Recruiting Update 4/15/18: Post Spring Game

Advertisement
@skeeter @TaylorCaneOrDie @Cane from Italy
@252cane @Cuban-Cane @TheRichtShow
I’m gonna say this for the last time. Tecory Couch and Jaden Davis are not takes for Miami at this time. There’s tons of kids Miami recruits, doesn’t mean they are all takes. They did not accept Tecory commitment. Idk who Ivins spoke to but my source is directly from their coach who has been with these kids every week.

Not trying to discredit Andrew or anything like that. I’m telling you what their coach told me, he’s with these kids all the time.

UF is not making Jaden Davis a priority either from two sources I spoke to as well last week. That is why I moved my prediction off of UF to Oklahoma for him for the time being.

Advertisement
The staff literally just did this.

This ol' "if he fits what the staff wants then that's all I care about" narrative is so weak. Please stop with this loser mentality. How many past teams ranked outside of the top 10 in recruiting annually have won a National Championship? There's only one and that team plays in the ACC--Clemson.
How is this a loser mentality? A 6'1" corner with speed should end up better than a 5'9" cb once coached up...no matter what their ranking is out of hs.

Let other teams recuit by stars. If the staff starts recuiting body types, speed and mentality I believe we win. Now if we're missing on those guys the staff wants that's not good, but to recruit ranked kids for the sake of their ranking is not good either. We both want the best players...I just don't believe thats always the guy with the most stars.

Advertisement
How is this a loser mentality? A 6'1" corner with speed should end up better than a 5'9" cb once coached up...no matter what their ranking is out of hs.

Let other teams recuit by stars. If the staff starts recuiting body types, speed and mentality I believe we win. Now if we're missing on those guys the staff wants that's not good, but to recruit ranked kids for the sake of their ranking is not good either. We both want the best players...I just don't believe thats always the guy with the most stars.

We lost Smith and Sherwood because we chased stars.

I use to conversate with someone who worked with the herald. The reason for those inconsistencies is because they only update them based upon the coach calling them in to report stats. Not too reliable if you ask me. Regardless like i said many times recruit rankings are simply for the fans. Its a dirty corrupt *** backwards industry.

When I was in college I complied statistics for all 3 major sports in the SA area. I can confirm stats were gathered either from the local beat writer at the game or from coaches returning your phone call by Sunday night with team stats. Many coaches would not return phone calls.

We lost Smith and Sherwood because we chased stars.
Not the same. In this case the prototypical body's were the stars. I'm assuming your talking about Campbell and Sustain.

I'm talking about 6'6" long, quick DE in 3* Rousseau. Or maybe a fast 6'2" 3* LB in Sam Brooks. As mentioned before Frierson and Ivey would be good examples. These guys wouldn't get us a top 10 class but I'll take them all day over SOME higher ranked guys.

Because its basically accepting that we'll be fine hovering around the top 5 hoping to be in contention, when history says otherwise, instead of actually being in the top 5. You're not contending with annual outside-top 5 classes unless you hit on a QB and or have an elite OC/DC.

The fact that you're saying "Let other teams recruit by stars" shows where your mindset is. I'm not a star who*e but I would rather follow the trend, NC teams have averaged over 50% blue chip ratio, than to be hoping that the staff only obtains the best players that fit the system.

"We both want the best players...I just don't believe thats always the guy with the most stars" Go back and look at how many 5* were the best players in CFB and in the NFL from 2010-2015.

Advertisement
When I was in college I complied statistics for all 3 major sports in the SA area. I can confirm stats were gathered either from the local beat writer at the game or from coaches returning your phone call by Sunday night with team stats. Many coaches would not return phone calls.

And the stats the coaches get are often compiled by helpers on the sidelines.

Because its basically accepting that we'll be fine hovering around the top 5 hoping to be in contention, when history says otherwise, instead of actually being in the top 5. You're not contending with annual outside-top 5 classes unless you hit on a QB and or have an elite OC/DC.

The fact that you're saying "Let other teams recruit by stars" shows where your mindset is. I'm not a star who*e but I would rather follow the trend, NC teams have averaged over 50% blue chip ratio, than to be hoping that the staff only obtains the best players that fit the system.

"We both want the best players...I just don't believe thats always the guy with the most stars" Go back and look at how many 5* were the best players in CFB and in the NFL from 2010-2015.

This is absolute horse shi*. Miami NEVER won recruiting rankings. Yet it dominated college football for several years. Anyone that thinks theres any difference between 5 and 7 is a brain dead clown. lol.

Advertisement
How long ago was that?

How is that relevant? Miami has NEVER needed to finish in the top 5 or even top 7. Do you hear yourself? You literally think 2 spots in some random star ***** recruiting ranking list is gonna determine whether a team can win titles??

I'd agree with you if we're talking only about 5*. You don't get 5* without a prototypical body for your position. There are some that didn't get those stars for whatever reason, small school, injury, exposure, whatever. Staffs done a good job finding them so far.

How is that relevant? Miami has NEVER needed to finish in the top 5 or even top 7. Do you hear yourself? You literally think 2 spots in some random star ***** recruiting ranking list is gonna determine whether a team can win titles??
Its relevant because you said "Miami NEVER won recruiting rankings. Yet it dominated college football for several years". We are in totally different era. You're saying we never needed to finish top 5 like we've been in contention recently. And its not my thinking, its a fact.

https://www.sbnation.com/a/cfb-preview-2017/blue-chip-ratio

Advertisement
Back