Recruiting Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie Brown got called out and he's threatening to leave. LOL

Oldest trick in the book. "Franchise is a dyck, so I'm going to punish the rest of you guys by no longer telling you that I'm waxing poetic to Lo about the virtues of Texas (because my kid is connected to former stars there), Auburn (because I want to take care of my brother in law), Clemson (because I like their offense and they are talking to Lo's cousin Coleman) and whatever other program pops up that I suddenly like. You guys should turn on the Living Legend because he's going to prevent you from hearing about me waving my dyck in UM's face over a kid I'm advising."

Haven't seen this divide and conquer nonsense before.

Advertisement
Just hope and pray for more Duke Johnson's and DeeJay Dallases and Gilbert Friersons, really. Players from Louisiana go to l$u, period. They've got crazy loyalty to their hometown team. They see the big picture.
Exactly a elite player in Alabama goes to either Bama or Auburn. Same with Texas (A&M, Tech,Houston are all secondary choices ) and USC with Cali. Tennessee ect.... Meanwhile SFLA kids can't wait to rep Gator orange and blue or Bama Crimson, Florida state Garnett and gold. Like it's crazy.

Look no farther than this thread. We finally have a 5 star who called himself a big UM fan last year and an adviser to that 5 star, who is a UM fan and reps the orange and green like crazy.

Should be a total layup for the good guys right? Nope. The UM fan advising the 5 star UM fan is now extolling the virtues of Texas, Auburn and Clemson and is busy suggesting other alternatives to UM. When the adults, who claim to be diehard UM fans, aren't even pushing UM, then how can you expect kids to build any love for UM. This is the kind of fck **** you would never see where people rep their program hard like Alabaga and the other places you mentioned.

At least we have a UM warrior like Mike Irving. What did Mike say when his kid was being recruited? Mike Jr. can go wherever he wants to college as long as it's UM. Then, he went out there and snatched up Harley by the ear and got him in line and on board with UM. We need more ambassadors like Mike Irving.
Preach.

Charlie Brown got called out and he's threatening to leave. LOL

Oldest trick in the book. "Franchise is a dyck, so I'm going to punish the rest of you guys by no longer telling you that I'm waxing poetic to Lo about the virtues of Texas (because my kid is connected to former stars there), Auburn (because I want to take care of my brother in law), Clemson (because I like their offense and they are talking to Lo's cousin Coleman) and whatever other program pops up that I suddenly like. You guys should turn on the Living Legend because he's going to prevent you from hearing about me waving my dyck in UM's face over a kid I'm advising."

Haven't seen this divide and conquer nonsense before.

This kid isn't coming here. That's all I needed to hear from Tweed about all of these other schools. These types of recruitments never work out for UM.

Staff needs to be recruiting multiple RB's until the end so they don't get caught with their dîcks in their hands again like they did with Anthony McTwerpland.

Last edited:
Regardless of what some may think, not every recruit & family want money. He's a good kid that keeps to himself.

He has a good family & support system in place that will help him make the best possible decision for his future.

If you legitimately are a handler you're pretty strange bud... I've known alot of handlers in my days & even more now. Two things keep all of them simple. #1 once they get the kids offers up there job is done. All they are is a middle man between assistant coaches & kids & parents. There purpose is to feed all of their footage to any school the kid may have interest in or if he's chasing offers to get his stars up simply to mass feed it to everyone. Once they get those offers theirs nothing else for you to do as the assistant coach talks with the parents & the kids through the parents until they are old enough to talk direct. #2 the only other factor with them is they ALL HAVE AN AGENDA... what's yours [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION]?

For the record, Tweed is no "handler".

He is a normal person, just like us, he has a very good day job and he doesn't need to grub a few dollars from someone less fortunate.

He has a kid who is an excellent athlete, and he happens to have coached football at the pre-high school level. Tweed has been telling anyone willing to listen about how good Lingard was going to be for 5 or 6 years now.

Sorry, but there aren't that many "insiders" here or anywhere else who have been as accurate with predictions as Tweed has been.

And there might be a lot of cynics on this board, but not every Rivals 100 kid is a duffel bags battle.

Dallascane says hello from RCT and has a $500 bet on debating you on any topic.

Advertisement
Let's hope we don't get play-by-play updates on this dude's recruitment. Who the **** wants to be "in" on that type of escapade?

Hopefully he plays for UM. I doubt it, though. Like many high profile Florida recruits, I believe our chances of landing him are extremely low. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if FSU has a better shot of landing him than us.

