Rhett Lashlee or Kendall Briles?

Advertisement
Other then rb you might be right! Akers flashed a lil bit behind that bad oline!
He's a monster and should have been given the ball 30 times a game. But I'm glad they're stupid.

Dad's a Notre Dame season ticket holder and I go to one game a year with him. (we keep it civil lol) Saw the Canes there a few years ago. Anyhow, I went to the FSU game there 2 years ago and every **** time they gave Akers the ball he went for 6-7 yards. Those idiots game him the ball about 7 times.

Last edited:
There is more to the short passing game than the slant and screen.

Shhhh. Don’t tell Richt and Enos.

All Lashlee’s plays have potential even if the line is still gelling. He has a varied screen game. Hopefully there are stops, drags and crosses in abundance. Putting two short routes on the same side gives the quarterback easy to see options as well. Motion can help get guys free releases against press coverage.

The most important thing is the timing he teaches his quarterback. The pace allows him to run check with me and make calls based on the look he gets. Even on long throws, he coaches the quarterback to release in under 3 seconds. That will go a long way to helping us even if the offensive line has a ways to go.
I'm also pretty sure I saw footage on this site of SMU receivers putting their foot in the ground and going back outside when teams started jumping the slant. They seemed to make adjustments. And we've finally got a guy at QB who has put up huge numbers with real bullets flying.

Advertisement
Cam Akers
2017 1025 yds
2018 706 yds
2019 1144 yds

Travis Homer
2017 966 yds
2018 985 yds

Let's not pretend Akers was Dalvin Cook.
I think Akers' numbers would have been better if they had run him 30 times a game. That's a big dude to tackle all day, and they didn't use him like that.

King did in fact remark on Lashlee running a similar offense to Briles. I also heard Slick Willie had Briles in a leash all year and what we saw from FSU wasn’t the veer and shoot.

Advertisement
Back