Renner questionable for Thursday

Feel our def will do better than the 09 team....DVD isnt in our cb anymore

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Renner is a good solid QB that will test our D if he plays

24th in QB rating in 2012 as a JR
10th in QB rating in 2011 as a SO

All those stats prove is that he is a very good game manager when their is enough talent around him to make him feel comfortable....

He doesnt have some of those 2011 and 2012 weapons and he hasnt shown the ability to make the guys around him better this year.

This overused statement of "so and so is going to test our D" is played out..... I can say Duke is going to test our D, Wake Forest is going to test out D, Pitt is going to test our D, Logan Thomas is going to test our D (a lot more then Renner Honestly)....

so what is the point that you are trying to make by saying that about Renner..... beside that he's going to "test" our D???

My post isn't very long, my point is exactly what my post says, "Renner is a good solid QB".

3300 yards 65% 28 TDs 7 INTs is far from a game manager.

I agree w/ everything u just said.... which would mean that i should be able to think that Renner is an average QB w/o ppl jumping down my throat about it.

Are people not allowed to think and state that they think you're wrong? You're acting like a child.

Far from whats going on in this thread Aaron....

I said Renner was average at best in the pocket and WOAT out of the pocket.... then i get NotSince and 4Canes saying i'm looking ridiculous for making that statement.

Seems to me I'm not the only one acting like a child, if you got ppl in this thread offended enough to say i'm "looking ridiculous" b/c I said Renner is an average at best QB.

Oh you're certainly not the only one acting like a child, quite a few others are as well, but you still are acting like a child. You don't have to get personally offended if/when people disagree with you, that is something children do. You're better and smarter than that.

I don't think Miami fans trust the team to play like they're supposed to, based on the talent-level, week in and week out. Coker's and Shannon's teams lost this kind of game routinely. Golden is just getting the talent and maturity close to where it needs to be to make this kind of game a routine win.

Exactly what's happening. This is another one of those culture testers. Have the players bought in to The Don's message completely? Or are they still too young and immature to really listen to tell him to not take the cheese?

Ok, let's try this one last time. You said yourself you didn't want to discuss Renner or UNC and already got called out for it by another poster in this thread. So that's one issue. As for the other, yes, I look at his body of work over his career rather than 4 games this year. And, if we are just looking at 4 games, he hasn't been horrible. His stats are still above average. He's on a crap team. No QB is going to look like Peyton Manning without weapons around him. Again, I never said he was great, I said he was good, which he is, which an opinion shared by analysts and nfl scouts too. Lastly, offended? Give me a break. I couldn't care less. I hate UNC and I hope Renner throws 8 picks on Thursday. Doesn't mean I don't think he's a good QB.

Seriously, I quit, you win, he's Kirby Freeman against NC St in 07.

Advertisement
Ok, let's try this one last time. You said yourself you didn't want to discuss Renner or UNC and already got called out for it by another poster in this thread. So that's one issue. As for the other, yes, I look at his body of work over his career rather than 4 games this year. And, if we are just looking at 4 games, he hasn't been horrible. His stats are still above average. He's on a crap team. No QB is going to look like Peyton Manning without weapons around him. Again, I never said he was great, I said he was good, which he is, which an opinion shared by analysts and nfl scouts too. Lastly, offended? Give me a break. I couldn't care less. I hate UNC and I hope Renner throws 8 picks on Thursday. Doesn't mean I don't think he's a good QB.

no one is that bad....

Lol you are full of **** you know that?? hilarious....

why are you lying??? Go back and show me where i said that "i didnt want to discuss Renner or UNC" please find that post for me then i'll go from there.

I don't think Miami fans trust the team to play like they're supposed to, based on the talent-level, week in and week out. Coker's and Shannon's teams lost this kind of game routinely. Golden is just getting the talent and maturity close to where it needs to be to make this kind of game a routine win.

Exactly what's happening. This is another one of those culture testers. Have the players bought in to The Don's message completely? Or are they still too young and immature to really listen to tell him to not take the cheese?

