Recruiting Lingard

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like it's gonna be another circus recruitment which um never does well in

UM never wins the Recruiting Tour type of recruitment. We sign a lot of great players, but they're almost always low key guys who don't make a traveling circus of their recruitments.

yep closest success I can think of is randy landing seantrel henderson, and we got him by default after the hammer came down on usc he flipped came to miami and underachieved

Advertisement
Bring him home tweed we counting on you

Of course I want him to be a Cane, but I will help him make the best possible decision FOR HIM.

There are quite a few schools that I currently like for him.

Can you elaborate what schools you like for him? Miami has to be close to top, if not the school to beat with our depth concerns at RB, Richt's style of play, and the education it offers. Will he really take in account not offering his cousin? Maybe they will ask him to walk-on if they don't offer a scholly.

In no particular order, I like:
Miami (location, education)
Auburn (brother in law on staff)
Texas (my daughter's god parents are legends there)
Clemson (like the offense)
......to name a few.

Wish I could up-vote, thanks for the insight!

Look fellas, I really enjoyed bringing info here that some weren't privy to, but I honestly want no part of these labels.

For some to even think for a second that I'm a "handler", tells me that I've missed the mark with my intentions on here.

Look fellas, I really enjoyed bringing info here that some weren't privy to, but I honestly want no part of these labels.

For some to even think for a second that I'm a "handler", tells me that I've missed the mark with my intentions on here.

Think it has everything to do with the cousin Tweet and the thread that went with it. I know I will personally admit to making a connection, which seems to be inaccurate.

Advertisement
Hey [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION], sorry if we seem so defensive. The truth is Miami fans are nervous. The 2018 class is LOADED with blue chip studs from top to bottom. Guys like Lingard, Samuels, Surtain, Blades, Hall, Pope ect. Yet of all these blue chip studs the #1 guy on CMR's big board is Lingard. For Miami to win they need a guy like this. THe #2 RB in the nation ( from SFL so really #1 ) and a guy every one wants and respects in the tri-county area. Unfortunately Miami has lost so many battles the last ten years. We have missed out on the best of the top Blue chippers. Just a few who come to mind:

Alex Collins
Dalvin Cook
Jerry Jeudy
Matthew Thomas
Patrick Johnson
Bryce brown
Calvin Ridley
Amari Cooper
Teddy bridgewater

ect. All of these players were lost under the previous staffs either by incompetence or because the product on the field was bad. Yet now we have a guy in Rcht who is a great coach and an even better person who is in a position to bring back the U. I see how family influenced mcfarland to stay home today and although that hurt, I understand that. Miami is in desperate need of these blue chip recruits. I wish Lingard would commit early and be an ambassador for the class like a Deejay Dallas or a Duke Johnson. Except now imagine the impact he would have committing to Miami with Hall, pope, Surtain and all these other studs? They would want to join to be part of greatness a try #Storm18 . I guess we are all afraid that we will lose Lingard after all these years of missing out on the top end players. I wish he would commit early and help bring back the U.

I'm not saying I'm leaving the board, LOL. I'm just saying that I will be more selective with what I post.

Why would Lo need a "handler"? He's a 5 star recruit who's the #2 rated RB in his class. EVERY major program has offered him already, so what exactly would this "handler" be handling? That's a simple way of thinking & it's kinda "strange" "bud".

That's how all HIGHLY rated kids get there bud. People on here have said that's what you supposedly do. If not my bad. No harm no foul.

If ANYBODY on here said that I'm Lo's "handler" that is a bold faced lie. I have known him since he was 7 and I'm a family friend to the point he calls me Uncle Tweed.

Lo isn't a "recruit" to me, he's like a family member that I will support regardless of his college choice.

I apologize if I came across as defensive, but that is just crazy for someone to say that.

Did you not come on here saying if Miami offered his cousin it would guarantee him to Miami? That's handler talk. The perception you give out is that of a handler.

If that wasn't you, I apologize.

He posted that on Twitter sir. That wasn't a plea for someone on here to get anyone an offer.

