Rhett Lashlee or Kendall Briles?

Advertisement
Willie is an offensive minded coach. He definitely had his hand in briles offense. Rhett has complete control of our offense and will be doing everything his way. Only thing Manny will be doing is deciding whether we’re going for it on a 4th down.

I can't believe with my own eyes I am seeing Miami fans saying "Lashlee has wayyyy more around him" meanwhile all of that talent you all are mentioning couldn't do a **** thing for the last 2 years? Who do we have/had? Versus who they have/had?

They had Cam Akers. They have that stud receiver Terry.
We have Brevin Jordan. A guy who can't play more than 6 games a year. Does Miami actually have anyone else? (excluding King)

The blind homerism some of you guys exhibit is mind boggling to me. Saying we have WAY more talent on offense is incredible given what we all have watched for 2 years.

I can't believe with my own eyes I am seeing Miami fans saying "Lashlee has wayyyy more around him" meanwhile all of that talent you all are mentioning couldn't do a **** thing for the last 2 years? Who do we have/had? Versus who they have/had?

We have Brevin Jordan. A guy who can't play more than 6 games a year. Does Miami actually have anyone else? (excluding King)

The blind homerism some of you guys exhibit is mind boggling to me. Saying we have WAY more talent on offense is incredible given what we all have watched for 2 years.
Way more talent is being hyperbolic but UM has had more talent then FSU has had the last 3 or so years. Miami has had 2 problems - QB play and OC . We fixed both of those for at least this season. You can say our OL has been the 3rd problem but I think coaching will fix a lot of that and experience which our young guys got a ton of on the OL last year.

Way more talent is being hyperbolic but UM has had more talent then FSU has had the last 3 or so years. Miami has had 2 problems - QB play and OC . We fixed both of those for at least this season. You can say our OL has been the 3rd problem but I think coaching will fix a lot of that and experience which our young guys got a ton of on the OL last year.
They have had more offensive players drafted than us in the last 3 years. Many of which weren't the Miami special of going in the 7th round.

Advertisement
This.

King is light years better than Blackman and Hornibrook combined, and it starts with the QB.

Miami’s OL, as horrifying as it was last year, will absolutely be better in 2020 than FSU had in 2019.

Briles is a top 10ish coordinator in the game. He’s fantastic. The FSU offense was actually a lot better last year than 2018. But Lashlee has wayyyy more around him.

You also have to understand, Willie is an offensive coach. He called plays at previous stops. So what’s he gonna meddle in? The offense. Manny is a defensive guy. The OC gets far more autonomy under Manny than he gets under Willie.
ALLLLLL of This!!!

If you compare offensive position groups team vs team Miami is better in most of those groups. As stated, we've struggled due to poor o line, qb play, and overall coaching. With a competent qb & scheme we're a clear step ahead of them on offense.

Advertisement

D’Eriq King is much better than every QB both programs have had since Jameis.

Much.

willie was an "offensive" mind coach that had his own offense installed and was calling plays for a year before briles.

manny diaz is a defensive coach that wasn't calling plays, and according to this forum doesn't know anything about offense or football.

Leon was versatile until Big Vince met that *** in the backfield....
My second favorite Cane hit, second to Barrow on Vanover. Tied with Sean Taylor on PK Sam.

Not as violent as Barrow and Taylor’s but funny as **** watching 340-ish lb Wilfork squash 180-ish Leon Washington. Big Vince was literally ‘twice the man’ Washington was.

Same results with horrible olines!

The problem was fit, talent, and Taggert.

I watched a Briles offense come back and win down 3 touchdowns with a wide receiver at emergency quarterback.

I was just thinking today if we swapped Jarren for Hornibrook, both our offenses would have been a lot better. Hornibrook had a lot of experience under center at Wisconsin. Jarren would have been good in Briles spread scheme.

Our players are better at every position and our qb is a perfect fit.

