Recruiting Chatter - 12/17 (AM Update)

View as article
USC went through this same crap for 20 years. Had one 10-win season in that time frame. They hired a guy they didn't even really want and he turned their program around. We're at 15 years of this with a small spark in 2017. We're probably gonna have to get lucky as **** too. Oh well.
Yes sir.

Pete was damaged goods and was plan L for that job.

Advertisement
Don’t worry friend it gets easier , I’m 41 and gotten to the point none of this phases me. I just laugh as we’re getting raped by fiu.

I honestly don’t get the energy that’s used in here griping, at some point you got to realize we’re the only ones who really care and are passionate. Well “ was “ for me.

Which is shocking , I’m the same guy who’d tear up after big losses and avoid sports center for a few days.

Now it’s like whatever.
On my way there my man only I'm 28.

LOL at you losers. Nebraska has been on him longer than we have. If anything Nebraska should be crying about bags after he almost committed to us even though we just offered him last month.

Nothing can convince you idiots that Manny can't coach or recruit.

Not sure this is true, can’t even find when Nebraska offered the kid, but I thought they got into this later than us

It’s the question you ask yourself when choosing a woman to settle down with for good. Would you have kids with her. Same premise here just different question. Would you send your son here to play football? I don’t have kids but my answer would be no. A resounding no. I went to Miami and bleed orange and green. However, if I had a talented athlete for a son and wanted him to not only get to the next level personally and professionally, I don’t think this staff could do it.

The program for the most part is done. You can bring in a Highsmith but is he really going to have football control? Look at Blake James. He is the kind of guy that ends sentences with the word “Right?”. Passive aggressive @&$&@&. Highsmith would bring to much bravado for that chick assistant AD And Blake James .... well.....

It’s sad how the program slowely disintegrated. It feels like hospice has been at the Football facilities for years. One minute it looks like it will pull through and then the next it’s done. I think losing recruits to Nebraska and losing to FIU puts a stamp on it.

so spot on.

this part made me spit out my water:

"Look at Blake James. He is the kind of guy that ends sentences with the word “Right?”. Passive aggressive @&$&@&."

Advertisement
It’s the question you ask yourself when choosing a woman to settle down with for good. Would you have kids with her. Same premise here just different question. Would you send your son here to play football? I don’t have kids but my answer would be no. A resounding no. I went to Miami and bleed orange and green. However, if I had a talented athlete for a son and wanted him to not only get to the next level personally and professionally, I don’t think this staff could do it.

The program for the most part is done. You can bring in a Highsmith but is he really going to have football control? Look at Blake James. He is the kind of guy that ends sentences with the word “Right?”. Passive aggressive @&$&@&. Highsmith would bring to much bravado for that chick assistant AD And Blake James .... well.....

It’s sad how the program slowely disintegrated. It feels like hospice has been at the Football facilities for years. One minute it looks like it will pull through and then the next it’s done. I think losing recruits to Nebraska and losing to FIU puts a stamp on it.
Hit the nail on the head my friend. Sadly I also think losing to FIU and now losing recruits to Nebraska the only other former power that’s been irrelevant longer then us is the straw that broke the camels back. UM will try to scramble and pretend they care by hiring someone like Alonzo but keep him as a puppet with no power just so they can continue to steal money from the dumb@$$ sheep to the slaughter fans but I think this is it for fan support, next year’s attendance is gonna be a rude awakening.

Last edited:
I didn’t know you were an old **** too.

The fact is nobody cares, from boosters , bot, athletic dept , president , the ad and the entire hect. If you need proof just look at the awful , half *** , lazy hires. If you just step back and look it’s comical. Multiple hires from failed staffs and a guy that was weeks from getting canned at UGA.

Ive just accepted this is what we’re and what we’ll be for awhile. It was a great run, but I enjoyed more winning as fan in twenty five years as most fans get in multiple lifetimes.

So I’m just glad I got experience best I did.

I'm 40 and feel the same. I regret that I wasn't a more diehard fan when the Canes were winning and would have savored it more. I was so ****ed when the Canes were robbed by tOSU in 2002 but figured we'd be back again and again to exact our revenge. Its funny- my wife was looking at a photo album in my parents house and saw a picture of me in 6th grade, living in rural Oregon, rocking a Canes sweatshirt. Fast forward almost 30 years and I'm chatting with my dad and he's wearing my Canes sweatshirt I bought 10 years ago.

The most frustrating thing is that I'm certain that I- a lowly civil servant- could easily fix this team and turn it into a championship contender again with a few personnel moves.

Yes sir.

Pete was damaged goods and was plan L for that job.
he was a failure when he got to USC and ended up turning them around. we will never outpay other schools for the big names that are proven to be elite (urban, saban, dabo, etc.) so we are gonna have to hope we hit on the right up and comer or retread.

Advertisement
Here's what the sunshine pumpers aren't taken into account by not looking at the bigger picture...

We landed some good prospects in this class mainly because most of them were already locked up with the exception of Knighton & Harrell.

However, for the 21 class... Smh yall don't even understand how ugly it's gonna get on the trail, especially if Diaz is retarded enough to keep Enox, this sh*t gon hit Defcon 1 with how bad we get slaughtered out there.

If you think we're landing a top 15 class next year while going 5-7/6-6 you're in for a rude awakening, especially at the skill positions, the 21 class is DEEP at WR & DB, and we're gonna miss on just about all of'em.

