Richt gets his QB

It'd be a **** shame if Rick puts some of the class in jeopardy because he's married to Pickowski. Pretty sad if your pitch to your WR class is "Pickowski probably won't play here anyway." But, yeah, trust Rick and let's just bury our heads in the sand on signing IMG's backup QB as our only QB in the class.

why would the class be in jeopardy over a kid that will probably never see the field. Chances are that all those kids will catch passes from Rosier, Perry and Weldon before they do from that kid....

Advertisement
I'd like to see coach Richt use his Georgia connections more. Especially when we have a need that can't be filled with a recruit from Florida. Its really the only thing about him, recruiting wise, I don't understand. I'm not a pickowski fan. So this year I would've like to have seen him at least.. Try.. to go after any of the top 3 quarterbacks from Georgia. Doesn't mean I'd expect him to sign any of them or raid the state. But Idk why he didn't really even try to recruit them. I love the fact he is bringing in local talent. I'm also a big fan of DeeJay Dallas & I have no problem with Hillery. But he had no problem coming after guys in our backyard, when he was at Georgia. Just a little surprised that Dallas & Hillery have been, for the most part, the only recruits from the state of Georgia he's really gone after.

He's gone after others (Hollman was one he missed out on). But yeah, not sure why Richt's not dipping into the state as much.

It'd be a **** shame if Rick puts some of the class in jeopardy because he's married to Pickowski. Pretty sad if your pitch to your WR class is "Pickowski probably won't play here anyway." But, yeah, trust Rick and let's just bury our heads in the sand on signing IMG's backup QB as our only QB in the class.

why would the class be in jeopardy over a kid that will probably never see the field. Chances are that all those kids will catch passes from Rosier, Perry and Weldon before they do from that kid....

Because kids are kids. They don't think that far out ahead. They see the QB in their class, and if they think he sucks, then they might not want to play with him.

Maybe it won't have any affect on recruits. I'd still go in a different direction because I never thought he should be our QB in the 2018 class.

****, I'd look for an under-the-radar guy and sign him before I'd sign this guy. Try to find a really smart QB with decent measurables who is a winner. I doubt Logan Woodside was all that highly recruited.

Because kids are kids. They don't think that far out ahead. They see the QB in their class, and if they think he sucks, then they might not want to play with him.

Maybe it won't have any affect on recruits. I'd still go in a different direction because I never thought he should be our QB in the 2018 class.

****, I'd look for an under-the-radar guy and sign him before I'd sign this guy. Try to find a really smart QB with decent measurables who is a winner. I doubt Logan Woodside was all that highly recruited.

agreed.

I just think Richt fell in love with the kids physical attributes and thinks to himself "If i can do this with Rosier, imagine what i could do with this kid". Rosier however is a gamer, this kid..... not so much

I love all these keyboard scouts that think they have a better eye for QB talent than Mark Richt!

Its baffles the mind

Advertisement

agreed.

I just think Richt fell in love with the kids physical attributes and thinks to himself "If i can do this with Rosier, imagine what i could do with this kid". Rosier however is a gamer, this kid..... not so much

I'm not so sure what he's done with Rosier. I've always liked Rosier for being a gamer.

You're right though. That's probably Rick's thinking. Sometimes, coaches get too enamored with size/arm and think they can coach the rest.

I disagree with that approach though. The game moves so fast that I don't think you can coach up the mental twitch. Either you have that or you don't.

I remember watching one of Dorsey's first practices at UM. He was about 170 pounds and 6'5. I saw him process information very quickly and knew right away he'd do well here.

agreed.

I'm not so sure what he's done with Rosier. I've always liked Rosier for being a gamer.

You're right though. That's probably Rick's thinking. Sometimes, coaches get too enamored with size/arm and think they can coach the rest.

I disagree with that approach though. The game moves so fast that I don't think you can coach up the mental twitch. Either you have that or you don't.

I remember watching one of Dorsey's first practices at UM. He was about 170 pounds and 6'5. I saw him process information very quickly and knew right away he'd do well here.

I looked Woodside's recruitment up. He was the #74 ranked pro style in his year with offers from Ohio U, Western Illinois, Western Kentucky and Toledo. He was barely a 3 star with a .80 rating on 247.

Surely one of these SoFla playmakers is showing out, even on a bad team, and has the winning intangibles to help us more than this kid. His issues are in his brain, like you said, processing things.

Last edited:
Lol funny anyone would think Brian Hightower or any high school player knows more about a QB's potential than Mark Richt does.

It's not too hard for me to think that Hightower knows more about Pickowski than Rick does. He's around him for hours every day. Rick isn't.

Hightower the next QB recruiting guru.

Some of you guys act like recruiting HS QBs is a scientific exercise. Rick proved that's not the case at UGA. Hightower doesn't need to be a QB guru to see that Pickowski isn't a big time QB or that he might lack optimal intangible qualities that a teammate could easily recognize.

I'm serious I think Hightower can be the next Jon gruden.

Advertisement
I'd lay odds that between this signing period and next we sign at least 2, preferably 3 QBs.

That's why I'm not that worried about it, even if Sit gets signed because he won't be the only QB over the next 2 signing periods. Added to what we currently have, including Perry and Weldon, and I don't see any reason for a recruit to be worried.

Rick has eyes. He can see. And I'm sure he remembers a miserable 2 years at Georgia. I doubt he's a glutton for punishment. He sure corrected it his last recruiting year there.

I love all these keyboard scouts that think they have a better eye for QB talent than Mark Richt!

Its baffles the mind

Richt has had success with QBs in the past but he's also had some failures.

