've become educated as to the herd mentality and now they've put Rosier in the attack barrel. It is also not cool to think for one's self or have an independent thought that dares to go against the herd.

Without Rosier I don't believe this year's team would be going to the Weed Eater Bowl, much less the Orange Bowl. He led the Canes to a 10 & 2 season and just a few weeks ago the #2 ranking in the playoff poll.

You sweet little computer warriors just might spread enough hate to convince Malik to transfer, which would give Coach Richt no other choice but to start a wet behind the ears quarterback that has never taken a college level snap who might be considerably worse than Malik. And this will also mean, should he not perform or get injured, then the quarterback coming in would most likely not start for one of Miami's high school teams.

I agree with your comments on spewing Hate.....that is just unnecessary.......BUT.......The Herd also believes the Earth is round. Your attempt to diminish the opposing view as simply "herd mentality" is disingenuous.

Advertisement

I agree with your comments on spewing Hate.....that is just unnecessary.......BUT.......The Herd also believes the Earth is round. Your attempt to diminish the opposing view as simply "herd mentality" is disingenuous.

Being factual in a way that does not align with your narrative does not make me "disingenuous".

You see the herd mentality concerning more than Rosier. Coach Richt was in the cross-hairs of the herd off and on this entire season. The same can be said of Coach Diaz as he was regularly strafed by the usual suspects.

Once the herd get's moving in a certain direction members of said herd find it imperative that they have some negative comment to throw on the heap. Its a me too thing. Those actions insure that they will be respected members of the gang that couldn't shoot straight. Many times those comments are half-truths, zany rumors or outright lies that are almost universally embraced by the herd.

My observations are easily proven to be correct by simply reviewing the game day discussion threads. The hatred being regurgitated on those threads is nothing short of astounding. And those who are the most vicious and clueless claim to be fans and their astute comment should be accepted as a public service.

Again, Rosier, the man who led the Canes to their best record in almost 15 years, had the program a whisker from being in the final 4 playoff group and played a major role in garnering a bid to the prestigious Orange Bowl Classic is eviscerated on this blog most every day of the week all season long. Shameful and not very bright!

Being factual in a way that does not align with your narrative does not make me "disingenuous".

You see the herd mentality concerning more than Rosier. Coach Richt was in the cross-hairs of the herd off and on this entire season. The same can be said of Coach Diaz as he was regularly strafed by the usual suspects.

Once the herd get's moving in a certain direction members of said herd find it imperative that they have some negative comment to throw on the heap. Its a me too thing. Those actions insure that they will be respected members of the gang that couldn't shoot straight. Many times those comments are half-truths, zany rumors or outright lies that are almost universally embraced by the herd.

My observations are easily proven to be correct by simply reviewing the game day discussion threads. The hatred being regurgitated on those threads is nothing short of astounding. And those who are the most vicious and clueless claim to be fans and their astute comment should be accepted as a public service.

Again, Rosier, the man who led the Canes to their best record in almost 15 years, had the program a whisker from being in the final 4 playoff group and played a major role in garnering a bid to the prestigious Orange Bowl Classic is eviscerated on this blog most every day of the week all season long. Shameful and not very bright!

The defense, playing a bunch of bad teams who we should beat because we out recruit all of them by at least 10 spots, luck that FSU lost their QB, and a truly easy road schedule all contributed more than QB play to our best record in 15 years.

Just because you say something is factual.....does not mean it is actually factual. You cherry pick circumstances, examples to validate your point of view while ignoring contradictory evidence.

I am not disagreeing with you on the stupidity of the hateful posts or their existence.....but that is a different argument.

Quite simply grading QB position play as a whole...based upon everything, comparing it to other schools, talent, injuries, etc.......I saw "C" level play at best.

If you want to claim for Malik he played at an above average level based upon expectations for him specifically.....Fine. But in comparison to whole college landscape, the competition, where we want to be.....We need much better QB play....that should not even be a controversial statement.

"Above Average" for Malik needs to be a lot better for us to move forward.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back