Diaz will be hands off the offense, unlike sweet Willie Urkel. Urkel’s offense failed so he had to hire Briles. Word is he meddled in the offense and killed their momentum. Could be bs and they were just piling on a failed head coach, but if I had to bet I would say the those reports are accurate.

Briles season wasn’t great by any means, but he improved their offense in many categories. Lashlee is coming into a great situation. The only thing between us and an incredible first year turn around is the covid 19 bullshyt. We needed all the practice time we could get to hit the ground running. Lashlee has his work cut out for him installing with all the missed time.

Advertisement
The problem was fit, talent, and Taggert.

I watched a Briles offense come back and win down 3 touchdowns with a wide receiver at emergency quarterback.

I was just thinking today if we swapped Jarren for Hornibrook, both our offenses would have been a lot better. Hornibrook had a lot of experience under center at Wisconsin. Jarren would have been good in Briles spread scheme.

Our players are better at every position and our qb is a perfect fit.

Diaz will be hands off the offense, unlike sweet Willie Urkel. Urkel’s offense failed so he had to hire Briles. Word is he meddled in the offense and killed their momentum. Could be bs and they were just piling on a failed head coach, but if I had to bet I would say the those reports are accurate.

Briles season wasn’t great by any means, but he improved their offense in many categories. Lashlee is coming into a great situation. The only thing between us and an incredible first year turn around is the covid 19 bullshyt. We needed all the practice time we could get to hit the ground running. Lashlee has his work cut out for him installing with all the missed time.
we have caught up with fsu as far as talent goes! Norvel is da wildcard, we don't know what he will do with fsu talent!!

I see a lot of FSU fans saying Lashlee is our Kendall Briles and he will fail due to Manny Diaz like Kendall did with Willie. Do you think these circumstances are anything alike?
Not the same. Manny is a defensive coach and will let lashlee do his thing. He may succeed, he may not, but manny will not interfere unless he’s a disaster. With Willie, Willie was an offensive minded coach with his own offensive system. If briles came in, ran his own system, and turned the team around, it would’ve reflected poorly on Willie. Willie was always going to be interjecting himself.

If you notice everyone saying “well Briles didn’t have King at FSU.”, he did however have king at Houston when king went for 50TDs.

Honestly, both of these attacks are similar in they’re spread uptempo attacks primarily ran from the gun. I don’t think it worked for Briles in FSU because they didn’t have Capable QB who can make all the throws and scramble well enough to a certain degree. FSU o line was also awful at pass protection and run blocking, thus making that Noles offense 1 dimensional with Akers running the ball most plays. I don’t think we’ll have any of these problems.

Advertisement
Not the same. Manny is a defensive coach and will let lashlee do his thing. He may succeed, he may not, but manny will not interfere unless he’s a disaster. With Willie, Willie was an offensive minded coach with his own offensive system. If briles came in, ran his own system, and turned the team around, it would’ve reflected poorly on Willie. Willie was always going to be interjecting himself.

Fsu actually got off to fast starts and scored points but Briles couldn't effectively run the ball even with Cam Akers and by the 2nd quarter and halftime teams figured out how to stop them

Lashlee has MUCH more talent to work with at every position than briles had at FSU. Completely different circumstances

Seriously?

Jimbo left something like the #5 talent in the country for Taggart and staff. Miami’s current talent, on the other hand, is something like #17 nationally.

People on here ridiculously overrate the level of talent on the Miami roster.

And it doesn’t seem like our talent is going to improve anytime soon. We usually have a top 5 recruiting class at this time of year, but this year we’re #15.... I’m not sure our final 2021 recruiting ranking will be in the top 25.

Seriously?

Jimbo left something like the #5 talent in the country for Taggart and staff. Miami’s current talent, on the other hand, is something like #17 nationally.

People on here ridiculously overrate the level of talent on the Miami roster.

And it doesn’t seem like our talent is going to improve anytime soon. We usually have a top 5 recruiting class at this time of year, but this year we’re #15.... I’m not sure our final 2021 recruiting ranking will be in the top 25.
@RVACane ...Another Troll

Advertisement
Back