Just hope and pray for more Duke Johnson's and DeeJay Dallases and Gilbert Friersons, really. Players from Louisiana go to l$u, period. They've got crazy loyalty to their hometown team. They see the big picture.
Exactly a elite player in Alabama goes to either Bama or Auburn. Same with Texas (A&M, Tech,Houston are all secondary choices ) and USC with Cali. Tennessee ect.... Meanwhile SFLA kids can't wait to rep Gator orange and blue or Bama Crimson, Florida state Garnett and gold. Like it's crazy.

Look no farther than this thread. We finally have a 5 star who called himself a big UM fan last year and an adviser to that 5 star, who is a UM fan and reps the orange and green like crazy.

Should be a total layup for the good guys right? Nope. The UM fan advising the 5 star UM fan is now extolling the virtues of Texas, Auburn and Clemson and is busy suggesting other alternatives to UM. When the adults, who claim to be diehard UM fans, aren't even pushing UM, then how can you expect kids to build any love for UM. This is the kind of fck **** you would never see where people rep their program hard like Alabaga and the other places you mentioned.

At least we have a UM warrior like Mike Irving. What did Mike say when his kid was being recruited? Mike Jr. can go wherever he wants to college as long as it's UM. Then, he went out there and snatched up Harley by the ear and got him in line and on board with UM. We need more ambassadors like Mike Irving.

Very, very disrespectful. That UM fan DMed you because you go way back and you are questioning him. Sad!

BTW, you claimed to be done with this and you are still asking for updates.

You misunderstood, sir. I didn't say I was done with this. I said I was done with this issue.

Advertisement
There is literally NOTHING I can say without being ridiculed. LOL

Guy asks me a question about schools that I PERSONALLY like for Lo and I get bashed. LMAO

Guy asks me a question about schools that I PERSONALLY like for Lo and I get bashed. LMAO

Toss a percentage up against the wall?

Advertisement

Guy just is mad because you got info and he doesn't. Don't worry about it he's a tool

What's the latest on Lingard?

Tweed likes Texas because of God parents that are legends there, Auburn bc his brother in law is on the coaching staff, Clemson for scheme, and of course, UM. Read it as you want.

Advertisement
Regardless of what some may think, not every recruit & family want money. He's a good kid that keeps to himself.

He has a good family & support system in place that will help him make the best possible decision for his future.

If you legitimately are a handler you're pretty strange bud... I've known alot of handlers in my days & even more now. Two things keep all of them simple. #1 once they get the kids offers up there job is done. All they are is a middle man between assistant coaches & kids & parents. There purpose is to feed all of their footage to any school the kid may have interest in or if he's chasing offers to get his stars up simply to mass feed it to everyone. Once they get those offers theirs nothing else for you to do as the assistant coach talks with the parents & the kids through the parents until they are old enough to talk direct. #2 the only other factor with them is they ALL HAVE AN AGENDA... what's yours [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION]?

For the record, Tweed is no "handler".

He is a normal person, just like us, he has a very good day job and he doesn't need to grub a few dollars from someone less fortunate.

He has a kid who is an excellent athlete, and he happens to have coached football at the pre-high school level. Tweed has been telling anyone willing to listen about how good Lingard was going to be for 5 or 6 years now.

Sorry, but there aren't that many "insiders" here or anywhere else who have been as accurate with predictions as Tweed has been.

And there might be a lot of cynics on this board, but not every Rivals 100 kid is a duffel bags battle.
Serious question: In recruiting parlance, what's the difference between a non-relative "handler" and a non-relative "adviser," who has made it clear that he will play a very important role in a recruit's decision and has gone as far to use the term "we" on this board when discussing Lingard's decision, as in "we will make a decision"?

I'm on the outside looking in so don't mind me, but why would there be any other school but UM.

He's an elite talent at a position of need. Probably start from day one and have a real shot at being in the top 3 rushing leaders in UM or even ACC history if he stays 3-4 all while staying home and playing in front of his friends and family and for his favorite school. On top of that he gets an education from an excellent university and then goes on to be a first round pick. I don't see how there could be a better situation for him. I can understand while people don't get it.

Probably getting bashed because you are posting on a UM board as a UM fan about a kid that UM wants, and you're waxing poetic about Texas, Auburn, Clemson and others to be determined. Just a guess though on why UM fans might be a bit peeved.

Hang in there though. The monocle and top hat crew will rush in soon to tell you how virtuous you are for pushing schools other than UM.

Great education, good coach that appears to be a decent human being, great location, and a program that is clearly on the rise. Why would he even consider going anywhere else? Why would you consider anywhere else? I don't know you or him so I'm not trying to bash either but this doesn't make since. He's a fan, you're a fan, so wtf is the problem? Get this kid here. The only thing I can comprehend is that he wants a major UM doesn't offer. Just seems off too me but what the **** do I know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back