Recruiting Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is literally NOTHING I can say without being ridiculed. LOL

Guy asks me a question about schools that I PERSONALLY like for Lo and I get bashed. LMAO

Probably getting bashed because you are posting on a UM board as a UM fan about a kid that UM wants, and you're waxing poetic about Texas, Auburn, Clemson and others to be determined. Just a guess though on why UM fans might be a bit peeved.

Hang in there though. The monocle and top hat crew will rush in soon to tell you how virtuous you are for pushing schools other than UM.

There should be only one....UM. Degree, check....RBs to the league, check....Coach who develops RBs, check...the rest is overthinking mental *********ory pretense.

Advertisement

Guy asks me a question about schools that I PERSONALLY like for Lo and I get bashed. LMAO
Guy just is mad because you got info and he doesn't. Don't worry about it he's a tool

I'm very happy that people take the time to mentor kids. I wish more people would do it. Perhaps, Travonte Valentine wouldn't be where he is today if he had better mentors. Hopefully, it will work out for Lingard.

LOL@Information anger. What exactly has this guy brought to the board about this kid that isn't already out there? The kid is a five star recruit who has offers from every school and he likes the Canes. Those are huge news scoops. I can't wait for the next update with cryptic information mixed in with double talk and denials of things the guy clearly posted.

I guess it's a good time to hit you with my annual rant about being disturbed about reactions on a message board. This is a Miami message board for FANATICS. We are the fringe of our fan base. It's Saturday morning and I'm on a message board talking about the Canes chances on a 17 year old kid for NEXT recruiting cycle. It stands to reason that 1. We are very territorial 2. We wouldn't exactly be pleased when a Cane fan (one of "us") has the ear of a blue chip player and is presenting our beloved program as AN option and not THE option. The best advise I can give you and Lo is to remember that fans care about their program. They will care about Lo IF it benefits their school, otherwise it's gtfo. That's not just us, that's everywhere. Look how the Gator fans treated Blades after he decommitted.

TL;DR - most here will be ****ed if this kid doesn't go to Miami with a fan as his advisor.

Just hope and pray for more Duke Johnson's and DeeJay Dallases and Gilbert Friersons, really. Players from Louisiana go to l$u, period. They've got crazy loyalty to their hometown team. They see the big picture.
Exactly a elite player in Alabama goes to either Bama or Auburn. Same with Texas (A&M, Tech,Houston are all secondary choices ) and USC with Cali. Tennessee ect.... Meanwhile SFLA kids can't wait to rep Gator orange and blue or Bama Crimson, Florida state Garnett and gold. Like it's crazy.

Look no farther than this thread. We finally have a 5 star who called himself a big UM fan last year and an adviser to that 5 star, who is a UM fan and reps the orange and green like crazy.

Should be a total layup for the good guys right? Nope. The UM fan advising the 5 star UM fan is now extolling the virtues of Texas, Auburn and Clemson and is busy suggesting other alternatives to UM. When the adults, who claim to be diehard UM fans, aren't even pushing UM, then how can you expect kids to build any love for UM. This is the kind of fck **** you would never see where people rep their program hard like Alabaga and the other places you mentioned.

At least we have a UM warrior like Mike Irving. What did Mike say when his kid was being recruited? Mike Jr. can go wherever he wants to college as long as it's UM. Then, he went out there and snatched up Harley by the ear and got him in line and on board with UM. We need more ambassadors like Mike Irving.
Preach.

This.

This right here [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION] is the issue. You don't see kids from Ohio State who have people they trust advising him going to any other school. Same for Michigan or Alabama. LSU gets their players and everyone in the community helps to make that happen. Here at Miami? we don't have that! I follow Lingard on ig and I see you liking his posts.I follow u as well and I see you decked out in Canes gear and even have pics of the great Sean Taylor. I imagine if any of us were in your shoes and had the ability to help a kid out, then why would you even present him with any other options? Miami has:

-top notch education
-A great coach ( spiritual and still beloved by his players and community in GA)
- A storied program that transformed college football... Basically made people pay attention to the inner city
- Is starting to rise again
- To this days players from the U produce at the NFL more than most programs
- IT's his own TOWN!!

So why are we not like Alabaga or Texas or these programs whose community is behind their kid so they can choose the program? This is the biggest issue we have because any of us who bleed Orange and Green who want to #MakeMiamiGreatAgain would take the Irving approach. So basically who do you want to be? Just another guy who will advise this kid and let him go to another place, or will you be an ambassador to the program advise Lingard to be the next Duke or DEEJAY and set Miami back on track to glory and at the same time having a coach who has produced STUD RBS and a program they call Running back U?

Bring Lingard home... You unlike us have influence to actually turn this around . We can't complain if we keep missing out on kids if our own diehard fans are not helping ala OSU, UT,AU ect to stay in our own backyard!

