Recruiting Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
:braveheart2:Why in the world does Lingard need a freaking handler just let the kid deal with it on his own. Let the family get involved. These **** handlers should be outlawed.

A handler saying he's doing what's best for the kid, definitely not a Cane fan.

-Canes-

Advertisement
Just hope and pray for more Duke Johnson's and DeeJay Dallases and Gilbert Friersons, really. Players from Louisiana go to l$u, period. They've got crazy loyalty to their hometown team. They see the big picture.
Exactly a elite player in Alabama goes to either Bama or Auburn. Same with Texas (A&M, Tech,Houston are all secondary choices ) and USC with Cali. Tennessee ect.... Meanwhile SFLA kids can't wait to rep Gator orange and blue or Bama Crimson, Florida state Garnett and gold. Like it's crazy.

Look no farther than this thread. We finally have a 5 star who called himself a big UM fan last year and an adviser to that 5 star, who is a UM fan and reps the orange and green like crazy.

Should be a total layup for the good guys right? Nope. The UM fan advising the 5 star UM fan is now extolling the virtues of Texas, Auburn and Clemson and is busy suggesting other alternatives to UM. When the adults, who claim to be diehard UM fans, aren't even pushing UM, then how can you expect kids to build any love for UM. This is the kind of fck **** you would never see where people rep their program hard like Alabaga and the other places you mentioned.

At least we have a UM warrior like Mike Irving. What did Mike say when his kid was being recruited? Mike Jr. can go wherever he wants to college as long as it's UM. Then, he went out there and snatched up Harley by the ear and got him in line and on board with UM. We need more ambassadors like Mike Irving.
Preach.

This.

This right here [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION] is the issue. You don't see kids from Ohio State who have people they trust advising him going to any other school. Same for Michigan or Alabama. LSU gets their players and everyone in the community helps to make that happen. Here at Miami? we don't have that! I follow Lingard on ig and I see you liking his posts.I follow u as well and I see you decked out in Canes gear and even have pics of the great Sean Taylor. I imagine if any of us were in your shoes and had the ability to help a kid out, then why would you even present him with any other options? Miami has:

-top notch education
-A great coach ( spiritual and still beloved by his players and community in GA)
- A storied program that transformed college football... Basically made people pay attention to the inner city
- Is starting to rise again
- To this days players from the U produce at the NFL more than most programs
- IT's his own TOWN!!

So why are we not like Alabaga or Texas or these programs whose community is behind their kid so they can choose the program? This is the biggest issue we have because any of us who bleed Orange and Green who want to #MakeMiamiGreatAgain would take the Irving approach. So basically who do you want to be? Just another guy who will advise this kid and let him go to another place, or will you be an ambassador to the program advise Lingard to be the next Duke or DEEJAY and set Miami back on track to glory and at the same time having a coach who has produced STUD RBS and a program they call Running back U?

Bring Lingard home... You unlike us have influence to actually turn this around . We can't complain if we keep missing out on kids if our own diehard fans are not helping ala OSU, UT,AU ect to stay in our own backyard!

Dagger.

Exactly a elite player in Alabama goes to either Bama or Auburn. Same with Texas (A&M, Tech,Houston are all secondary choices ) and USC with Cali. Tennessee ect.... Meanwhile SFLA kids can't wait to rep Gator orange and blue or Bama Crimson, Florida state Garnett and gold. Like it's crazy.

Look no farther than this thread. We finally have a 5 star who called himself a big UM fan last year and an adviser to that 5 star, who is a UM fan and reps the orange and green like crazy.

Should be a total layup for the good guys right? Nope. The UM fan advising the 5 star UM fan is now extolling the virtues of Texas, Auburn and Clemson and is busy suggesting other alternatives to UM. When the adults, who claim to be diehard UM fans, aren't even pushing UM, then how can you expect kids to build any love for UM. This is the kind of fck **** you would never see where people rep their program hard like Alabaga and the other places you mentioned.

At least we have a UM warrior like Mike Irving. What did Mike say when his kid was being recruited? Mike Jr. can go wherever he wants to college as long as it's UM. Then, he went out there and snatched up Harley by the ear and got him in line and on board with UM. We need more ambassadors like Mike Irving.
Preach.

This.

