Recruiting Update 4/15/18: Post Spring Game

View as article
I Crazy part is ...they offered Tecoury Couch who barely weighs 150pds. Davis is a known lil man...but has smooth feet and could be a nickel guy.

Well I guess, technically they've offered neither? Or they "offered" but they had to wait on others.

I think outside of 1 kid every 2, maybe 3 years to play the "Bandy" role, they will stick to the guys that are A LEGIT 5-10 and long or taller. Green and Dixon both look to be bigger than Couch for instance on film.

But I agree, I see some Bandy in J.Davis, at least on tape, but again it's just how many kids you want in that role?

Advertisement
Compared to last year we were locking our top targets around this time, actually starting in February and it was an onslaught for a good 3 months or so
Last year there was no early OV period.
If these dudes couldn't take OVs right now, maybe we'd have a couple more.

It should be a rule to not even slightly freak out about anything with recruiting until a week post Paradise Camp

Wasn't much and a take for us with all that we have lined up at the RB position but Chez Mellusi just committed to Clemson...

Advertisement
Move on from ladson... think lance legget 2.0
Agreed. Everyscouting repot I’ve heard suggests that the guys we already have on the team (Ahmmon, Pope, JT4) where better prospects at the time. I also think Payton is better as he seems much more consistent.

I think Miami will get their guys on OL and DE. Little concerned at DT right now.
How are we still having DT recruiting issues... Seriously at this point just put up a sign anybody 6.1 and 285lbs on bigger. Come on down... open tryouts... lol

Well I guess, technically they've offered neither? Or they "offered" but they had to wait on others.

I think outside of 1 kid every 2, maybe 3 years to play the "Bandy" role, they will stick to the guys that are A LEGIT 5-10 and long or taller. Green and Dixon both look to be bigger than Couch for instance on film.

But I agree, I see some Bandy in J.Davis, at least on tape, but again it's just how many kids you want in that role?
Biggest difference though is STILL about 3 inches and 40 lbs. can’t compare him to Bandy IMO.

Advertisement
Too early to start panicking. Ladson the only one that hurts but at least it's early and it's not a big need anyway. Honestly rather use that second WR spot in the trenches. We need OL and DL talent in a huge way.

I said on NSD that we wouldn't have a Top 10 class this cycle, and got killed for it. Thing is, I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing as long as we hit on our targets particularly at LB, DE, DB and OL.

We'll be okay, but I do question slow playing guys like Jaden Davis. I don't get it.

Agreed except one thing. I’d add Qb to the list of top targets. Hitting on a qb is paramount to win a title

Advertisement
People, it's APRIL!!!

We will 100% be fine. As Geo has said, he and people within the program expect us to land Smith, McIntosh, Huff and Ingraham within the next few months. That's 4 elite dudes. If we can get MJJ to come aboard then the flood gates open. The Haselwood info is awesome and @Brooklyndee talking about us being a major player for Steele makes me happy in pants.

Just be a bit patient people, this class is still gonna have elite dudes all over the place.
MJJ ain’t coming here

Not going to panic until after Paradise Camp. If we don't pull in 2019 recruits after June :unsure:.

We're not the team to go down the stretch in recruiting. Last year's strategy was perfect; get a good majority of your class committed and intact before the season starts. Can't be playing the bag game with those schools up North in Oct-Jan.

Advertisement
Ladson reminds me of Stephen Hill/Tommy Streeter archetype. I want him in this class but I view him as a vertical threat who opens the field for Hightower/Pope/Jordan/Payton who can all make plays at all 3 levels.

I also think Dunmore is a take with his route-running prowess so I don't know what's holding back the staff there.

Too early to start panicking. Ladson the only one that hurts but at least it's early and it's not a big need anyway. Honestly rather use that second WR spot in the trenches. We need OL and DL talent in a huge way.
Im curious and i guess this question goes for everyone. But if we didnt have a rankings system to base things off of. Where all we had was the physical traits of a kid & the plays hes actually made would ANY of yall still be hurt we didnt land ladson?why in all actuality does it matter that we miss on ladson? Simply cause hes fast & tall? Okay thats lance leggett. Does anyone miss him in hindsight? Spiderman.

How are we still having DT recruiting issues... Seriously at this point just put up a sign anybody 6.1 and 285lbs on bigger. Come on down... open tryouts... lol

I was hoping UM 's staff would have offered this manchild bbefore he committed to Tenn. But hey what do I know, don't listen to me.

Advertisement
Back