Renner questionable for Thursday

Renner is completing 60% of his passes for 1,100 yards with 7 TD and 3 INT in 4 games this year and people are acting like he's put up Kirby Freeman numbers.

Renner sucks

You have anything to back that up like stats or opinions of scouts or experts? Or are you just repeating it over and over again because you think it sounds cool?

I just know he's an average QB in the pocket and is WOAT outside the pocket or when there is pressure in the pocket.

Based on what?

2011: 3,086 yards, 68.3%, 26 TD, 13 INT
2012: 3,356 yards, 65.4%, 28 TD, 7 INT
2013: 1,117, 60%, 7 TD, 3 INT

So, for his career, 7500+ yards, 61 TD, 23 INT and well over 60% completion %. That's not average.

lol you can talk about stats all you want to.....

2011 and 2012 he did his thing, coming into the season he was considered "the best QB no one is talking about" so i know about the hype.

This year, i was expecting to see a QB in the same conversation as Stephen Morris..... you know i just dont randomly cheer lead like you until i find out for myself what all the fuss is about.

Against South Carolina he was running around looking lost and threw to the tune of 194 yards in a spread offense, 1 TD on 4.5 yards AVG.

Against Georgia Tech he threw for a whooping 218 yards.... GOAT smh

He did have very good games against Middle Tennessee St and ECU..... I guess that explains why you are sucking him off so hard.

715 of his 1,117 passing yards, that you are so scared of, came in those 2 games w/ 4 of his 7 TDs coming in those 2 games as well. Perfect.

SMH so all jokes aside, like i said he's nothing but average at best, what are you trying to prove?.... that he's Johnny Manziel or something?

lol yeah only against non BCS teams obviously.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So you throw away 2 years of very solid performances for 2 subpar games? You've got to be kidding me. He is a very good, not elite QB. You can trash him all you want, but you're just making yourself look ridiculous.

So you throw away 2 years of very solid performances for 2 subpar games? You've got to be kidding me. He is a very good, not elite QB. You can trash him all you want, but you're just making yourself look ridiculous.

On a very regular basis.

If Miami sleeps on Renner, it could be '09 all over again. Miami struggles at UNC, they can't take anything for granted. This is UNC's bowl game.

We need practice against a passer to get ready for famous amos. AQM and McCord need to zero in the sack machine, so some target practice is in order. This another ACC team we need to get out of the habit of thinking they can beat us.

Advertisement
We need practice against a passer to get ready for famous amos. AQM and McCord need to zero in the sack machine, so some target practice is in order. This another ACC team we need to get out of the habit of thinking they can beat us.
232.jpg

lol look bro let it go, i see your struggling w/ this one smh

i'm making myself look ridiculous??? lol so basically you dont think being a cheerleader for an average UNC qb is looking ridiculous? smh

I'm not going to breakdown what happened the last 2 years of his career while he was under the radar, i dont care.... all i know is he's nothing but average now. You want me to act like I, myself, should be so afraid of Renner, like you or 4Canes.... GTFOH w/ that weak ****.

The reason why i'm not afraid of him, like you are, is b/c i know what kind of team Miami is, you so busy worried about a 1-4 UNC team, i'm looking ridiculous, but you looking like a *** right now.

On a very regular basis.

If Miami sleeps on Renner, it could be '09 all over again. Miami struggles at UNC, they can't take anything for granted. This is UNC's bowl game.

"It could be 09 all over again" this guy smh...... so obviously in order for me not to "look ridiculous on a very regular basis" i need to act like a ****** like you, right? lol hilarious

Only a ****** like you would think that someone on this board not taking UNC serious, could mean that the "Actual team" is going to sleep on Renner... lol bro ur looking ridiculous, i'm not sure how regular it is b/c ur irrelevant, but right now ur looking pretty ***. smh

I could sleep on Renner all i want to.... he's an average QB, not a very good QB, or a good one. He's just average, I see that rustles ur jimmies, i didnt know u had Renner posters stuck together in ur room :eekeyes:.

If you had a clue, you would understand that the reason i'm not taking Renner serious, is b/c I know this team is going to be prepared to make him look like the type of QB he has shown to be this year..... which is average at best, but underwhelming.

U MAD, U want me to cry in fear w/ you???..... well show me how to do that and i'll see. lol

Renner is a pretty good, those quick to dismiss him because of this season are foolish.

Why does everyone in this thread want ppl to consider Renner a good QB?

I called him trash one time, and the Renner defender Notsince, 1st assumes i was being literal and has to defend his QB's honor. WTF

smh I didnt know this was a Renner celebration thread WTF is going in here????

i said he's "average at best" what more credit do i need to give him on this site?

Every week, no matter what this team, Miami (not UNC) shows ppl on here start constantly acting pussified about the competition smh....

I dont care about UNC, I dont care about Renner, he's average, i can dismiss all i want to, if you all think my opinions, which are usually right, somehow will sink into the minds of our football team then i dont know what to tell yall smh.

Advertisement
Renner is a pretty good, those quick to dismiss him because of this season are foolish.

I called him trash one time, and the Renner defender Notsince, 1st assumes i was being literal and has to defend his QB's honor. WTF

i said he's "average at best" what more credit do i need to give him on this site?

Every week, no matter what this team, Miami (not UNC) shows ppl on here start constantly acting pussified about the competition smh....