Regardless of what some may think, not every recruit & family want money. He's a good kid that keeps to himself.

He has a good family & support system in place that will help him make the best possible decision for his future.

If you legitimately are a handler you're pretty strange bud... I've known alot of handlers in my days & even more now. Two things keep all of them simple. #1 once they get the kids offers up there job is done. All they are is a middle man between assistant coaches & kids & parents. There purpose is to feed all of their footage to any school the kid may have interest in or if he's chasing offers to get his stars up simply to mass feed it to everyone. Once they get those offers theirs nothing else for you to do as the assistant coach talks with the parents & the kids through the parents until they are old enough to talk direct. #2 the only other factor with them is they ALL HAVE AN AGENDA... what's yours [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION]?

For the record, Tweed is no "handler".

He is a normal person, just like us, he has a very good day job and he doesn't need to grub a few dollars from someone less fortunate.

He has a kid who is an excellent athlete, and he happens to have coached football at the pre-high school level. Tweed has been telling anyone willing to listen about how good Lingard was going to be for 5 or 6 years now.

Sorry, but there aren't that many "insiders" here or anywhere else who have been as accurate with predictions as Tweed has been.

And there might be a lot of cynics on this board, but not every Rivals 100 kid is a duffel bags battle.
Serious question: In recruiting parlance, what's the difference between a non-relative "handler" and a non-relative "adviser," who has made it clear that he will play a very important role in a recruit's decision and has gone as far to use the term "we" on this board when discussing Lingard's decision, as in "we will make a decision"?

Sir, you know I have great love and respect for you. And I know you have strong feelings post-McFarland. But you are misguided here. Let this one play out. Miami leads for Lingard because of Thomas Brown (and, yes, I know we've heard that one once before), not because any family friends are pushing for Miami.

All of the advantages that you cite (depth chart, coaching staff, location, history of RB development, history of winning) are well known and do not require any other adults to reinforce those notions. Plus, there won't be any Maryland coaches showing up at an Orange City diner to guilt-trip Lingard into hanging out with the local turkeys instead of soaring with the eagles.

Look, I hate that we have a long list of former recruits who made the wrong choice. But we did everything right with McFarland for over a year, we put him in touch with Ray Lewis and Clinton Portis (who are up there with "Mike Irving" for being UM fans), and it was still undone by one diner-based guilt trip.

Don't worry about Lingard so much. He's not going to UCF.

Advertisement
Regardless of what some may think, not every recruit & family want money. He's a good kid that keeps to himself.

He has a good family & support system in place that will help him make the best possible decision for his future.

If you legitimately are a handler you're pretty strange bud... I've known alot of handlers in my days & even more now. Two things keep all of them simple. #1 once they get the kids offers up there job is done. All they are is a middle man between assistant coaches & kids & parents. There purpose is to feed all of their footage to any school the kid may have interest in or if he's chasing offers to get his stars up simply to mass feed it to everyone. Once they get those offers theirs nothing else for you to do as the assistant coach talks with the parents & the kids through the parents until they are old enough to talk direct. #2 the only other factor with them is they ALL HAVE AN AGENDA... what's yours [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION]?

He is a normal person, just like us, he has a very good day job and he doesn't need to grub a few dollars from someone less fortunate.

He has a kid who is an excellent athlete, and he happens to have coached football at the pre-high school level. Tweed has been telling anyone willing to listen about how good Lingard was going to be for 5 or 6 years now.

Sorry, but there aren't that many "insiders" here or anywhere else who have been as accurate with predictions as Tweed has been.

And there might be a lot of cynics on this board, but not every Rivals 100 kid is a duffel bags battle.

white-knight.jpeg

Just hope and pray for more Duke Johnson's and DeeJay Dallases and Gilbert Friersons, really. Players from Louisiana go to l$u, period. They've got crazy loyalty to their hometown team. They see the big picture.
Exactly a elite player in Alabama goes to either Bama or Auburn. Same with Texas (A&M, Tech,Houston are all secondary choices ) and USC with Cali. Tennessee ect.... Meanwhile SFLA kids can't wait to rep Gator orange and blue or Bama Crimson, Florida state Garnett and gold. Like it's crazy.

Look no farther than this thread. We finally have a 5 star who called himself a big UM fan last year and an adviser to that 5 star, who is a UM fan and reps the orange and green like crazy.

Should be a total layup for the good guys right? Nope. The UM fan advising the 5 star UM fan is now extolling the virtues of Texas, Auburn and Clemson and is busy suggesting other alternatives to UM. When the adults, who claim to be diehard UM fans, aren't even pushing UM, then how can you expect kids to build any love for UM. This is the kind of fck **** you would never see where people rep their program hard like Alabaga and the other places you mentioned.

At least we have a UM warrior like Mike Irving. What did Mike say when his kid was being recruited? Mike Jr. can go wherever he wants to college as long as it's UM. Then, he went out there and snatched up Harley by the ear and got him in line and on board with UM. We need more ambassadors like Mike Irving.
Preach.

