Recruiting Update 4/15/18: Post Spring Game

View as article
Where did you get your stats from? Pope had 8 TD’s last year for the Ridge, on top of having a bad QB for Dade County standards. Believe they had a game or two cancelled as well because of the Hurricane that they couldn’t reschedule.

Frank had a pretty good QB last year for Dade standards in Torrey “Scooter” Morrison, who is now at Booker T. Scooter likely a WR on next level but he’s been playing varsity since 8th grade at Keys Gate. 2021 kid.

I agree with the rest though. Frank is still a bit raw but the potential is all there and he was productive last year. Both him and Mark are studs in their own right, different types of WRs.

@Brooklyndee quick question? When you said his peers? Was this when Frank was at Killian or when he got to South Dade? I was told a while back that when he was at Killian he couldn’t even catch a cold, but South Dade really developed him and he got better. I’ve seen Frank play in person so I have to disagree with you my boy, but everyone has different opinions.
Peers from south dade. Like i said no pressure. Simply a difference of opinion brother.

Advertisement
Referring to this post.. there is no way possible Wiggins only caught 3 passes last year and 1 TD. Like I said, those stats are not reliable and not always updated.

The amount of TDs on offense on that sheet don’t even match anywhere close to the amount of points they scored for a whole season. I knew something was funky lol.

Pope had like 3 or 4 special teams returns for TD his junior year and they only have him tracked for one on his profile.

Like I said, it’s not reliable because some teams have more info inputted than others.
I use to conversate with someone who worked with the herald. The reason for those inconsistencies is because they only update them based upon the coach calling them in to report stats. Not too reliable if you ask me. Regardless like i said many times recruit rankings are simply for the fans. Its a dirty corrupt *** backwards industry.

Per Ivins:

- After a talk with Manny, Jesiah Pierre is expected to stick by his pledge with Miami. Florida will focus on Hopper. Bueno.

-He's getting closer to put a CB in favor of Miami about Avery Huff: he's visiting saturday and a commitment isn't out of the question. Bueno.

-Manny Diaz loves Jahmar Brown and he's apparently a take. Bueno.

-Jaden Davis and Couch are BOTH a take for Miami and they will recruit them. Couch never tried to commit to Miami.

-He likes both his CBs about Tarquin and Keontra Smith to Miami

Advertisement
Per Ivins:

- After a talk with Manny, Jesiah Pierre is expected to stick by his pledge with Miami. Florida will focus on Hopper. Bueno.

-He's getting closer to put a CB in favor of Miami about Avery Huff: he's visiting saturday and a commitment isn't out of the question. Bueno.

-Jaden Davis and Couch are BOTH a take for Miami and they will recruit them. Couch never tried to commit to Miami.

LOL - basically just shut down all the rumors/leaks going to Geo.

Per Ivins:

Just seen this. Look like somebody got fed some bs info. I knew they couldn't be recruiting davis that hard and him not be a take. And i guess they are taking 5 LBs.

Just seen this. Look like somebody got fed some bs info. I knew they couldn't be recruiting davis that hard and him not be a take. And i guess they are taking 5 LBs.
Would love for Huff to pop this weekend. I'm still all for bringing in Davis, could care less about Couch. Brown to me is a wait and see but I bet he ends up at South Carolina. I believe Tarquin is on campus too, would love for him to pop as well and replace Cunningham.

Per Ivins:

-i

Wouldn't call that Bueno...I don't mind Pierre. Nice Mike prospect for this class...But that Hopper kid's tape is nasty. Hopper > Pierre but oh well.

Advertisement
Would love for Huff to pop this weekend. I'm still all for bringing in Davis, could care less about Couch. Brown to me is a wait and see but I bet he ends up at South Carolina. I believe Tarquin is on campus too, would love for him to pop as well and replace Cunningham.
Brown might be a take. Ivins said they thought others might be ahead of him on the board but that's not the case.

Per Ivins:

Ivins puts in work and is usuallt very accurate. Todo muy bueno.

Wouldn't call that Bueno...I don't mind Pierre. Nice Mike prospect for this class...But that Hopper kid's tape is nasty. Hopper > Pierre but oh well.
No telling if/when Hopper will be a MIKE. He looks more fit for the outside to me. Pierre is already a much more polished ILB and we lack that right now so I think he's much higher on our board than many think.

I'd like to see Pierre more dominant on his film being how bad the comp he is playing is...Again I don't mind him in this class though.

Advertisement
Per Ivins:

This whole line is false. He did try to commit and Miami didn't want either one of them currently

Wouldn't the staff considering Davis and Couch both as takes be a big departure from how they've recruited the position? We know the type of corners they like to recruit. Tall, long, fast, and physical.

I trust Ivins reporting. But I'm skeptical his source(s) are being completely honest with him about those two.

Advertisement
1524171006548.gif

Don’t know what to believe

Per Ivins:

This whole line is false. He did try to commit and Miami didn't want either one of them currently

And how do you know this?

Ivins is as reliable as it gets when it comes to reporting recruiting news.

He was the only one who was 100% accurate on the AH guys and all the other drama last cycle

Per Ivins:

Source?

Also per Ivins, Avantae Williams is solid.

We offered Joey Porter Jr (3 star CB), the top prospect out of Pennsylvania

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back