Recruiting Chatter - 12/17 (AM Update)

Advertisement
All I’m saying is to give him a chance but according to Barry Jackson they haven’t even reached out so there’s that.

If true, very disappointing. Though if they have you'd think they'd do al they could to be sure it doesn't leak.

major issue is 15 years of using up all your brand equity and having a clueless administration
form president down to awful AD group. only, only silver lining is BOT will ask for total overhaul including AD dept....... when was the last time we closed strong .... Butch ?
CMD and staff caught off guard no surprise, Greene will be a key loss,Francois who knows
Knighton looks at Lingard situation and thinks do they( staff) have a clue Louisville beats us for an Olineman..... this whole thing is bordering on incompetency at the highest levels

Advertisement
I'll never understand the "fans" who say they wouldnt send their kids to play for Diaz. They aren't committing to a coach- they are committing to the school. Its like saying you wouldn't want your kids to join the military because of President Trump/Obama/pick your President. They aren't joining to serve a President, but to defend the country. Might as well say you don't think there is anything about the country worth protecting.

Coaches change. Miami could finally get it right and hire the right coach after Diaz (since James won't be making the decision I have more confidence we will make a good hire), then your kid would have missed out of being part of something great. If you think Miami is permanently screwed up and unfixable, then what exactly makes you a fan? Having rooted for them in the past and having a CIS account? Meanwhile you talk **** about the school nonstop and tell interested athletes not to go there and that you wouldn't want your own kids at the program? That's "being a fan"? Or is that you do all of the above- tell kids not to go to Miami, say the program is broken and unfixable, then when the program does rise again you claim that you always believed UM is the best program ever and that your hatred was justified?
Just out of curiosity my cane brother how do you know Blake won’t be picking the next coach? Inside info or just your opinion? Like many I’m praying highsmith is hired and football is taken away from Blake but I’m Barry’s latest article it says UM hasn’t even reached out to Alonzo. Smh

A. You have no idea what other LBs they were recruiting.

B. There are LOTS of people who said that Hypolitte and other LBs are marginal takes and that Miami has to stop signing Bar Milos who take up roster spots.

C. Which would you prefer-

1. Miami identifies early that Greene isnt in play and recruits a marginal LB or

2. Miami recognizes Greene isnt in play, doesnt recruit a marginal LB, and decides to save the scholarship for another year or a 4 star transfer player like Bubba Bolden?

A: Listen, we have a pretty good idea of who they have and have not been recruiting. If you think there are going to be better recruits on the board after tomorrow, I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps they get lucky and find a stop-gap in the portal, OR they might just get another Tommy Kennedy.

B: If you think Hypolitte and some of the other guys they where targeting were marginal, just wait for the reaches they will be going after, after tomorrow.

C: Neither, I wouldn't put myself in this position time and time again. And I'm not just talking about LB recruiting this year. It's their overall recruiting philosophy that continues to get them left at the alter.
Example, they were recruiting Hypolitte pretty heavily a few weeks ago, so they must have like something about his ability. Coincidentally, once Flowe and Greene started to trend up, they stopped and once again they are now left with limited options. Everyone on this board knew they were long-shots, but apparently our staff can't see that. Same happened with OL last year and CB the year before.
Secondly, we don't have the luxury of "passing" on LBs this year IMO. LB recruiting has not been good over the last 3+ years (some due to injuries). This is a position of need this year.

The fact they are going to have to scramble for LBs, CBs and especial OL this late in the game tells you all you need to know about this staff.

Advertisement
That’s facts about flowe, I dont Think it would have mattered even if we won vs the 2 we lost late. Usc always usually gets their elite kids to stay home in the final hour and I expect That to happen here but we will see

Lol. I can unequivocally tell you that isn't true. USC currently has the 82nd ranked class in the nation. This is by far their worst class in modern history. The problem SC fans have w/ Helton is that he CAN'T keep the local studs home, and that hasn't been more abundantly clear this year. So. Cal is more loyal than So. Florida kids, but the times that WSU was playing for national championships, UW was playing for a national championship, Colorado was playing for a national championship, Oregon becoming a perennial top 10 school w/ Akili Smith, or UCLA consistently vying for Rose Bowl titles, was all when USC sucked.

Class of 2020 (Strictly So. Cal):

Out of the top 100 kids in Southern CA, USC has a total of 5 committed, and none of those commits are top 300. Bama, OSU, Clemson, and Oregon have completely ravaged USC's recruiting grounds. ****, even ASU has come in and snatched up So. Cal kids.

Flowe is trending Oregon right now; the USC talk is b/c of grandma....but most feel it's an Oregon/Clemson battle right now w/ Clemson **** near conceding.

A: Listen, we have a pretty good idea of who they have and have not been recruiting. If you think there are going to be better recruits on the board after tomorrow, I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps they get lucky and find a stop-gap in the portal, OR they might just get another Tommy Kennedy.

B: If you think Hypolitte and some of the other guys they where targeting were marginal, just wait for the reaches they will be going after, after tomorrow.

C: Neither, I wouldn't put myself in this position time and time again. And I'm not just talking about LB recruiting this year. It's their overall recruiting philosophy that continues to get them left at the alter.
Example, they were recruiting Hypolitte pretty heavily a few weeks ago, so they must have like something about his ability. Coincidentally, once Flowe and Greene started to trend up, they stopped and once again they are now left with limited options. Everyone on this board knew they were long-shots, but apparently our staff can't see that. Same happened with OL last year and CB the year before.
Secondly, we don't have the luxury of "passing" on LBs this year IMO. LB recruiting has not been good over the last 3+ years (some due to injuries). This is a position of need this year.

The fact they are going to have to scramble for LBs, CBs and especial OL this late in the game tells you all you need to know about this staff.

Greene publically said FSU was out if they fired Haggins. Fsu kept Haggins. Greene still dropped them. His dad said not to criticize or bring bigger bags. You want to criticize the staff for not seeing it? Then on the flip side you have to compliment them for sniffing out Hypolitte early. They recruited him heavily then moved on when they saw he was getting bagged. Miami got fooled by Booger McFarland, and wasn't going to get fooled again. Maryland bags recruits. They did with Hypolitte what you wanted to see with Greene. Greene is a better talent than Hypolitte so it makes sense to shoot your shot on trying to convince him to stay in Florida over freezing cold Nebraska. I wouldn't spend any time on Hypolitte who was bagged and committed to Maryland since April. Miami already has commitments from 3 LBs in the ESPN 300. The dropoff to the next tier of LBs (out of the ESPN 300) is massive. Not worth the effort.

Advertisement
giphy.gif
That’s exactly how I feel right now watching the ****show that is the UM football program top to bottom.

Advertisement
Just out of curiosity my cane brother how do you know Blake won’t be picking the next coach? Inside info or just your opinion? Like many I’m praying highsmith is hired and football is taken away from Blake but I’m Barry’s latest article it says UM hasn’t even reached out to Alonzo. Smh

Because I think there are some BOT members ****ed that James blew up the Cristobal deal. They couldn't fire him for hiring Diaz especially given that Diazs dad carries a lot of water, but his fate is tied to Diaz. James will not have the opportunity to pick his 4th HC in 10 years. Of that I'm confident.

imagine if this fail of a staff landed flowe lol. at some point, one of their good feelings have to be right lol.
Law of averages says so but this staff might be so bad that they can actually defy the laws of average! Lmao we got to get a guy like Einstein to dissect this program scientifically to get to the bottom of why we’re so bad. Smh

Advertisement
Back