Remember, Rosier was CoRley's guy and Richt told he'd never play for him at Miami.

As for the subject of the OP, he's performed better at camps and combines than he has actual games. That's alarming.

Its baffles the mind

True, and seeing how everyone here is less qualified than anyone on our staff, we shouldn't give any opinions about any recruits on a recruiting message board.

"Richt has had success with QBs in the past but he's also had some failures"

Ahhhh show me a coach that got it right about everyone single one of his QB recruits ??????????

As far as CMR, until proven otherwise, I give the benefit of the doubt to CMR over some boy named chad typing in his moms basement

as far as opinions on a message board, great but what ive read is more like bashing of a highschool kid than opinions

This is a future Miami Hurricane who we are talking about. where's the U-FAMILY now?

this kid committed to us over some top programs

if he comes here and sucks okay bash away but until then....stop bashing let it play out

Advertisement
Hightower doesn't know the time of day when it comes to a QB's potential...The guy misses hightower a couple times, and hightower gets all bent out of shape. Richt forgot more about what makes up a good QB then Hightower knows. Hightower's opinion means nothing to me. If Hightower would drop a few Sitkowski passes would we give any precedence to Sitkowski saying I don't want to play with this kid?

QB's recruited by Richt at Georgia:

Joe Tereshinski- 6-3, 205, 4 star average, made 5 career starts, out of GA.

Blake Barnes- 6-3, 218, 3.5 star average, made zero starts and transferred out. State of MS.

Joe Cox- 6-1, 192, 3.00 star average, made 14 career starts, and from state of NC.

Matthew Stafford- 6-3, 210, 5 star average, 34 career starts, All-SEC, #1 overall pick. From TX.

Logan Gray- 6-2, 190, 4 star average, made 0 career starts, from the state of MO.

Zach Mettenberger- 6-5, 229, 4 star average, made 0 career starts before being dismissed, out of state of GA.

Aaron Murray- 6-1, 198, 4.67 average stars, made 52 career starts, All-SEC, drafted. State of FL.

Hutson Mason- 6-2, 190, 3.00 average stars, made 15 career starts, out of GA.

Christian LeMay- 6-2, 200, 4 average stars, made 0 career starts, transferred out of program.

Faton Bauta- 6-2, 222, 3.00 average stars, made 1 career start, out of FL.

Brice Ramsey- 6-3, 205, 4 average stars, out of GA.

Jacob Park- 6-4, 210, 4 average stars, left program already, state of SC.

Richt has a reputation as a QB guru, but he's a bit hit-or-miss as a QB recruiter, and truthfully, the QB's he recruited who hit the biggest were 5-star players (Stafford and Murray). He hasn't really done well unearthing under-the-radar types at QB.

Advertisement
It isn't rocket science. Brad, Rosier, Perry, and Weldon all performed in HS. And had the stats. Now I'm not gonna say that if you perform well in HS and have the stats, that you will be good good in college. That doesn't ways translate, but what certainly does is mediocre play. Gray Crow, Jack Allison are prefect examples. Mediocre stats and performance in HS and look at those guys now. Pickowski is in the same boat IMO.

If they are gonna make a move on another QB they need to do it sooner rather than later. Also 2019 qb class doesn't seem to be very strong, especially in the southeast.

It isn't rocket science. Brad, Rosier, Perry, and Weldon all performed in HS. And had the stats. Now I'm not gonna say that if you perform well in HS and have the stats, that you will be good good in college. That doesn't ways translate, but what certainly does is mediocre play. Gray Crow, Jack Allison are prefect examples. Mediocre stats and performance in HS and look at those guys now. Pickowski is in the same boat IMO.

Francois has pretty bad numbers in HS. So it doesn't always work the other way either.

And Richt recruited kids like Lemay, Ramsey, and Park who great in HS but sucked in college.

There are a ton of factors that go into projecting a QB. HS stats are more important in some cases than others. Even if Sit had better stats there'd still be a lot of reason for concern

QB's recruited by Richt at Georgia:

Joe Tereshinski- 6-3, 205, 4 star average, made 5 career starts, out of GA.

Blake Barnes- 6-3, 218, 3.5 star average, made zero starts and transferred out. State of MS.

Joe Cox- 6-1, 192, 3.00 star average, made 14 career starts, and from state of NC.

Matthew Stafford- 6-3, 210, 5 star average, 34 career starts, All-SEC, #1 overall pick. From TX.

Logan Gray- 6-2, 190, 4 star average, made 0 career starts, from the state of MO.

Zach Mettenberger- 6-5, 229, 4 star average, made 0 career starts before being dismissed, out of state of GA.

Aaron Murray- 6-1, 198, 4.67 average stars, made 52 career starts, All-SEC, drafted. State of FL.

Hutson Mason- 6-2, 190, 3.00 average stars, made 15 career starts, out of GA.

Christian LeMay- 6-2, 200, 4 average stars, made 0 career starts, transferred out of program.

Faton Bauta- 6-2, 222, 3.00 average stars, made 1 career start, out of FL.

Brice Ramsey- 6-3, 205, 4 average stars, out of GA.

Jacob Park- 6-4, 210, 4 average stars, left program already, state of SC.

Richt has a reputation as a QB guru, but he's a bit hit-or-miss as a QB recruiter, and truthfully, the QB's he recruited who hit the biggest were 5-star players (Stafford and Murray). He hasn't really done well unearthing under-the-radar types at QB.

2016 class? He has to take some credit for that since recruiting didn't start in December 2015.

Advertisement
Back