This.

This right here [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION] is the issue. You don't see kids from Ohio State who have people they trust advising him going to any other school. Same for Michigan or Alabama. LSU gets their players and everyone in the community helps to make that happen. Here at Miami? we don't have that! I follow Lingard on ig and I see you liking his posts.I follow u as well and I see you decked out in Canes gear and even have pics of the great Sean Taylor. I imagine if any of us were in your shoes and had the ability to help a kid out, then why would you even present him with any other options? Miami has:

-top notch education
-A great coach ( spiritual and still beloved by his players and community in GA)
- A storied program that transformed college football... Basically made people pay attention to the inner city
- IT's his own TOWN!!

So why are we not like Alabaga or Texas or these programs whose community is behind their kid so they can choose the program? This is the biggest issue we have because any of us who bleed Orange and Green who want to #MakeMiamiGreatAgain would take the Irving approach. So basically who do you want to be? Just another guy who will advise this kid and let him go to another place, or will you be an ambassador to the program advise Lingard to be the next Duke or DEEJAY and set Miami back on track to glory and at the same time having a coach who has produced STUD RBS and a program they call Running back U?

Bring Lingard home... You unlike us have influence to actually turn this around . We can't complain if we keep missing out on kids if our own diehard fans are not helping ala OSU, UT,AU ect to stay in our own backyard!

That was a thing of beauty, Coach Massimeno.

Dallascane says hello from RCT and has a $500 bet on debating you on any topic.

but make sure to tell him Derek Dohrman sent you

/Tweed/

Advertisement

Dallascane says hello from RCT and has a $500 bet on debating you on any topic.

but make sure to tell him Derek Dohrman sent you

/Tweed/

LOL

If you have Lo's best interest at stake, [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION], what about Clemson's offense do you like for a RB???

They don't seem to be putting RB's in the league very frequently!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Preach.

This.

-top notch education
- IT's his own TOWN!!

Well said, my friend! UPVOTE

Advertisement

Serious question: In recruiting parlance, what's the difference between a non-relative "handler" and a non-relative "adviser," who has made it clear that he will play a very important role in a recruit's decision and has gone as far to use the term "we" on this board when discussing Lingard's decision, as in "we will make a decision"?

Sir, you know I have great love and respect for you. And I know you have strong feelings post-McFarland. But you are misguided here. Let this one play out. Miami leads for Lingard because of Thomas Brown (and, yes, I know we've heard that one once before), not because any family friends are pushing for Miami.

All of the advantages that you cite (depth chart, coaching staff, location, history of RB development, history of winning) are well known and do not require any other adults to reinforce those notions. Plus, there won't be any Maryland coaches showing up at an Orange City diner to guilt-trip Lingard into hanging out with the local turkeys instead of soaring with the eagles.

Look, I hate that we have a long list of former recruits who made the wrong choice. But we did everything right with McFarland for over a year, we put him in touch with Ray Lewis and Clinton Portis (who are up there with "Mike Irving" for being UM fans), and it was still undone by one diner-based guilt trip.

[MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION], forget about the mat drill with the Turk. You might get lucky from this guy, sir.

[MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION], forget about the mat drill with the Turk. You might get lucky from this guy, sir.

You're one to talk after what you did to Big Chet this morning................Even Stumpy is gun-shy now.

Charlie Brown got called out and he's threatening to leave. LOL

Oldest trick in the book. "Franchise is a dyck, so I'm going to punish the rest of you guys by no longer telling you that I'm waxing poetic to Lo about the virtues of Texas (because my kid is connected to former stars there), Auburn (because I want to take care of my brother in law), Clemson (because I like their offense and they are talking to Lo's cousin Coleman) and whatever other program pops up that I suddenly like. You guys should turn on the Living Legend because he's going to prevent you from hearing about me waving my dyck in UM's face over a kid I'm advising."

Haven't seen this divide and conquer nonsense before.

[MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION] that's the one thing I'd have to say. With the situation being how it is & you simply wanting what's best for him be careful how you state things (not for these people here,but u & his relationship) u stated you just want to see him do what's best for him. Then you listed several schools youre telling him,all with reasons personal to you & why you like them. With my nephew I'll talk with him about whatever he asks me about. We do research together Wether it's about programs,coaches,playbooks,depth charts etc. Obviously he knows my personal thoughts & why I want him at um but I want him to come to that decision or whatever other on his own.

Advertisement
Encouraging the kid to see the world and check out other schools is one thing - pushing loosely based, yet strong, personal agendas is another. The fact that UM is in the running for only "proximity and education" is amusing. Can't make this stuff up.

Seems like this kid is a supreme long shot in my opinion. Sure looks like he has lots of people around him pushing him away from Coral Gables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back