Recruiting Chatter - 12/17 (AM Update)

Advertisement
Lol. So let me take you down memory lane really quick. Follow your boy:

What was our most pressing needs this season? Would you not agree it was OL and LB, followed by DB and DT?

Furthermore, we still recruited 1 WR in Redding this year. Lol. Worsham is legit an unknown w/ that hip injury as his production dipped tremendously.
If you want to continue to toot the horn about us recruiting two running backs, have it. We have a 5 star running back just sitting there now doing jack chit.

I mean, let's talk facts and not fan dreams. This is not a mope, this is reality. Reality is we have a class that addresses none of our concerns.
Facts. @brock ‘s teetering on the edge of falling off the wagon and is about to be headed back into recovery. We might need an intervention.

Advertisement
Lol. So let me take you down memory lane really quick. Follow your boy:

What was our most pressing needs this season? Would you not agree it was OL and LB, followed by DB and DT?

Furthermore, we still recruited 1 WR in Redding this year. Lol. Worsham is legit an unknown w/ that hip injury as his production dipped tremendously.
If you want to continue to toot the horn about us recruiting two running backs, have it. We have a 5 star running back just sitting there now doing jack chit.

I mean, let's talk facts and not fan dreams. This is not a mope, this is reality. Reality is we have a class that addresses none of our concerns.

I just dapped you through time and space

Why do we refuse to recruit OTs? Should be 3 in this class and a guard or 2.

DB and WR big misses

One final point, if you trust Manny’s statements on the three freshman DTs, consider this: they looked good agaisnt our OL and manny isnt qualified to eval in any event.

Advertisement
You have to give them some grace, although the FIU and Duke loss were bad, it’s nothing a few tweeted gifs and choreographed sideline dances couldn’t cure

Just remember, with the glaring holes at OL, CB and LB we brought in ONE uncommitted prospect on the final weekend before signing day....well 1 uncommitted committed uncommitted committed uncommitted prospect

Advertisement
I have an answer for you, but you might not want to hear it b/c anytime a kid goes to a school and not chose us it's b/c of bags.

I've mentioned this before:
Nebraska hired Scott Frost, the same Scott Frost that is a living legend as a player at Nebraska; they have an enshrinement of dude! This dude is the same guy who also coached UCF from a 6-7 record to a 13-0.

OK, he's went from 4-8 yr 1, now 5-7 yr 2. His mouth piece is going to be stronger than Diaz. Why? Namely he can say improvement was made, and he can sell what he accomplished as a player and as a head coach.
Diaz, on the hand, has accomplished chit as a coordinator, and definitely didn't play the game. Furthermore, you forget....Diaz has been here since 2016. We didn't go from 7-6 to 8-5 this year; we went from 7-6 to 6-6 that accompanied loses from FIU, GT, UNC, Duke, and VT. Those teams went a combined 28-32 AND we became the only P5 team to lose to FIU. Nebraska lost 7 games, all to conference opponents, that went a combined 59-27 on the season.

It's a much easier sell to a recruit when a coach is now coaching at the school where he was their last national champion and has experience as a program builder. He's going to get the benefit of the doubt, plus he could argue from yr. 1 to yr. 2 Nebraska has already become more competitive and they need a few more pieces to get them back.

What can Diaz sell, honestly? All things are not the equal. Example: Saban can go 1-12 next year, and he will still pull in a top 6 class the following year. Why? B/c he has a proven track record. Diaz tried to sell an unknown commodity, including indirectly chitting on Richt on his way to the top by making a lot of innuendo-esq comments about the offense. Cool, so he tried to sell himself and these are the results. That's the problem none seem to understand; Diaz tried to sell HIMSELF b/c he has nothing else to sell b/c he has ZERO accomplishments. So if you're going to sell yourself, then dammit you better deliver, b/c if you don't.....THIS is going to be the results. This is a chess game, and Diaz is playing jacks.
Nothing other than he grew up in Miami.

Why do we refuse to recruit OTs? Should be 3 in this class and a guard or 2.

DB and WR big misses

One final point, if you trust Manny’s statements on the three freshman DTs, consider this: they looked good agaisnt our OL and manny isnt qualified to eval in any event.
I have only been asking this for ever.

Advertisement
I starting harping on evals on the old boards when Coker took Dave Howell’s commitment in early ‘02.

Our program will not be anywhere near back unless and until we fix two things: culture and evals. We can win with different schemes. We cannot win without culture and good evals. Mnny brings nothing.

I starting harping on evals on the old boards when Coker took Dave Howell’s commitment in early ‘02.

Our program will not be anywhere near back unless and until we fix two things: culture and evals. We can win with different schemes. We cannot win without culture and good evals. Mnny brings nothing.
Culture is BS that is slung when coaching incompetence is pervasive in the program. "Culture" wasn't a problem when Richt won 15 in a row. When he started losing and had no answers on offense then we started to see cracks in the culture despite the fact that the same guys were doing the coaching. You want good culture? Hire competent coaches who win and constantly have on-field answers when teams counter.

UF had a multiple time murderer on their roster along with Chris Rainey and Percy Harvin. The Pouncey brothers are POSs too. That culture was just fine because they won alot of games. When Urban couldn't hold it together anymore and they lost 5 games in his final year all of sudden the culture problem at UF was exposed. Maybe Tebow held that entire thing together. Your culture is only as good as how many games you win relative to expectations.

Last edited:
Culture is BS that is slung when coaching incompetence is pervasive in the program. "Culture" wasn't a problem when Richt won 15 in a row. When he started losing and had no answers on offense then we started to see cracks in the culture despite the fact that the same guys were doing the coaching. You want good culture? Hire competent coaches who win and constantly have on-field answers when teams counter.

UF had a multiple time murderer on their roster along with Chris Rainey and Percy Harvin. The Pouncey brothers are POSs too. That culture was just fine because they won alot of games. When Urban couldn't hold it together anymore and they lost 5 games in his final year all of sudden the culture problem at UF was exposed. Maybe Tebow held that entire thing together. Your culture is only as good as how many games you win relative to expectations.
If you think culture doesn’t matter, imo you ae just flat wrong.

culture doesn’t mean nice people having ice cream together. Aaron Hernandez was a heck of a football player, and meyer, like JJ in years past, jnew how to manage egos on great kids and hold teams together. Tebow helped. But it’s absolutely important that teams have pride, work ethic, toughness, resilience, determination and belief. That’s culture. Coaches help set it, absolutely. But it’s a discrete issue. It takes time to build. Matters in the military, in sports, in life, in business.

Advertisement
Back