Recruiting Update 4/15/18: Post Spring Game

View as article
Look how many times he was targeted. Youre still talking rankings but ill move on from that. Not trying to argue with anyone. Ive seen what i had to & his peers told me all i needed to hear and this was before i even knew we had no shot at him. As a fan base it would be great if people would stop obsessing with what we dont have & focus on what we do. By the way nephew is 6'4 208 and runs that same 4.5... lol people talk about stats like it explains all. Ok so what you just quoted for ladson you consider worthy of this 5 star unicorn? Nephew had 72 catches 1800 plus yards & 17 tds his sophmore year before he transferred to img... is that a lil more worthy or no cause it wasnt at south dade? And no part of south dade plays the best comp in the country. Feel free to look at their schedule & tell me where you see that. I just looked at it & other than the west was a bunch of suspect teams... thats like saying sunset is a powerhouse... img plays the best comp in the country. Its not an arguement its a fact. No need to qualify ladson by saying that anyhow though.

Did B play in the Moore league before heading to IMG?

Advertisement
Ladson hasn't produced on the field? I was under the impression he has? Tape looks good (to my untrained eye)

I'm not sweating the loss bc I understand you can't get them all and we pulled in a monster WR class last year with Hightower already looking like an animal and ready to contribute early.
He has blah numbers in my eyes but maybe im just too harsh on people. Personally im not impressed. Im not trying to tell other people how to feel though. Have a great day.

The Moore League is the League with Poly in it
Not sure if they were in the same league but he definitely played poly while he was there. Overall i didnt think much of the league they played in. Seemed too soft to me.

Advertisement
Seems like Oaks Christian, La Habra, Westlake, and St. Bonaventura are all in the same league. Since they moved from D5 to D2, the competition level went up.

Look how many times he was targeted. Youre still talking rankings but ill move on from that. Not trying to argue with anyone. Ive seen what i had to & his peers told me all i needed to hear and this was before i even knew we had no shot at him. As a fan base it would be great if people would stop obsessing with what we dont have & focus on what we do. By the way nephew is 6'4 208 and runs that same 4.5... lol people talk about stats like it explains all. Ok so what you just quoted for ladson you consider worthy of this 5 star unicorn? Nephew had 72 catches 1800 plus yards & 17 tds his sophmore year before he transferred to img... is that a lil more worthy or no cause it wasnt at south dade? And no part of south dade plays the best comp in the country. Feel free to look at their schedule & tell me where you see that. I just looked at it & other than the west was a bunch of suspect teams... thats like saying sunset is a powerhouse... img plays the best comp in the country. Its not an arguement its a fact. No need to qualify ladson by saying that anyhow though. From what i remember the best teams in dade are in 6a or somewhat in 4a. But that does change yearly and theres so many districts now that i could be wrong. Im sure macho or one of the guys who stays on top of that could explain better.

Homey, you are going in circles trying to justify your argument. NOBODY in Dade County EVER puts up gaudy receiving numbers like your nephew did. We aren't an area that produces many real passing QBs and we are an area that is more focused on the run. Ladson's yards, receptions and td's were all 2nd in Dade last year which proves my point in that regard. And targets? Dude, you can't be for real. Not only do you have no idea how many times he was targeted, nor do I, that is not even a stat that is tracked in high school. It sure isn't down here.

And 8A is the largest classification in the state and it's still Dade County football. They play Coral Gables, Northwestern, Killian, Southridge, Columbus, Homestead. That is big boy football, you know this.

My point is that you are trying to downplay the kid and his ranking. I for one didnt lose sleep when he committed to Clemson cause we are loaded at WR, but that doesn't mean he is not an elite talent.

Why is everyone freaking out about recruiting? Because Lucas went to the place EVERYONE knew he was going? Cause Ladson went to the place EVERYONE knew he was going?

I mean what about that is making people jump off the cliff already?

Advertisement
Homey, you are going in circles trying to justify your argument. NOBODY in Dade County EVER puts up gaudy receiving numbers like your nephew did. We aren't an area that produces many real passing QBs and we are an area that is more focused on the run. Ladson's yards, receptions and td's were all 2nd in Dade last year which proves my point in that regard. And targets? Dude, you can't be for real. Not only do you have no idea how many times he was targeted, nor do I, that is not even a stat that is tracked in high school. It sure isn't down here.

And 8A is the largest classification in the state and it's still Dade County football. They play Coral Gables, Northwestern, Killian, Southridge, Columbus, Homestead. That is big boy football, you know this.

My point is that you are trying to downplay the kid and his ranking. I for one didnt lose sleep when he committed to Clemson cause we are loaded at WR, but that doesn't mean he is not an elite talent.
We agree to disagree. Your arguement has merit and im not saying its not quality football. It definitely is. Just saying its not elite comp. Far as his targets go only reason i know how often he was thrown to is because the class was very close. We became friends with dj family very early on. I went to several of their games last year. They only threw the ball to ladson and the back. He dropped ALOT of balls. Thats was my issue with him. But as i said its apples and oranges. I know well the areas football and lack of qbs so im not directly comparing stats like those. Just saying were ok with or without him.

We agree to disagree. Your arguement has merit and im not saying its not quality football. It definitely is. Just saying its not elite comp. Far as his targets go only reason i know how often he was thrown to is because the class was very close. We became friends with dj family very early on. I went to several of their games last year. They only threw the ball to ladson and the back. He dropped ALOT of balls. Thats was my issue with him. But as i said its apples and oranges. I know well the areas football and lack of qbs so im not directly comparing stats like those. Just saying were ok with or without him.

