Richt gets his QB

You need to sign excellent QBs every year. You never know how guys will or won't develop. You can't afford to waste a cycle on a guy who isn't a good prospect, or else you wind up with the mess Rick had his last couple years at UGA.

Normally i'm with you, but I think if there is any year you can afford to miss as a staff it's this year. Lets say Kosi doesn't shirt this year. You still have Weldon who i think will be a starter for us one day. Just don't know when that day will be.

However you have a great point with what you say and an even better point when you point out the last 2-3 of CMR at UGA

Problem is we have no idea how good Perry is. And we have no idea if Perry or Weldon will transfer once the other guy is named starter. We're all assuming Perry is a stud and that he'll seamlessly take over and then Weldon will step in after Perry leaves after his 3rd year.

That's great if it plays out that way, but Rick signed a few QBs at UGA his last few cycles that wound up flaming out completely or quickly transferring. That left him scrambling for a terrible Greyson Lambert and giving reps to clowns like Ramsey and Bauta when Lambert flamed out.

It can be deadly to completely whiff at the QB position in a cycle.

I agree with everything you said. Especially the very last sentence which is death to any team. I guess i want to give CMR the benefit of the doubt, but it think you said something in a later post about CMR maybe being over confident in his abilities that he can mold the brain of all world body.

I don't know man, but i noticed Dee's thread was gone and i feel like he is plugged in. Riding with Sits may just not be worth it, but i honestly dont see CMR dropping the kid either. Not his way.

They might not need to drop him, just add someone else in...unless Sits was promised that he was the only one which I would hope isn't the case.

Advertisement
Richt can keep Sits, to keep the relationship with img strong. But he needs to recruit another QB. Like it was said, cant just assume that Perry and Weldon are going to pan out exactly how we hope. And I dont want to bash the kid because he is commited to us, but im not seeing any "elite tools" he has to work with that people wont stop mentioning. Everyone was saying the same thing about Gray Crow. Wed be talking all kinds of **** if he was commited to a rival. Sits is not miami caliber. Qb, along with Campbell should be our 2 biggest priorities left in this cycle imo. Dream scenerio would be to get in the Fields sweepstakes smh.

Richt can keep Sits, to keep the relationship with img strong. But he needs to recruit another QB. Like it was said, cant just assume that Perry and Weldon are going to pan out exactly how we hope. And I dont want to bash the kid because he is commited to us, but im not seeing any "elite tools" he has to work with that people wont stop mentioning. Everyone was saying the same thing about Gray Crow. Wed be talking all kinds of **** if he was commited to a rival. Sits is not miami caliber. Qb, along with Campbell should be our 2 biggest priorities left in this cycle imo. Dream scenerio would be to get in the Fields sweepstakes smh.

I'm sorry, but no one was saying it about Gray Crow. No one. Everyone knew he was a developmental QB. Now Preston Dewey had some people excited, but it wasn't because of his elite physical traits.

That mutiny thread was catching fire.....

BrooklynDee wanted to get his agenda out there, again.

That was an odd thread. I checked it last night, and then when I came to check it this afternoon, nothing. I guess it was deleted. What happened?

It was deleted.

Can you give me some highlights from that thread? I completely missed it.

dee posed a question along the lines of "would players decommit if we keep Sitkowski?" I think it was interpreted as Hightower may be looking around.

Advertisement
That mutiny thread was catching fire.....

That was an odd thread. I checked it last night, and then when I came to check it this afternoon, nothing. I guess it was deleted. What happened?

It was deleted.

Dee started a cryptic thread and the inference I took from it was that recruits (Hightower at a minimum) might revolt/bail out if Pickowski is the QB in this class. He got negged for it as he put it out there as a question to the board asking if we thought it could happen when he had more inside info than we do.

I had mentioned that his nephew looked ****ed at Pickowski over the int in their last game and Dee upvoted it. He also upvoted the inference I just explained.

It was deleted.

Dee started a cryptic thread and the inference I took from it was that recruits (Hightower at a minimum) might revolt/bail out if Pickowski is the QB in this class. He got negged for it as he put it out there as a question to the board asking if we thought it could happen when he had more inside info than we do.

I had mentioned that his nephew looked ****ed at Pickowski over the int in their last game and Dee upvoted it. He also upvoted the inference I just explained.

this summarizes it well. the question, if im remembering correctly, was something like: "at what point does keeping sitz start to become a detriment to our recruiting class?"

obviously, coming from him, thats a very loaded question.

