Recruiting Chatter - 12/17 (AM Update)

Advertisement
Contrarian view: Not that it's good. No, it's bad news, but not that different from finishes we've had many many times before
We've almost always had problems locking down the national marquee players. Seen this many times before.

Even after some of our most successful seasons.

This is very much a part of the pattern. We still have some very good players in this class, which will be fairly highly rated, given our miserable season.

Yeah, we've had exceptions. Got the best LB in the country twice: Jesse Armstead and D.J. Williams. Had a few very highly ranked classes. Sometimes didn't lead to on-the-field excellence, but we've seen this before.

For some reason, we are not the destination-of-choice for many of the most elite.

It's not all on Manny and I'm not a "Manny Slurper."

rivals has him number 9 and 247 14th right now. coming off a 6-6 year with losses to fiu and duke at end that's impressive actually.
Overall number is impressive given the season but when you look at our needs at OL, CB & LB, you start to realize how much trouble we’re in. They didn’t fill our most pressing needs.

Advertisement
Overall number is impressive given the season but when you look at our needs at OL, CB & LB,?you start to realize how much trouble we’re in. They didn’t fill our most pressing needs.

Pre-portal we basically can look at top OL, CB, and LB who haven't signed in this early period. I haven't been keeping as close a track on those things this cycle, but I'm sure there's going to be a string of actual solid players to pursue.

The problem is we probably haven't been recruiting any of them at all. They're putting all their eggs into grabbing a Christian Williams late, etc. With the way recruiting is now, that's dangerously stupid.

Pretty sad if true. And with a kid who handled his recruitment process with a lot of respect and professionalism. Hopefully this is all about nothing and he signs with us tomorrow but who the **** knows anymore.

Dad took over the past few days.

Overall number is impressive given the season but when you look at our needs at OL, CB & LB, you start to realize how much trouble we’re in. They didn’t fill our most pressing needs.
This class reminds me so much of willies class last year. Ranked high with nothing but DBs, hopefully manny meets the same fate as Willie next year. 🙏

Greene publically said FSU was out if they fired Haggins. Fsu kept Haggins. Greene still dropped them. His dad said not to criticize or bring bigger bags. You want to criticize the staff for not seeing it? Then on the flip side you have to compliment them for sniffing out Hypolitte early. They recruited him heavily then moved on when they saw he was getting bagged. Miami got fooled by Booger McFarland, and wasn't going to get fooled again. Maryland bags recruits. They did with Hypolitte what you wanted to see with Greene. Greene is a better talent than Hypolitte so it makes sense to shoot your shot on trying to convince him to stay in Florida over freezing cold Nebraska. I wouldn't spend any time on Hypolitte who was bagged and committed to Maryland since April. Miami already has commitments from 3 LBs in the ESPN 300. The dropoff to the next tier of LBs (out of the ESPN 300) is massive. Not worth the effort.

Not saying it couldn’t be true, but I never knew Hyppolite was on the take. If true, then kudos to the staff for moving on( though they should still continue to keep contact with him in case he has a change of heart) but none the less we are still in a horrible predicament with CB, LB and especially OL. I’m still of the opinion this staff zeros in on targets and does not have viable backup plans when signing day approaches.
OL recruiting is just a colossal disaster. It’s like no one even bothers to recruit OL this year.

Advertisement
Because I think there are some BOT members ****ed that James blew up the Cristobal deal. They couldn't fire him for hiring Diaz especially given that Diazs dad carries a lot of water, but his fate is tied to Diaz. James will not have the opportunity to pick his 4th HC in 10 years. Of that I'm confident.
Jame s and Strawely could not get it right with an basic instruction manual
his fail with CMD is epic

rivals has him number 9 and 247 14th right now. coming off a 6-6 year with losses to fiu and duke at end that's impressive actually.
Kind of, but not when you consider this misses and god awful recruiting at CB and OL

I’m a firm believer that even with Bozo the clown as the HC at Miami we would still recruit a top 25-30 ranked class

Advertisement
Winning matters? Then how did a 5-7 Nebraska team land Greene? Nonsense. Be mad at the record but it doesn't mean anything to top recruits. We got 2 of the best RBs in the country. If the "winning matters" theory was true, how did that happen at 6-6?

I have an answer for you, but you might not want to hear it b/c anytime a kid goes to a school and not chose us it's b/c of bags.

I've mentioned this before:
Nebraska hired Scott Frost, the same Scott Frost that is a living legend as a player at Nebraska; they have an enshrinement of dude! This dude is the same guy who also coached UCF from a 6-7 record to a 13-0.

OK, he's went from 4-8 yr 1, now 5-7 yr 2. His mouth piece is going to be stronger than Diaz. Why? Namely he can say improvement was made, and he can sell what he accomplished as a player and as a head coach.
Diaz, on the hand, has accomplished chit as a coordinator, and definitely didn't play the game. Furthermore, you forget....Diaz has been here since 2016. We didn't go from 7-6 to 8-5 this year; we went from 7-6 to 6-6 that accompanied loses from FIU, GT, UNC, Duke, and VT. Those teams went a combined 28-32 AND we became the only P5 team to lose to FIU. Nebraska lost 7 games, all to conference opponents, that went a combined 59-27 on the season.

It's a much easier sell to a recruit when a coach is now coaching at the school where he was their last national champion and has experience as a program builder. He's going to get the benefit of the doubt, plus he could argue from yr. 1 to yr. 2 Nebraska has already become more competitive and they need a few more pieces to get them back.

What can Diaz sell, honestly? All things are not the equal. Example: Saban can go 1-12 next year, and he will still pull in a top 6 class the following year. Why? B/c he has a proven track record. Diaz tried to sell an unknown commodity, including indirectly chitting on Richt on his way to the top by making a lot of innuendo-esq comments about the offense. Cool, so he tried to sell himself and these are the results. That's the problem none seem to understand; Diaz tried to sell HIMSELF b/c he has nothing else to sell b/c he has ZERO accomplishments. So if you're going to sell yourself, then dammit you better deliver, b/c if you don't.....THIS is going to be the results. This is a chess game, and Diaz is playing jacks.

Seriously this staff is sucking on the field but Nebraska? You have to be retarded to pick a garbage Nebraska over Miami despite our sucking. Can't imagine a worse place to spend four years when I have actual choices.

"Big Red" is a lot different now than when Tommie Frazier (Manatee H.S.) won 2 natty's there in '94 & '95.

It's deeper than that though. Just because you have a bad season or multiple bad seasons, does mean it is acceptable to hardly get any OL, CB or LBs, all positions of dire need. No one should be expecting Flowe or Washington, but **** we should at least be able to sign SOMEONE on the OL and CB. Signing day is tomorrow and they have no backup plan as usual. It's like Barry and Rumph did no recruiting at all. I would fire them both after signing day.
We still have signing day in feb.... we also have will have time for spring and summer to bring more players in the portal...

Advertisement
Think I am done with Canesinsight.....Negativity breeds negativity.
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back