But, I do look forward to seeing people make the same excuses yall are making now, that's sh*t will be entertaining lol.
Yup, next Year is gonna be a bloodbath for us on the recruiting trail..I can’t even imagine the number of decommits and whiffs we’ll see until next year’s signing day..we better be thankful for the Chaney’s, Rivers, knighton’s etc.. we’re getting this year.

The excuse for not closing better in the cycle that "what do you expect, we finished 6-6" somehow seems to forget that we finished 6-6 because these same coaches that are not closing on these recruits didn't have their current guys well enough prepared and motivated to avoid losses to 3 significantly less talented teams. The best way to combat the challenge of recruiting during/after a season where we lost games we absolutely shouldn't have is to COACH BETTER AND NOT LOSE THE FRIGGIN GAMES TO GT, FIU AND DUKE!

I mean, good lord, this isn't some season where we had a brutal schedule and lost close games to good teams. Despite the coaching change, despite the uncertainty at QB, despite the lack of talent at OL, this season presented the opportunity for Diaz and his staff to win 9 games at a minimum, win the Coastal, beat our 2 in state rivals, take advantage of FSU's situation, and get some momentum. Even after the loss to UF, and then even after somehow losing our 4th game of the season to GT, we still had a chance to finish the season "strong" (using that word very loosely given the competition) by winning 4 in a row. All that separated us from that recruiting momentum, from at least the appearance of heading in the right direction, was games against FIU and Duke.

This staff cannot lose those games and then somehow be surprised that those losses are costing us in recruiting, when we already know how disloyal so much of the South Florida high school culture is. As a fan, I can expect us to at least get some of these elite kids because I can expect this staff and this program to not lose games to GT, FIU and Duke to put that hope out of reach.

The reality is, without the ability to land some of these kids, we will never get back to where we want to be. Getting kids like Flowe, Washington, Greene, etc. shouldn't be necessary to beat GT, FIU, and Duke - our existing team should have easily made that happen. But, these kids of elite kids will absolutely be necessary to elevate this program to where we want it to be.

Advertisement
I'll never understand the "fans" who say they wouldnt send their kids to play for Diaz. They aren't committing to a coach- they are committing to the school. Its like saying you wouldn't want your kids to join the military because of President Trump/Obama/pick your President. They aren't joining to serve a President, but to defend the country. Might as well say you don't think there is anything about the country worth protecting.

Coaches change. Miami could finally get it right and hire the right coach after Diaz (since James won't be making the decision I have more confidence we will make a good hire), then your kid would have missed out of being part of something great. If you think Miami is permanently screwed up and unfixable, then what exactly makes you a fan? Having rooted for them in the past and having a CIS account? Meanwhile you talk **** about the school nonstop and tell interested athletes not to go there and that you wouldn't want your own kids at the program? That's "being a fan"? Or is that you do all of the above- tell kids not to go to Miami, say the program is broken and unfixable, then when the program does rise again you claim that you always believed UM is the best program ever and that your hatred was justified?

guy neutered his first year class with the worst loss in school history, sleep in yo own bed muthaphucka and start thinking twice when Dan Penos tells you hes gonna throw the ball all over the yard with a **** OL against scrubs

1576614870392.png

Advertisement
I'll never understand the "fans" who say they wouldnt send their kids to play for Diaz. They aren't committing to a coach- they are committing to the school. Its like saying you wouldn't want your kids to join the military because of President Trump/Obama/pick your President. They aren't joining to serve a President, but to defend the country. Might as well say you don't think there is anything about the country worth protecting.

Coaches change. Miami could finally get it right and hire the right coach after Diaz (since James won't be making the decision I have more confidence we will make a good hire), then your kid would have missed out of being part of something great. If you think Miami is permanently screwed up and unfixable, then what exactly makes you a fan? Having rooted for them in the past and having a CIS account? Meanwhile you talk **** about the school nonstop and tell interested athletes not to go there and that you wouldn't want your own kids at the program? That's "being a fan"? Or is that you do all of the above- tell kids not to go to Miami, say the program is broken and unfixable, then when the program does rise again you claim that you always believed UM is the best program ever and that your hatred was justified?

It's called calling a spade a spade.

Kids and fans don't have any obligation to keep sacrificing their college careers and money for a school that sucks, has sucked, and is only getting worse instead of better.

The school has an obligation to do better for the kids and fans first. Not the other way around.

It's called calling a spade a spade.

Kids and fans don't have any obligation to keep sacrificing their college careers and money for a school that sucks, has sucked, and is only getting worse instead of better.

The school has an obligation to do better for the kids and fans first. Not the other way around.

so dont be a fan of said school is his point. either support them or not. i want the most talented kids we can get despite the coaches bc manny wont be here forever and we need talent if we want the next guy to succeed. if you want the cupboard to be so bare that no one can succeed after then you really dont care or dont want UM to succeed

Hit the nail on the head my friend. Sadly I also think losing to FIU and now losing recruits to Nebraska the only other former power that’s been irrelevant longer then us is the straw that broke the camels back. UM will try to scramble and pretend they care by hiring someone like Alonzo but keep him as a puppet with no power just so they can continue to steal money from the dumb@$$ sheep to the slaughter fans but I think this is it for fan support, next year’s attendance is gonna be a rude awakening.
Do you think that we should probably give Highsmith 5 minutes to show he’s not a puppet or just dismiss him outright before he even starts???

Advertisement
Back