Richt gets his QB

View as article
This thread has turned into ish. Fact is nobody know how the kid will turn out. The NFL spends tons of money trying to figure out how a QB will turn out and still has a pretty bad success rate, but you keyboard warriors somehow think you know how every single prospect will turn out.

Just take the situation for what it is and move on. He is a big strong athletic kid who doesn't seem like he processes the game super well as of yet. Maybe Richt will replace him or look to add another QB. One thing I do know is you guys bashing the kid or bashing Richt for some of his QB recruiting won't change anything. Half of you weren't worried if Sits would be good or not because you crowned Perry before he sat foot on campus. Yea Richt isn't a 100% on hitting on QBs, but I still trust his judgment more than yours. It's your right to criticize him, but after a while it gets old. We get your point...we don't need post after post of you guys repeating yourselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
College football is a business. I feel sorry for the kid, but the honorable thing for Richt to do would be to let the kid know now that we're moving on, and maybe help him land someplace else. You never know what the future holds, but the odds of that kid being successful as a major college QB is highly unlikely at this point in time. Seems like our coach is doing what the NFL talent "evaluators" do every **** year; get caught up in measurables.

And for those saying it's not a big deal because we have Perry waiting in the wings to take over for the next however many years, you guys are crazy. Talk about a recipe for disaster.

We have rosier, shireffs, nkosi, and Weldon all will be on the team next year... it's not a big issue regardless bc they're going to continue to recruit qbs every recruiting class but hey don't let me stop y'all from continuing poRsting it up in this woat thread.

This!

I always get a laugh from those that want to bash people that are simply giving their opinions. This is RECRUITING. If we are expected to not discuss, question, and give opinions on kids, why in the **** do we have a recruiting board? Just shut the **** thing down and just talk about whoever shows up on campus for the Fall.

Recruit another QB. If he doesnt like it and decides to open up his recruitment..its a win win.

I see no reason to bring in "filler" at qb..Im in the opinion you bring in guys that want to compete for starting time that pushes others out the way or to transfer. Im not sure we get that with Sits..but i take another qb with him in the class.

Advertisement
I always get a laugh from those that want to bash people that are simply giving their opinions. This is RECRUITING. If we are expected to not discuss, question, and give opinions on kids, why in the **** do we have a recruiting board? Just shut the **** thing down and just talk about whoever shows up on campus for the Fall.

I get a laugh from people who state their opinions as facts.

This thread has turned into ish. Fact is nobody know how the kid will turn out. The NFL spends tons of money trying to figure out how a QB will turn out and still has a pretty bad success rate, but you keyboard warriors somehow think you know how every single prospect will turn out.

Just take the situation for what it is and move on. He is a big strong athletic kid who doesn't seem like he processes the game super well as of yet. Maybe Richt will replace him or look to add another QB. One thing I do know is you guys bashing the kid or bashing Richt for some of his QB recruiting won't change anything. Half of you weren't worried if Sits would be good or not because you crowned Perry before he sat foot on campus. Yea Richt isn't a 100% on hitting on QBs, but I still trust his judgment more than yours. It's your right to criticize him, but after a while it gets old. We get your point...we don't need post after post of you guys repeating yourselves.

No one knows for sure how ANY recruit will turn out. Might as well close this board if we can't give opinions merely because none of those opinions are guaranteed to be correct.

No one knows for sure how ANY recruit will turn out. Might as well close this board if we can't give opinions merely because none of those opinions are guaranteed to be correct.

Point taken. But like I said earlier, too many people state their opinions as facts. And I admit that sometimes it can be a thin line. Its just crossed way too often here imo. But if y'all want to argue for 15+ pages whether a 17 year kid deserves a scholarship here, then go ahead. Sorry to interrupt.

I get a laugh from people who state their opinions as facts.

Well you definitely aren't referring to my post.

Advertisement

Point taken. But like I said earlier, too many people state their opinions as facts. And I admit that sometimes it can be a thin line. Its just crossed way too often here imo. But if y'all want to argue for 15+ pages whether a 17 year kid deserves a scholarship here, then go ahead. Sorry to interrupt.

It's actually poor form to say "in my opinion" before you post what is pretty obviously an opinion. You're a smart guy. You should know just by the nature of what is being discussed that it's all opinions.

Some people are more committed to their opinions than others, but that commitment doesn't transform the opinion to fact, and you should know that. We're not discussing mathematical formulas here. There's no science here. It's all opinion.

Recruit another QB. If he doesnt like it and decides to open up his recruitment..its a win win.

I see no reason to bring in "filler" at qb..Im in the opinion you bring in guys that want to compete for starting time that pushes others out the way or to transfer. Im not sure we get that with Sits..but i take another qb with him in the class.

seriously. look at the situation the noles are in right now. henry was a knucklehead, and blackman/consentino were the only other options left.

seriously. look at the situation the noles are in right now. henry was a knucklehead, and blackman/consentino were the only other options left.

Look at Rick's last couple years at UGA. He had to bring in a QB off UVA's scrap heap.

All these dudes assuming we're set at QB and don't really need one this class are whistling through the graveyard.

Look at Rick's last couple years at UGA. He had to bring in a QB off UVA's scrap heap.

All these dudes assuming we're set at QB and don't really need one this class are whistling through the graveyard.

This. Sitkowski has demonstrated issues with accuracy and turnovers throughout his high school career. Then he transfers to IMG, but a few games into the season he gets benched in the second quarter of a game against Central after going 5/13 for 10 yards and two picks. His coach pulls out the old "bruised shoulder" and "precautionary move" coach-speak to protect the IMG brand and the kid's stars. But the next week, it looks like he's benched again against Northwestern (see photos of him on the sideline with his headset on).

To a certain extent, I trust the coaching staff to make their player evaluations and prioritize the guys they think best fit the program and scheme. But blind trust is suicide, and all thinking individuals should (at least) "trust but verify." And each game he plays this season it's becoming more and more difficult to trust the staff should be all in on Sitkowski based on his performance.

Advertisement
The guy was benched in high school. Even if we love his potential and take a flyer on him, time to open up recruiting in case he can't turn it around.

Krootin' aint for the weak.

Advertisement
Back