Recruiting Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring him home tweed we counting on you

Of course I want him to be a Cane, but I will help him make the best possible decision FOR HIM.

There are quite a few schools that I currently like for him.

What are the schools he likes for him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lingard likes Texas because Tweed's kid's godparents are legends there. He likes Auburn because Tweed's brother in law coaches there. And he likes Clemson because Tweed likes the offense there. Not so hard to understand.

All reasonable. Have any of those schools offered the cousin?

Advertisement

Of course I want him to be a Cane, but I will help him make the best possible decision FOR HIM.

Cane love.

This isn't about the adults' interests, it's about the kid. They have to do what's best for the kid.

Clearly. After all, it takes extensive research for a Canes fan and the adult advisers around him, who are Canes fans, to determine whether UM is the right place for a RB. UM and Rick haven't had much success with RBs over the years, so I can understand all the trepidation from an adult Cane fan adviser to suggest that UM is the right place for a Florida kid, who has professed an affinity for UM in the past.

Regardless of what some may think, not every recruit & family want money. He's a good kid that keeps to himself.

He has a good family & support system in place that will help him make the best possible decision for his future.

If you legitimately are a handler you're pretty strange bud... I've known alot of handlers in my days & even more now. Two things keep all of them simple. #1 once they get the kids offers up there job is done. All they are is a middle man between assistant coaches & kids & parents. There purpose is to feed all of their footage to any school the kid may have interest in or if he's chasing offers to get his stars up simply to mass feed it to everyone. Once they get those offers theirs nothing else for you to do as the assistant coach talks with the parents & the kids through the parents until they are old enough to talk direct. #2 the only other factor with them is they ALL HAVE AN AGENDA... what's yours [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION]?

Tweed said he wants to find the right place for Lingard. Lingard has claimed to be a UM fan, Tweed is supposedly a UM fan, UM wants and needs Lingard, Lingard will have a clear shot to be the man right away here, UM can offer him a better education than any of the other places he's considering, and UM is close to home. Sounds like he already found the right place.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but what if one of the other schools offers a major Lingard wants to pursue and UM doesn't offer it?

That could be a huge sticking point. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Lingard likes Texas because Tweed's kid's godparents are legends there. He likes Auburn because Tweed's brother in law coaches there. And he likes Clemson because Tweed likes the offense there. Not so hard to understand.

Several appear to be on the precipice.

Oh, yeah? Which ones?

Advertisement
Lingard to Miami just makes too much sense. Done deal with a 10 win season.

Oh, yeah? Which ones?

Yep.

Oh, yeah? Which ones?

Yep.

Huh?

Advertisement

Oh, yeah? Which ones?

Yep.

Huh?

I never said that, sir. I apologize if you misconstrued my comment and somehow came to the wacky conclusion that several teams were on the precipice of offering the cousin. I'm going to quit posting on this issue.

I never said that, sir. I apologize if you misconstrued my comment and somehow came to the wacky conclusion that several teams were on the precipice of offering the cousin. I'm going to quit posting on this issue.

My bad. The fog of war is obstructing my view.

There are few certainties in life....I am abso****inglutely sure this will not end well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You two are making me fall out of my chair over here. Comedy gold after comedy gold.

I have been screaming, laughing and crying for the last 20 minutes.

Any news on Lingard?

Linguard is a Cane. I'm not even worried.

Who do you like best for Lingard?

Whatever is best for the young man.

You're truly selfless. I wish you were my handler when I was coming out. I got stuck with Genron. Now I'm robbing convenience stores to make ends meet.

Yeah, but how good were the chicken McNuggets and fries? You can't put a price on free McNuggets and fries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back