This right here [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION] is the issue. You don't see kids from Ohio State who have people they trust advising him going to any other school. Same for Michigan or Alabama. LSU gets their players and everyone in the community helps to make that happen. Here at Miami? we don't have that! I follow Lingard on ig and I see you liking his posts.I follow u as well and I see you decked out in Canes gear and even have pics of the great Sean Taylor. I imagine if any of us were in your shoes and had the ability to help a kid out, then why would you even present him with any other options? Miami has:

-top notch education
-A great coach ( spiritual and still beloved by his players and community in GA)
- A storied program that transformed college football... Basically made people pay attention to the inner city
- IT's his own TOWN!!

So why are we not like Alabaga or Texas or these programs whose community is behind their kid so they can choose the program? This is the biggest issue we have because any of us who bleed Orange and Green who want to #MakeMiamiGreatAgain would take the Irving approach. So basically who do you want to be? Just another guy who will advise this kid and let him go to another place, or will you be an ambassador to the program advise Lingard to be the next Duke or DEEJAY and set Miami back on track to glory and at the same time having a coach who has produced STUD RBS and a program they call Running back U?

Bring Lingard home... You unlike us have influence to actually turn this around . We can't complain if we keep missing out on kids if our own diehard fans are not helping ala OSU, UT,AU ect to stay in our own backyard!

That was a thing of beauty, Coach Massimeno.

WTF is going on here? Your post, factually, can't be farther from the truth. Just this year...The #1 player in the country from California is going to Bama. 3 of the top players are from Texas and are committed to Ohio State, Stanford and the 3rd is either FSU or LSU. The top QB in the in the country from GA is committed to Stanford. This isn't the exception, it's the norm and it has been FOREVER. But I digress...

For the record, Orange City is closer to Gainesville and Tallahassee then it is to Miami and is not the "hometown"

But let's keep berating the guy who is close to Lo because, you know, that always works out well in the end.

Morons

Just hope and pray for more Duke Johnson's and DeeJay Dallases and Gilbert Friersons, really. Players from Louisiana go to l$u, period. They've got crazy loyalty to their hometown team. They see the big picture.

Preach.

This.

-top notch education
- IT's his own TOWN!!

Somehow you forgot the thing that potentially is most important to these kids. If he comes here he has the opportunity for immediate playing time because Walton will have left. So you have all that, and the fact we absolutely need him.

Advertisement
Miami is one of the best situations imaginable for an elite RB next year. Young talent on offense, a legacy of putting RB after RB in the NFL (even while we sucked), a head coach and RB coach that has had their own legacies of putting backs in the league at other places, an Olympic level track coach, wide open depth chart and a great education. If a "diehard" Cane like Uncle Tweed can't see that, he is obviously looking for something else. He is either drunk on the attention and power he has received by leeching on to the kid, or he is blinded by green. Either way, these type of recruitments never end well for UM. Here's hoping better judgement prevails and Lingard sees what an incredible opportunity Miami is for him next year

Miami is one of the best situations imaginable for an elite RB next year. Young talent on offense, a legacy of putting RB after RB in the NFL (even while we sucked), a head coach and RB coach that has had their own legacies of putting backs in the league at other places, an Olympic level track coach, wide open depth chart and a great education. If a "diehard" Cane like Uncle Tweed can't see that, he is obviously looking for something else. He is either drunk on the attention and power he has received by leeching on to the kid, or he is blinded by green. Either way, these type of recruitments never end well for UM. Here's hoping better judgement prevails and Lingard sees what an incredible opportunity Miami is for him next year

Doesn't matter

Charlie Brown got called out and he's threatening to leave. LOL

Oldest trick in the book. "Franchise is a dyck, so I'm going to punish the rest of you guys by no longer telling you that I'm waxing poetic to Lo about the virtues of Texas (because my kid is connected to former stars there), Auburn (because I want to take care of my brother in law), Clemson (because I like their offense and they are talking to Lo's cousin Coleman) and whatever other program pops up that I suddenly like. You guys should turn on the Living Legend because he's going to prevent you from hearing about me waving my dyck in UM's face over a kid I'm advising."

Haven't seen this divide and conquer nonsense before.

[MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION] that's the one thing I'd have to say. With the situation being how it is & you simply wanting what's best for him be careful how you state things (not for these people here,but u & his relationship) u stated you just want to see him do what's best for him. Then you listed several schools youre telling him,all with reasons personal to you & why you like them. With my nephew I'll talk with him about whatever he asks me about. We do research together Wether it's about programs,coaches,playbooks,depth charts etc. Obviously he knows my personal thoughts & why I want him at um but I want him to come to that decision or whatever other on his own.

This right here is what I can respect. For example, if Miami has a monster close in 2018 in the secondary, and we close with Dean, CJ, and Edwards; I could see why you may want to steer your kid elsewhere if he's a 2019 kid and playing time might not be available until his JR year. Make an educated decision and treat your recruitment like an adult without the dramatics. If you're going to a different school, don't troll the home team. That's something I respected about Jeudy. Dude made his decision and went about his business.

I have nothing but respect for [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION]. But at the same time, we have fanatics on this board and I'm one of them. One should know that preaching about other schools and that you're going to push him to those schools wasn't going to generate a positive reaction - especially as it relates to our ability to recruit 5-star kids like this. The reasons you listed for each school is suspect as well. I'm not saying you have your hand out or anything like that. But I haven't seen Clemson highlight any of their RBs since CJ Spiller which is the last RB they put in the NFL.

Richt has had a consistent track record of success with RBs as he highlights them very often. This is why I thought McFarland's decision to go to Maryland was bat **** insane. Sony's going to make a good living in the pros after next year and he (McFarland) would've been used similar in Richt's offense. It's already been mentioned what advantages Miami has. LO has to do what's good for him. But I don't see many negatives from a Miami view.

Chise just says what a lot of us are thinking and puts it in a more brash and creative light.

Preach.

This.

-top notch education
- IT's his own TOWN!!

WTF is going on here? Your post, factually, can't be farther from the truth. Just this year...The #1 player in the country from California is going to Bama. 3 of the top players are from Texas and are committed to Ohio State, Stanford and the 3rd is either FSU or LSU. The top QB in the in the country from GA is committed to Stanford. This isn't the exception, it's the norm and it has been FOREVER. But I digress...

For the record, Orange City is closer to Gainesville and Tallahassee then it is to Miami and is not the "hometown"

But let's keep berating the guy who is close to Lo because, you know, that always works out well in the end.

Morons

Every fanbase has its share of idiots. At the same time, before anyone said anything to Tweed he had already mentioned other schools that he was pushing Lingard to.

Also, it's very immature to push a kid away from a certain school based on the actions of a couple of fans.

I remember a couple fans were highlighted from Arkansas's end when they thought Collins was flipping back to Miami. There were a ton of wishful tweets regarding the state of Collins' ACL. Didn't see that deter him back to Miami.

Advertisement

I hate Ohio State like all good Canes.
But look at what happened when former Buckeye LB Chris Spielman floated the idea of becoming a Michigan Wolverine to his dad.

At the 30 second mark:

[video=youtube;Su2MNL9NdD8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su2MNL9NdD8[/video]

I'm still wondering in what country Lingard is the top 110m hurdler. He's very good, but his personal best thus far is 0.14 worse than Walter Tucker, that FB we had that transferred, and 0.59 worse than Artie Burns' best h.s. time (that puts Artie 5-6 meters ahead at the finish line).

These are the h.s. 110m hurdle top times for the 2016 outdoor season:

1.12Marcus Krah13.25 (.2)NC HillsideJul 24IAAF World U20 Championships
2.12Matt Moore13.33GAUnion GroveMay 21Georgia HS Meet of Champions
3.11Trey Cunningham13.35ALWinfieldApr 30AHSAA 3A Section 2
4.11Damion Thomas13.42 (-.2)FLNortheast (Oakland Park)Apr 28FHSAA 3A Region 4
5.12Grant Holloway13.51 (-.3)VA GrassfieldJun 19New Balance Nationals Outdoor
6.11Joseph Anderson13.59 (1.2)CAUplandJun 04CIF California State Championship Finals
12Bryce Douglas13.59TXAllenApr 22UIL 6A Area 5/6 (Th-F)
11Travis Anderson13.59 (3.2)ILEdwardsvilleMay 28IHSA Boys 3A State Championships
9.12Joey Daniels13.62 (-1.4)ONCameron HeightsJun 02OFSAA Track & Field Championships
10.10Rainey Anderson13.68 (1.9)GAWestlakeMay 14GHSA Boys 6A State Championships
11.11Cory Poole13.71 (.8)NJEast Orange CampusJun 08NJSIAA Meet of Champions
12.12William Session13.72 (2.6)ILBelleville (East)May 28IHSA Boys 3A State Championships
13.11Charles Brockman13.75TXPlanoApr 22UIL 6A Area 5/6 (Th-F)
14.12Wesley Watkins13.76 (1.9)GAWestlakeMay 14GHSA Boys 6A State Championships
15.12Emmanuel Tait13.78 (.0)ALThompsonApr 16Mountain Brook Invitational
16.12Elliott Graves13.79 (1.5)NCReidsvilleMay 21NCHSAA 2A State Championships
17.12Koty Burton13.81 (1.0)CALa Quinta (La Quinta)Apr 09Arcadia Invitational
18.12Josh McGowen13.82 (-.2)TXMcAllenMay 14TX UIL 6A State Championships
19.12Medric Roberson13.84 (1.9)TXMansfield SummitApr 30UIL 5A Region II (Fr-Sa)
11Anastas Eliopoulos13.84 (.1)BCVancouver Olympic ClubJul 10Canadian Junior (U20) Championships
21.12Branndon Marion13.85TXHouston Cyp. RanchApr 14UIL 6A District 17 (M, Tu, Th)
12Nick Johnson13.85WAGonzaga PrepMay 13GSL Districts #2
23.12George Patrick13.86 (.0)TNBrentwood AcademyMay 20TSSAA Division 2 Middle Sectional
12Maliek Kendall13.86 (4.9)MOGrandviewMay 28MSHSAA Class 4 State Championships
12Anthony Q Williams13.86 (.6)VAWestern BranchJun 04VHSL 6A State Championship
26.11Deion Lightfoot-Shelton13.87 (1.6)CAKimballMay 27CIF Sac-Joaquin Section Masters Meet
27.11Cedric McGriff13.89 (-1.0)NCProvidenceMay 14NCHSAA 4A West Region
12Marcel Keeton13.89TXCedar HillApr 22UIL 6A Area 7/8
17-18Noah Green13.89 (-2.0)KSKC FlyersJul 31USATF National Junior Olympic Championships
30.12Isaiah Lucas13.90TX Houston Cyp. FallsJun 18Brooks PR Invitational
12Braxton Canady13.90FLPaxonApr 28FHSAA 3A Region 1
32.12William Watson13.91 (2.9)TXBeltonApr 30UIL 6A Region II (Fr-Sa)
12Tyler Guillory13.91TXHouston Cyp. FallsApr 14UIL 6A District 17 (M, Tu, Th)
34.12Fabian McCall13.92 (1.1)TXHuntsvilleMay 13TX UIL 5A State Championships
12Brent Carroll13.92 (-1.0)NCBerry Academy Of TechMay 14NCHSAA 4A West Region
12Shyheim Wright13.92 (.3)MDNorthwestMay 28MPSSAA 4A State Championships
37.12Malik Beverly13.93 (-1.0)OHNorthwest (Cincinnati)Jun 04OHSAA D1 State Meet
38.11Kentre Patterson13.94MIEast LansingMay 20MHSAA LP Regional 2-1 @ Holt
10Lorenzo Lingard13.94FLOrange City UniversityApr 26FHSAA 4A Region 1

Last edited:
You all remember Patrick Johnson's handler/mentor on the internetz? How'd that turn out?

You all remember the kids Genron handled/mentored? How did those recruitments turn out?

Regardless of what title you want to label [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION] with, what he's doing isn't pro-Miami in any way. What is also a little concerning, is when Tweed was questioned about the whole package deal for Coleman, Lingard, and that 2020 kid, he threw Lingard under the bus instead of just owning it like he did when brought it to the boards back in October.

Do you all remember the recruitment of Lamar Miller? His mentor busted his *** to get Lamar to Miami. That guy is an example of a pro-Miami guy looking out for kids.

Doesn't matter

Right. It's all about (very distant) relationships.

Advertisement

Preach.

This.

