Renner questionable for Thursday

Advertisement
Williams was pretty good but his last TD against VT came when they were down 17 and with a minute left in the game.

UNC averages 2.9 per carry as a team
That's horrible
The only chance they have are big plays and penalties
20 yards plays and dumb mistakes keep them in it

We have been careless a few weeks in a row, and that needs to be corrected
1-2 turnovers this becomes a closer game
3 plus, we may dig too deep a hole

If we get them consistently 3rd long, look for big defensive plays
Also, a quick 10-14 point lead changes their gameplan, and feeds our philosophy
It will be difficulty for them to sustain long drives, and our O, barring mistakes, could wear them down quickly

I see a 25 point victory if we play nearly TO free football

Advertisement
Williams actually played pretty well against a great Vag Tech D, and he brings the running element that Renner doesn't.

This.

I'd rather they have a statue back there.

If Renner's relatively healthy, I disagree. He's the type of QB who traditionally carves up our zone defense.

Yup, plus this will be the first legit passing team we have played this year. We have proven we can stop the run and pound it teams.

Hopefully we have put those make avg QBs look amazing days behind us also. If Renner gets in a rhythm I could see it being a long night

Raleigh News and Observer says he's playing

If he plays he'll last until McCord breaks him.

This. I want McCord to break him.

306.gif

Renner is completing 60% of his passes for 1,100 yards with 7 TD and 3 INT in 4 games this year and people are acting like he's put up Kirby Freeman numbers.

Advertisement
Renner is completing 60% of his passes for 1,100 yards with 7 TD and 3 INT in 4 games this year and people are acting like he's put up Kirby Freeman numbers.

Renner sucks

You have anything to back that up like stats or opinions of scouts or experts? Or are you just repeating it over and over again because you think it sounds cool?

Renner is the 4th best qb in the conference at the moment, which is pretty good considering three teams are in the top 10. He has had a very solid career. I don't think he'll be as productive considering his injury which takes away his mobility, not to mention the level of playmakers he has around him is down this year and their defense is also much worse

Renner sucks

You have anything to back that up like stats or opinions of scouts or experts? Or are you just repeating it over and over again because you think it sounds cool?

I just know he's an average QB in the pocket and is WOAT outside the pocket or when there is pressure in the pocket.

Advertisement
Williams was the guy that was practically begging for a Miami offer wasn't he? And a good amount of our fans were complaining when Corch wouldn't offer.

Renner sucks

I just know he's an average QB in the pocket and is WOAT outside the pocket or when there is pressure in the pocket.

Based on what?

2011: 3,086 yards, 68.3%, 26 TD, 13 INT
2012: 3,356 yards, 65.4%, 28 TD, 7 INT
2013: 1,117, 60%, 7 TD, 3 INT

So, for his career, 7500+ yards, 61 TD, 23 INT and well over 60% completion %. That's not average.

Renner sucks

When did zone get into the green?

Advertisement

Renner sucks

Based on what?

2011: 3,086 yards, 68.3%, 26 TD, 13 INT
2012: 3,356 yards, 65.4%, 28 TD, 7 INT
2013: 1,117, 60%, 7 TD, 3 INT

So, for his career, 7500+ yards, 61 TD, 23 INT and well over 60% completion %. That's not average.

I don't think he's horrible at all, but if he's playing on 1 leg, which he will be if he plays, he'll be a sitting duck. And our pass rush is light years better than he's ever seen from us. They don't protect the passer as well as they did the last 2 years, and most of his playmakers are gone. On top of that, he benefitted HUGELY from having the incredible Gio Bernard in the backfield. This year, they have no one close at RB to take the heat off him.

In other words, expect McCord to break him early. You'll see a lot of Williams.

I want Renner to play. I want to see how good our pass D is before we play FSU. Wake is hot garbage so that game won't tell anything.

I would rather face a running QB than one with accuracy. I don't know if Renner is banged up or what, but he's trouble no matter what.

That being said, I want the best those ******s can muster.

Advertisement
Back