Respect. And we do agree at least that we aren't concerned that he chose to go elsewhere.

Next year's WR's at worst look to be;

Jeff Thomas
Mike Harley
Evidence Njkoku
Brian Hightower
Mark Pope
Marquez Ezzard
Daquris Wiggins
Payton (if he sticks)

Advertisement
Well that is an easy question to answer, most kids at this level are ranked on potential, not actual production. For instance, why was Mark Pope ranked so high last year? His stats were straight garbage. 11 catches for 247 yards and 3 TDs in 11 games. 1 catch per game on average. Yet he was a 5 star recruit. He had that ranking strictly based on potential. 6'4 kids like Ladson who run legitimate 4.5's in high school don't grow on trees.

And regarding Ladson, I am not sure what you mean that he hasn't done **** on the field. In his Junior year he accounted for 29 catches, 679 yards and 8 TDS. Statistically he completely outshined Pope on the football field. So, considering he is 6'4, 180, runs a 4.5, still a Junior in high school, and plays against the best high school competition in the country, and in the biggest classification (8A) I would say he is deserving of his ranking.
Where did you get your stats from? Pope had 8 TD’s last year for the Ridge, on top of having a bad QB for Dade County standards. Believe they had a game or two cancelled as well because of the Hurricane that they couldn’t reschedule.

Frank had a pretty good QB last year for Dade standards in Torrey “Scooter” Morrison, who is now at Booker T. Scooter likely a WR on next level but he’s been playing varsity since 8th grade at Keys Gate. 2021 kid.

I agree with the rest though. Frank is still a bit raw but the potential is all there and he was productive last year. Both him and Mark are studs in their own right, different types of WRs.

@Brooklyndee quick question? When you said his peers? Was this when Frank was at Killian or when he got to South Dade? I was told a while back that when he was at Killian he couldn’t even catch a cold, but South Dade really developed him and he got better. I’ve seen Frank play in person so I have to disagree with you my boy, but everyone has different opinions.

Last edited:
Where did you get your stats from? Pope had 8 TD’s last year for the Ridge, on top of having a bad QB for Dade County standards.

Frank had a pretty good QB last year for Dade standards in Torrey “Scooter” Morrison, who is now at Booker T. Scooter likely a WR on next level but he’s been playing varsity since 8th grade at Keys Gate. 2021 kid.

I agree with the rest though. Frank is still a bit raw but the potential is all there and he was productive last year. Both him and Mark are studs in their own right, different types of WRs.

@Brooklyndee quick question? When you said his peers? Was this when Frank was at Killian or when he got to South Dade? I was told a while back that when he was at Killian he couldn’t even catch a cold, but South Dade really developed him and he got better. I’ve seen Frank play in person so I have to disagree with you my boy, but everyone has different opinions.

He had 8 TDs including returns. He had 3 receiving. You can look up his stats, as well as any player form his team or any other Dade or Broward team on the Miami Herald website.

Advertisement
He had 8 TDs including returns. He had 3 receiving. You can look up his stats, as well as any player form his team or any other Dade or Broward team on the Miami Herald website.
I’m always very wary of the stats they put up on the site, because I have found inconsistencies and incorrect stats there in the past. From what I recall, Mark only took 1 kick back last year. Teams were kicking away from him last year.

He had 8 TDs including returns. He had 3 receiving. You can look up his stats, as well as any player form his team or any other Dade or Broward team on the Miami Herald website. And yes, his QB was bad, however, the point is that even with bad stats he was still ranked high. My point was that kids with bad stats or hardly any in high school constantly are ranked high as a lot of these rankings are based on potential. http://rs.herald.com/sportstrac/TeamPage.aspx?ID=124

He had 8 TDs including returns. He had 3 receiving. You can look up his stats, as well as any player form his team or any other Dade or Broward team on the Miami Herald website. And yes, his QB was bad, however, the point is that even with bad stats he was still ranked high. My point was that kids with bad stats or hardly any in high school constantly are ranked high as a lot of these rankings are based on potential. http://rs.herald.com/sportstrac/TeamPage.aspx?ID=124
I’m always very wary of the stats they put up on the site, because I have found inconsistencies and incorrect stats there in the past. From what I recall, Mark only took 1 kick back last year. Teams were kicking away from him last year.
Referring to this post.. there is no way possible Wiggins only caught 3 passes last year and 1 TD. Like I said, those stats are not reliable and not always updated.

The amount of TDs on offense on that sheet don’t even match anywhere close to the amount of points they scored for a whole season. I knew something was funky lol.

Pope had like 3 or 4 special teams returns for TD his junior year and they only have him tracked for one on his profile.

Like I said, it’s not reliable because some teams have more info inputted than others.

Respect. And we do agree at least that we aren't concerned that he chose to go elsewhere.

Next year's WR's at worst look to be;

Jeff Thomas
Mike Harley
Evidence Njkoku
Brian Hightower
Mark Pope
Marquez Ezzard
Daquris Wiggins
Payton (if he sticks)

I know anything can happen from here to signing day, but Payton looks like a lock. Haven’t heard of him taking other visits and I believe he cancelled a visit to UF a few weeks ago.

Advertisement
Back