Richt gets his QB

View as article
Advertisement
if we have a good year and rosier plays well, he will come back as the starter next year...

No reason to be worried IMO. Sits has always been a development guy. He wouldn't play anyway for at least 2 or 3 years which will give him plenty of time to develop in a good QB.

Perry is going to start after this season and will remain the starter for at least 2 - 3 years. Barring injury, there is no reason Sits would need to play anyway. Next year Richt will get another QB that will also be elite so we are fine this position in my opinion.

This

You need to sign excellent QBs every year. You never know how guys will or won't develop. You can't afford to waste a cycle on a guy who isn't a good prospect, or else you wind up with the mess Rick had his last couple years at UGA.

You need to sign excellent QBs every year. You never know how guys will or won't develop. You can't afford to waste a cycle on a guy who isn't a good prospect, or else you wind up with the mess Rick had his last couple years at UGA.

This. We already have a messed up stagger at that position since Richt went ahead and had to sign 2. Can't afford a big miss this year imo.

Advertisement

Normally i'm with you, but I think if there is any year you can afford to miss as a staff it's this year. Lets say Kosi doesn't shirt this year. You still have Weldon who i think will be a starter for us one day. Just don't know when that day will be.

However you have a great point with what you say and an even better point when you point out the last 2-3 of CMR at UGA

This. You don't waste a spot on a kid who isn't Miami caliber just because he looks nice in 7v7. He has never looked like a power five qb, in NJ or now in FL.

Every kid you take is important , because you never know when his number will be called. There's injuries, arrests and transfers, so make each one count. Especially the qb position.

Richt ended up with a straight up abortion at Uga his last few years , which lead to his canning. Hopefully he's learned from that.

Normally i'm with you, but I think if there is any year you can afford to miss as a staff it's this year. Lets say Kosi doesn't shirt this year. You still have Weldon who i think will be a starter for us one day. Just don't know when that day will be.

However you have a great point with what you say and an even better point when you point out the last 2-3 of CMR at UGA

Problem is we have no idea how good Perry is. And we have no idea if Perry or Weldon will transfer once the other guy is named starter. We're all assuming Perry is a stud and that he'll seamlessly take over and then Weldon will step in after Perry leaves after his 3rd year.

That's great if it plays out that way, but Rick signed a few QBs at UGA his last few cycles that wound up flaming out completely or quickly transferring. That left him scrambling for a terrible Greyson Lambert and giving reps to clowns like Ramsey and Bauta when Lambert flamed out.

It can be deadly to completely whiff at the QB position in a cycle.

This kid is not good and its no secret.....i wont be surprised if MR changes his stance or then hes dumber than i thought

Advertisement
This kid is not good and its no secret.....i wont be surprised if MR changes his stance or then hes dumber than i thought

Sometimes, guys who have coached QBs for many years start thinking they can take anyone with physical skills and turn them into a great QB. Maybe that's what's going on with Rick and Pickowski. I have no idea what he sees other than size and good arm strength. But I'm sure some of it is Rick's own ego as a QB coach.

Richt is "dumber than you thought"?

Fvck off. Richt might be wrong on Sit, but you're a sad, pathetic man if you're calling him dumb.

Last edited:
get the kid from vegas

b580944283.jpg

Advertisement

Look at FSU right now. They had to dismiss that QB that's at FAU now. They were hoping to RS Blackman, instead they have to ride with him and he's nowhere near physically developed yet for the collegiate level.

Look at FSU right now. They had to dismiss that QB that's at FAU now. They were hoping to RS Blackman, instead they have to ride with him and he's nowhere near physically developed yet for the collegiate level.

And on the flipside, look at UGA. Signed Eason. Followed that up by signing Fromm. Eason goes down. Fromm steps in and they don't miss a beat. They're competing for Fields this year.

One of the things that put Clemson over the top in the Dabo era was their collection of QB's.

As Franchise stated, you have to sign a quality one every cycle.

Sitowski ain't quality.

Advertisement

Problem is we have no idea how good Perry is. And we have no idea if Perry or Weldon will transfer once the other guy is named starter. We're all assuming Perry is a stud and that he'll seamlessly take over and then Weldon will step in after Perry leaves after his 3rd year.

That's great if it plays out that way, but Rick signed a few QBs at UGA his last few cycles that wound up flaming out completely or quickly transferring. That left him scrambling for a terrible Greyson Lambert and giving reps to clowns like Ramsey and Bauta when Lambert flamed out.

It can be deadly to completely whiff at the QB position in a cycle.

I agree with everything you said. Especially the very last sentence which is death to any team. I guess i want to give CMR the benefit of the doubt, but it think you said something in a later post about CMR maybe being over confident in his abilities that he can mold the brain of all world body.

I don't know man, but i noticed Dee's thread was gone and i feel like he is plugged in. Riding with Sits may just not be worth it, but i honestly dont see CMR dropping the kid either. Not his way.

Advertisement
Back