I know this is exactly what all the "uncertainty" that seems to come up every week is about.

But I have never seen Miami lose to a team they were just hands down suppose to beat under Al Golden thats why I have confidence in this team this year.

I'm not always porsting up soft shouldered comments about being "worried" or "this is a test" and all that other bs b/c Al Golden's Miami teams has never just dropped the ball against inferior opponents.

Last year Miami only lost to teams that were on our level or just far better then us.... also last year's Miami team beat teams that should've beaten us b/c of our youth.

People need to just RELAX BRO and just accept the fact that this isnt the same team as 09 or whatever the **** else year ppl want to throw out.

Anything can happen.... TRUE, but why not start giving this team a much deserved benefit of the doubt for once. Especially over a 1-4 team.

I know this is exactly what all the "uncertainty" that seems to come up every week is about.

But I have never seen Miami lose to a team they were just hands down suppose to beat under Al Golden thats why I have confidence in this team this year.

I'm not always porsting up soft shouldered comments about being "worried" or "this is a test" and all that other bs b/c Al Golden's Miami teams has never just dropped the ball against inferior opponents.

Last year Miami only lost to teams that were on our level or just far better then us.... also last year's Miami team beat teams that should've beaten us b/c of our youth.

People need to just RELAX BRO and just accept the fact that this isnt the same team as 09 or whatever the **** else year ppl want to throw out.

Anything can happen.... TRUE, but why not start giving this team a much deserved benefit of the doubt for once. Especially over a 1-4 team.

It was with different guys and I don't think Golden had his culture in place yet, but we should not have lost that BC game at home a few years back. I think last year's Virginia game is pretty close, too.

Advertisement

just a question.....do u think Virginia was a team that was on our level.....i understand that our def last yr couldnt stop a lingerie team but i refuse to put them on ur level

It was with different guys and I don't think Golden had his culture in place yet, but we should not have lost that BC game at home a few years back. I think last year's Virginia game is pretty close, too.

That UVa game we should've won but Miami wasnt a "better" team then them last year.... we lost b/c of how extreme our weaknesses were.

Miami was considered justa below average team that overachieved at times.... our defense was WOAT. B/c of that i cant say that Miami was just a hands down better team then UVa b/c we werent.

just a question.....do u think Virginia was a team that was on our level.....i understand that our def last yr couldnt stop a lingerie team but i refuse to put them on ur level

UVa finished 4-8 last year. Miami finished 7-5. But if i take off the Orange and Green glasses i could see that if it wasnt for late minute heroics against GT and NcSt we couldve lost those games easily. Which would mean a 5-7 record.

Just from a youth stand point and how terrible our defense was I have to go with the notion that UVa was on our same level, but Miami did something UVa wasnt able to do and that was overachieve. (Thanks, Al)

Many critics considered us a 4 win team tops last year and picked us to finish 2nd to last in the Coastal.

That UVa game we should've won but Miami wasnt a "better" team then them last year.... we lost b/c of how extreme our weaknesses were.

Miami was considered justa below average team that overachieved at times.... our defense was WOAT. B/c of that i cant say that Miami was just a hands down better team then UVa b/c we werent.

Miami had more talent than some of the teams they lost to last year, but it was too young. Look at the drop off when we brought in the freshmen this year, even against teams like USF and GT. That was what they were forced to throw out there as starters last year. Just the size and strength differences this year to last are huge, much less the maturity of the players.

Advertisement

why are you lying??? Go back and show me where i said that "i didnt want to discuss Renner or UNC" please find that post for me then i'll go from there.

I dont care about UNC, I dont care about Renner, That was posted by you all of one page ago

To say that in a thread that is specifically meant to discuss Renner, well, then, can't really help you. I'm not lying, nor am I making **** up. If that's not what you meant, fine. If it is, and you forgot what you said, maybe you should go back before you fly off the handle.