That tweet went out 8 JAN. You posted this after someone embedded the tweet in your thread:

I told you guys this MONTHS ago. Offer Lawerence Coleman & we get Lo '18 & Tae '20

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/lorenzo-lingard-lists-top-5-a/102312/6#post2777979

Of course I want him to be a Cane, but I will help him make the best possible decision FOR HIM.

Can you elaborate what schools you like for him? Miami has to be close to top, if not the school to beat with our depth concerns at RB, Richt's style of play, and the education it offers. Will he really take in account not offering his cousin? Maybe they will ask him to walk-on if they don't offer a scholly.

In no particular order, I like:
Miami (location, education)
Auburn (brother in law on staff)
Texas (my daughter's god parents are legends there)
Clemson (like the offense)
......to name a few.

Well.............****!

Advertisement
[MENTION=3746]Thread Killa[/MENTION], I'm not quite following your investigative posting. Was there a question?

Advertisement
Tweed a handler now? Who would make such an open ended comment like that? ("There are quite a few schools I like for him). True Cane you are. No one in their right mind would make such a comment with the lack of depth we have at RB and the RB's that Richt has produced... not to mention the RB's the University of Miami has put in the league. Go on and enjoy the limelight for the next year. #aspadeisaspade

Tweed a handler now? Who would make such an open ended comment like that? ("There are quite a few schools I like for him). True Cane you are. No one in their right mind would make such a comment with the lack of depth we have at RB and the RB's that Richt has produced... not to mention the RB's the University of Miami has put in the league. Go on and enjoy the limelight for the next year. #aspadeisaspade

Advertisement
Regardless of what some may think, not every recruit & family want money. He's a good kid that keeps to himself.

He has a good family & support system in place that will help him make the best possible decision for his future.

If you legitimately are a handler you're pretty strange bud... I've known alot of handlers in my days & even more now. Two things keep all of them simple. #1 once they get the kids offers up there job is done. All they are is a middle man between assistant coaches & kids & parents. There purpose is to feed all of their footage to any school the kid may have interest in or if he's chasing offers to get his stars up simply to mass feed it to everyone. Once they get those offers theirs nothing else for you to do as the assistant coach talks with the parents & the kids through the parents until they are old enough to talk direct. #2 the only other factor with them is they ALL HAVE AN AGENDA... what's yours [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION]?

Tweed said he wants to find the right place for Lingard. Lingard has claimed to be a UM fan, Tweed is supposedly a UM fan, UM wants and needs Lingard, Lingard will have a clear shot to be the man right away here, UM can offer him a better education than any of the other places he's considering, and UM is close to home. Sounds like he already found the right place.

Regardless of what some may think, not every recruit & family want money. He's a good kid that keeps to himself.

He has a good family & support system in place that will help him make the best possible decision for his future.

If you legitimately are a handler you're pretty strange bud... I've known alot of handlers in my days & even more now. Two things keep all of them simple. #1 once they get the kids offers up there job is done. All they are is a middle man between assistant coaches & kids & parents. There purpose is to feed all of their footage to any school the kid may have interest in or if he's chasing offers to get his stars up simply to mass feed it to everyone. Once they get those offers theirs nothing else for you to do as the assistant coach talks with the parents & the kids through the parents until they are old enough to talk direct. #2 the only other factor with them is they ALL HAVE AN AGENDA... what's yours [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION]?

Tweed said he wants to find the right place for Lingard. Lingard has claimed to be a UM fan, Tweed is supposedly a UM fan, UM wants and needs Lingard, Lingard will have a clear shot to be the man right away here, UM can offer him a better education than any of the other places he's considering, and UM is close to home. Sounds like he already found the right place.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but what if one of the other schools offers a major Lingard wants to pursue and UM doesn't offer it?

What are the schools he likes for him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lingard likes Texas because Tweed's kid's godparents are legends there. He likes Auburn because Tweed's brother in law coaches there. And he likes Clemson because Tweed likes the offense there. Not so hard to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back