-top notch education
- IT's his own TOWN!!

WTF is going on here? Your post, factually, can't be farther from the truth. Just this year...The [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] player in the country from California is going to Bama. 3 of the top players are from Texas and are committed to Ohio State, Stanford and the 3rd is either FSU or LSU. The top QB in the in the country from GA is committed to Stanford. This isn't the exception, it's the norm and it has been FOREVER. But I digress...

Morons

Dude how did I berate [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION] ? I have been nothing but respectful to the guy and I like everyone else here has legit concerns over the best player in Florida next year, who happens to be in our backyard.

Secondly, any kid can leave the state and that's fine. But it is rare when you have a support system in AL, UT, OSU and and Michigan leave their home state when in Miami these kids are constantly leaving. You give me an example of one year when some top players left? GTFO! These programs consistently get the top at their positions and their communities are fully behind them. You think in OSU or UT or Michigan or Alabama the the #1 player in the state would have a FAN OF THE PROGRAM giving him other options of other schools? Of course not ! Because those schools bring the bags, the community is in on bringing the bags and if any of those fans are there to advise its to advise to go to their own school.

Can a kid born in Ohio come to another school? Sure ! some kids just want to leave and there aren't any amount of duffle bags, or pressure that will change that kids mind. Yet we have someone who is an AVID Canes fan and wants to bring back the U. Someone who like us must look around and feel for Miami when our top kids are getting poached by every other major program . I guarantee you that anyone else in any other state in [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION]'s position would get creamed if they were advising the top recruit in the state to entertain other programs because those fan bases is a win or go home mentality, they play to win , thy cheat, pay and take their CFB like life. Down here we don't get that level of commitment. Then when Lingard is rushing for 250 yes and 4 tis against the Canes in a Clemson uniform people will complain and say wow wish I had that guy ! When will the U be back ! we will never be back if our own people are not fully behind this program.

You all remember Patrick Johnson's handler/mentor on the internetz? How'd that turn out?

You all remember the kids Genron handled/mentored? How did those recruitments turn out?

Regardless of what title you want to label [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION] with, what he's doing isn't pro-Miami in any way. What is also a little concerning, is when Tweed was questioned about the whole package deal for Coleman, Lingard, and that 2020 kid, he threw Lingard under the bus instead of just owning it like he did when brought it to the boards back in October.

Do you all remember the recruitment of Lamar Miller? His mentor busted his *** to get Lamar to Miami. That guy is an example of a pro-Miami guy looking out for kids.

Thank you… which is exactly what any handler or anyone connected to a kid in any other state would do. In [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION]'s case I understand if this program was run by a Folden who was a dumpster fire disaster a little bit more. But with CMR at the Helm? a proven coach whose Rbs are tearing apart the NFL as we speak? a guy who cares about his players and maintains deep connections with them despite going to other programs or even moving on to the NFL? and all this in your hometown where BTW your school is a top 75 school academically in the nation and whose players are MONEY playmakers in the NFL? come one.

top 3 choices for Lingard should be

1.THE U
2.THE U
3.THE U

I will not speak another word on here about him.

Franchise & his minion have all the answers.

This man is soft as cotton candy dipped in kool aid. If you a true cane, you use whatever means to help this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
There is literally NOTHING I can say without being ridiculed. LOL

Guy asks me a question about schools that I PERSONALLY like for Lo and I get bashed. LMAO

There should be only one school that you like

Seems like this kid is a supreme long shot in my opinion. Sure looks like he has lots of people around him pushing him away from Coral Gables.

Unfortunately, a Canes fan is pushing Texas, Auburn, Clemson and who knows who else.

Preach.

This.

-top notch education
- IT's his own TOWN!!

Morons
You're not a Cane either, bytch. You should sign up to be Lingard's other adviser and you can push UF and FSU on him.

Bring him home tweed we counting on you

Of course I want him to be a Cane, but I will help him make the best possible decision FOR HIM.

There are quite a few schools that I currently like for him.

Is this real life?

SEAL THE DEAL TWEED

He don't have the bawlz to do it. He can't do it and that kid don't respect him that much. I believe that he lying about knowing the kid and probably saw him once and shook his hand. He is just an attention seeking Lil girl trying to get a Lil clout on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back