In the end, I don't really care about that either. The point was, and always has been, many (not just me) think Renner is a good QB. You do not, and you did not and are still not, backing it up with anything expect that he didn't play well in 2 games this year.

Last edited:

I dont care about UNC, I dont care about Renner, That was posted by you all of one page ago

To say that in a thread that is specifically meant to discuss Renner, well, then, can't really help you. I'm not lying, nor am I making **** up. If that's not what you meant, fine. If it is, and you forgot what you said, maybe you should go back before you fly off the handle.

LOL you are a joke.... what does that have to do w/ anything about not wanting to "discuss" Renner or UNC???

Look at the 2nd comment i highlighted in ur porst above.... you just said the same thing that i said basically, so does that mean you dont want to "discuss" this topic either?

smh

Zone you're more than welcome to your opinion. You look ridiculous when you don't back it up with anything except the fact that you tend to feel a certain way, and then tell other posters they are sucking off Renner because they happen to respect his skills and what he's done over a very productive career. Lastly, as others have pointed out, if you don't want to talk about Renner, a thread about Renner is probably not the best place for you.

Either way, I'm done arguing this with you. You think he sucks, most people don't. Hopefully the Canes make him look like Kirby Freeman on Thursday.

lol what r u talking about.... I'm in a thread discussing Renner. I said he is "average at best" you got offended.

I didnt know the only type of discussion you could have in this thread about Renner was agreeing w/ everyone that he is GOAT. I said he was trash and you jumped the shark, you took that comment to seriously for somebody that isnt a UNC fan.?????

He hasnt done much of anything this year for me to say he is a good QB, if he did then i would say it and move on.... me considering him an average QB has rustled a lot of jimmies in this thread.... when has "average" meant he sucks???

You say I need to explain my position, but when have i not done that in this thread, i said he's average in the pocket, WOAT outside the pocket, then i gave you stats of how he has performed against BCS teams this season.

You dismissed it b/c you want to stick to ur fanatic opinion that Renner is a very good QB which is baseless imo. so since you have no other way of convincing someone who doesnt agree, you only could throw out the "you look ridiculous" comment to save face.

smh

Zone your biggest problem here is not that you are not trying to provide evidence for your arguement, its that you're providing evidence of how bad he is based on a couple bad games he had and then discrediting everyone else when they also have a valid point based on historical evidence and what the player has done over multiple years. The problem is 1. every QB has bad games and 2. history shows that as a whole, his numbers are not bad. Stemo looked like crap against UF and has only looked good against bad teams this year. Are you ready to write him off as a bust now based on 1 bad game against a good defense?

On top of that you are putting words in people's mouth (metaphorically) when they just said he's a good QB. No one is calling him great or a GOAT and you can disagree, but most here would not call a qb with a 61tds vs 23 int and over 60% passing as a game manager or even average, especially when he's been in the top 25 qb ratings the last 2 years. Average QB's are around the 50 or worse rankings (somewhere near the middle of the pack).

And no, I'm really not that worried about him and UNC this year because we have far more weapons than they do. My only concern is if the team gets overconfident and plays down to UNCs level, but I dont think that will happen this year either. Golden seems to be trying to keep them on track.

Last edited:
Advertisement

LOL you are a joke.... what does that have to do w/ anything about not wanting to "discuss" Renner or UNC???

Look at the 2nd comment i highlighted in ur porst above.... you just said the same thing that i said basically, so does that mean you dont want to "discuss" this topic either?

smh

No genius, I said I couldn't care less about what you're saying about Renner. As in I'm not offended by what you say. That's what I couldn't care less about, not Renner himself. I started this topic, so obviously I want to discuss Renner. I'm not saying the same thing as you. Nice try.

ps

what poncho said above. maybe if you won't listen to me, you'll listen to him.

I agree with all that. UM fans are shell shocked. When you start talking about 09 you are moping simply to mope. ****, this UM team ain't nothing like the 2012 team let alone 09, and UNC isn't what it was last year either. Each year that goes by they lose more of the personnel genius's players.

Advertisement
Back