It'd be a **** shame if Rick puts some of the class in jeopardy because he's married to Pickowski. Pretty sad if your pitch to your WR class is "Pickowski probably won't play here anyway." But, yeah, trust Rick and let's just bury our heads in the sand on signing IMG's backup QB as our only QB in the class.

You need to sign excellent QBs every year. You never know how guys will or won't develop. You can't afford to waste a cycle on a guy who isn't a good prospect, or else you wind up with the mess Rick had his last couple years at UGA.

Normally i'm with you, but I think if there is any year you can afford to miss as a staff it's this year. Lets say Kosi doesn't shirt this year. You still have Weldon who i think will be a starter for us one day. Just don't know when that day will be.

However you have a great point with what you say and an even better point when you point out the last 2-3 of CMR at UGA

Problem is we have no idea how good Perry is. And we have no idea if Perry or Weldon will transfer once the other guy is named starter. We're all assuming Perry is a stud and that he'll seamlessly take over and then Weldon will step in after Perry leaves after his 3rd year.

That's great if it plays out that way, but Rick signed a few QBs at UGA his last few cycles that wound up flaming out completely or quickly transferring. That left him scrambling for a terrible Greyson Lambert and giving reps to clowns like Ramsey and Bauta when Lambert flamed out.

It can be deadly to completely whiff at the QB position in a cycle.

I agree with everything you said. Especially the very last sentence which is death to any team. I guess i want to give CMR the benefit of the doubt, but it think you said something in a later post about CMR maybe being over confident in his abilities that he can mold the brain of all world body.

I don't know man, but i noticed Dee's thread was gone and i feel like he is plugged in. Riding with Sits may just not be worth it, but i honestly dont see CMR dropping the kid either. Not his way.

They might not need to drop him, just add someone else in...unless Sits was promised that he was the only one which I would hope isn't the case.

I agree. Does anyone have any footage of the pics he threw against Central?

Advertisement
Lol funny anyone would think Brian Hightower or any high school player knows more about a QB's potential than Mark Richt does.

Lol funny anyone would think Brian Hightower or any high school player knows more about a QB's potential than Mark Richt does.

It could be as simple as they think he sucks and they don't like him either and that's all that matters to them.

Advertisement
It is an interesting situation on many levels it seems.

He was picked because of some raw ability but at the same time knowing he needed a lot of coaching up. With the thought that he may never turn into what you want (which could be said for any recruit). Has this changed at all? Does not appear like it. Then our own insiders have said the coaching at his school is bad but they just mostly win off of the talent they get in. If that is true then it is obvious he isn't going to get the coaching up in highschool unless he gets a private one outside of the program. So the recruits knew this from the start.

The other thing is are you going to let individual recruits dictate your program? That can get out of hand fast. You lose control of the team to them. From my understanding that happened with Ed Reed and it worked out to keep our dream team together but it also ended up with us sitting on a bad coach for a while because they forced the coach they wanted. Would it have been better with the coach the admin wanted? I have no idea. Though the players certainly ended up not really picking a good one. Sapp even made fun of the coach they picked later on.

What is the class size we are currently at? What number are we looking to hit? Can we take another 2 QB class? What QB(s) are they looking for next year? I guess the recruit(s) are also saying they don't really trust Perry or Weldon either? Is there a certain QB they want or is it just a personal thing and they want anybody else? Would it change if Eason decided to transfer at the end of the year? Is it just one recruit who is having the issue?

It's not too hard for me to think that Hightower knows more about Pickowski than Rick does. He's around him for hours every day. Rick isn't.

Advertisement

It's not too hard for me to think that Hightower knows more about Pickowski than Rick does. He's around him for hours every day. Rick isn't.

Hightower the next QB recruiting guru.

Some of you guys act like recruiting HS QBs is a scientific exercise. Rick proved that's not the case at UGA. Hightower doesn't need to be a QB guru to see that Pickowski isn't a big time QB or that he might lack optimal intangible qualities that a teammate could easily recognize.

I'd like to see coach Richt use his Georgia connections more. Especially when we have a need that can't be filled with a recruit from Florida. Its really the only thing about him, recruiting wise, I don't understand. I'm not a pickowski fan. So this year I would've like to have seen him at least.. Try.. to go after any of the top 3 quarterbacks from Georgia. Doesn't mean I'd expect him to sign any of them or raid the state. But Idk why he didn't really even try to recruit them. I love the fact he is bringing in local talent. I'm also a big fan of DeeJay Dallas & I have no problem with Hillery. But he had no problem coming after guys in our backyard, when he was at Georgia. Just a little surprised that Dallas & Hillery have been, for the most part, the only recruits from the state of Georgia he's really gone after.

Advertisement
Back