I dont care about UNC, I dont care about Renner, he's average, i can dismiss all i want to, if you all think my opinions, which are usually right, somehow will sink into the minds of our football team then i dont know what to tell yall smh.

RELAX!!!!!

This is a discussion about Renner so people are going to discuss Renner in this thread. Nobody is sucking him off and calling him a god but he is a good QB with some decent weapons around him (Erbon and Davis).

People are going to be pussified no matter what but can we still talk about the opponent on a weekly basis? The people are irrelevant, the fans are here to talk they don't effect the games (this may be news to you).

Also if you don't care about UNC, then stay out of the thread. It is pretty simple actually, if you think your opinion are "right" what does that say when people argue with you on a topic? If you are "right" why waste your time? Seems pretty foolish since you are "right."

They have no running game without Bernard and they'll be passing which means McCord and AQM will be consistently pinning their ears back for the first time this season.

If Brenner knows what's good for him he'll stay on the IR till next week!

1.gif

Last edited:
Jacory Harris had to throw not one, but two, pick 6s for us to lose the 09 game. I just can't see that kind of crap happening this year.

RELAX!!!!!

This is a discussion about Renner so people are going to discuss Renner in this thread. Nobody is sucking him off and calling him a god but he is a good QB with some decent weapons around him (Erbon and Davis).

People are going to be pussified no matter what but can we still talk about the opponent on a weekly basis? The people are irrelevant, the fans are here to talk they don't effect the games (this may be news to you).

Also if you don't care about UNC, then stay out of the thread. It is pretty simple actually, if you think your opinion are "right" what does that say when people argue with you on a topic? If you are "right" why waste your time? Seems pretty foolish since you are "right."

I agree w/ everything u just said.... which would mean that i should be able to think that Renner is an average QB w/o ppl jumping down my throat about it.

Advertisement
Renner is a good solid QB that will test our D if he plays

24th in QB rating in 2012 as a JR
10th in QB rating in 2011 as a SO

RELAX!!!!!

I agree w/ everything u just said.... which would mean that i should be able to think that Renner is an average QB w/o ppl jumping down my throat about it.

Are people not allowed to think and state that they think you're wrong? You're acting like a child.

I don't think Miami fans trust the team to play like they're supposed to, based on the talent-level, week in and week out. Coker's and Shannon's teams lost this kind of game routinely. Golden is just getting the talent and maturity close to where it needs to be to make this kind of game a routine win.

Advertisement

Are people not allowed to think and state that they think you're wrong? You're acting like a child.

Far from whats going on in this thread Aaron....

I said Renner was average at best in the pocket and WOAT out of the pocket.... then i get NotSince and 4Canes saying i'm looking ridiculous for making that statement.

Seems to me I'm not the only one acting like a child, if you got ppl in this thread offended enough to say i'm "looking ridiculous" b/c I said Renner is an average at best QB.

Renner is a good solid QB that will test our D if he plays

24th in QB rating in 2012 as a JR
10th in QB rating in 2011 as a SO

All those stats prove is that he is a very good game manager when their is enough talent around him to make him feel comfortable....

He doesnt have some of those 2011 and 2012 weapons and he hasnt shown the ability to make the guys around him better this year.

This overused statement of "so and so is going to test our D" is played out..... I can say Duke is going to test our D, Wake Forest is going to test out D, Pitt is going to test our D, Logan Thomas is going to test our D (a lot more then Renner Honestly)....

so what is the point that you are trying to make by saying that about Renner..... beside that he's going to "test" our D???

Zone you're more than welcome to your opinion. You look ridiculous when you don't back it up with anything except the fact that you tend to feel a certain way, and then tell other posters they are sucking off Renner because they happen to respect his skills and what he's done over a very productive career. Lastly, as others have pointed out, if you don't want to talk about Renner, a thread about Renner is probably not the best place for you.

Either way, I'm done arguing this with you. You think he sucks, most people don't. Hopefully the Canes make him look like Kirby Freeman on Thursday.

Zone you're more than welcome to your opinion. You look ridiculous when you don't back it up with anything except the fact that you tend to feel a certain way, and then tell other posters they are sucking off Renner because they happen to respect his skills and what he's done over a very productive career. Lastly, as others have pointed out, if you don't want to talk about Renner, a thread about Renner is probably not the best place for you.

Either way, I'm done arguing this with you. You think he sucks, most people don't. Hopefully the Canes make him look like Kirby Freeman on Thursday.

lol what r u talking about.... I'm in a thread discussing Renner. I said he is "average at best" you got offended.

I didnt know the only type of discussion you could have in this thread about Renner was agreeing w/ everyone that he is GOAT. I said he was trash and you jumped the shark, you took that comment to seriously for somebody that isnt a UNC fan.?????

He hasnt done much of anything this year for me to say he is a good QB, if he did then i would say it and move on.... me considering him an average QB has rustled a lot of jimmies in this thread.... when has "average" meant he sucks???

You say I need to explain my position, but when have i not done that in this thread, i said he's average in the pocket, WOAT outside the pocket, then i gave you stats of how he has performed against BCS teams this season.

You dismissed it b/c you want to stick to ur fanatic opinion that Renner is a very good QB which is baseless imo. so since you have no other way of convincing someone who doesnt agree, you only could throw out the "you look ridiculous" comment to save face.

smh

Advertisement
Back