Recruiting Chatter - 12/17 (AM Update)

Advertisement
Pretty soon you’ll be saying enjoy Louisiana Lafayette if we try to flip that WR and fail

I'm enjoying recruits like Knighton, Cheney, Worsham etc etc etc. I have zero time to think about kids that go elsewhere. I'm 100% sure those three kids I mentioned had plenty schools going after them and those fanbases aren't playing the " we got out recruited game " with each other. We have 20+ solids recruits with more to come. When you focus on what you dont have instead of what you have your missing the point.

I'm enjoying recruits like Knighton, Cheney, Worsham etc etc etc. I have zero time to think about kids that go elsewhere. I'm 100% sure those three kids I mentioned had plenty schools going after them and those fanbases aren't playing the " we got out recruited game " with each other. We have 20+ solids recruits with more to come. When you focus on what you dont have instead of what you have your missing the point.
@Andrew is that you???

Do you support Corch Manny Diaz and his Staphylococcus?

Advertisement
Your missing the point completely. We have **** near a full class and its early signing day. " Early "
Early signing day is virtually everything these days. We don’t lead for anyone of note for February. We did not fill massive needs at OL or CB and we will be scrambling for kids, once again, for lower down than who we could have had in the class. It’s the same story.

It’s all good guys that we’re gonna strike out bigly tmrrw...Manny’s still got his go to in the Portal in his back pocket...he can’t wait to inundate us with all those clever tweets and gifs to get us excited 🙄

Advertisement
Not saying it couldn’t be true, but I never knew Hyppolite was on the take. If true, then kudos to the staff for moving on( though they should still continue to keep contact with him in case he has a change of heart) but none the less we are still in a horrible predicament with CB, LB and especially OL. I’m still of the opinion this staff zeros in on targets and does not have viable backup plans when signing day approaches.
OL recruiting is just a colossal disaster. It’s like no one even bothers to recruit OL this year.

Don't think Miami is in bad shape at LB if it keeps Height. As I said that's 3 in the top 300. Agree on CB and OL. Then again- we knew Rumph isn't much of a recruiter. I am surprised anyone could be worse than Searles but Barry seems to have accomplished it. Miami's problem isn't Rumph- lots of schools have staff who are good at coaching and bad at recruiting. Barry isn't a good coach or recruiter so he has to go.

The main problem is they don't have an elite recruiter on staff who can be tasked with the hard cases. For Richt, it was Richt himself sitting down in the living room with parents and telling them that their son is in good hands (yeah I know it didn't pan out but that was his reputation). Miami doesn't have that guy. Even the local recruiting gurus have been saying it- they don't have anyone who connects with the kids. Blake Baker or Manny Diaz sitting in a living room in the Pork N Beans? Please. Rumph has all the charisma of a pink haired transgendered LBTQ activist screaming at a Peewee league football player to "end the patriarchy." If I was Alonzo Highsmith looking at the program, I'd tell Diaz he could keep one of the three- Banda, Patke, or Rumph. If he doesn't pick one of them, all 3 of the are gone. Personally, I'd keep Rumph given the choice of the other two. Then I'd throw money at Corey Raymond to be the DB coach. And if Ed Reed is actually serious about getting into coaching, I'd see if he was interested in working with the defense and special teams. Antonio Pierce is working as the LB Coach for Herm Edwards and supposedly is the reason that Flowe was looking at ASU. So it's not farfetched for an NFL player to be interested in being a position coach.

only hope we have is to win the bowl game while playing young guys to prove were in good shape to try to get some kids on NSD in FEB

Early signing day is virtually everything these days. We don’t lead for anyone of note for February. We did not fill massive needs at OL or CB and we will be scrambling for kids, once again, for lower down than who we could have had in the class. It’s the same story.

If you feel early signing day is everything great. If you feel its early signing day or bust that's your choice. We have currently 3 olinemen committed plus Reed is on the team again. That makes. Not to mention juco or portal. CB not sure what's going on. I'm pretty sure it will be addressed by National Signing Day. If not portal. We have 20+ recruits in this current class with more to join.

rivals has him number 9 and 247 14th right now. coming off a 6-6 year with losses to fiu and duke at end that's impressive actually.
Lol at this latest mongoloid mantra on here: Manure is doing a great job recruiting because he did such a historically awful job of coaching that he should have turned off every good recruit.

Advertisement
Who’s blocking for Cheney and Knighton? Rivers is a great start. We need four more.

I Find it funny how some try and discredit the class due to not finishing the cb/oline/linebacker groups yet but try to dismiss where we did hit on. Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t we not sign a rb in 2019? Didn’t we only sign 1 receiver in 2019. It was imperative that we hit big at rb(signing the best class in the country at the position) and then signing a good receiver class as well as a good talent at qb ,at oline with rivers and tight end to go along with it. And on the dline. The class is not finished yet obviously but we addressed some needs for sure, still time.

and let’s be real even if we did hit on the oline,linebacker, cb classes already and MISSED on the some of the spots we did address the moping *** Mfs would absolutely find a way to complain about that too🤷🏾‍♂️

Lol. So let me take you down memory lane really quick. Follow your boy:

What was our most pressing needs this season? Would you not agree it was OL and LB, followed by DB and DT?

Furthermore, we still recruited 1 WR in Redding this year. Lol. Worsham is legit an unknown w/ that hip injury as his production dipped tremendously.
If you want to continue to toot the horn about us recruiting two running backs, have it. We have a 5 star running back just sitting there now doing jack chit.

I mean, let's talk facts and not fan dreams. This is not a mope, this is reality. Reality is we have a class that addresses none of our concerns.

Advertisement
The only way Manny gets fired after year 2 is if the Highsmith rumor comes true & he's brought in to oversee football, which is highly unlikely. I think he'd get fired next year if we went 4-8 or 3-9, but if he has another 6/7 win season they'll try to keep him.

Our only hope is that Manuelito isn't a full fledged ****head that can't see the writing on the wall, if he doesn't start firing coaches & switch this staff up he's gonna go down as the worst coach in school history.

But either way, I fully expect Manny to finish his tenure here below .500, there's not a single scenario where I see him turning it around without making drastic & significant changes on both sides of the ball, he would have to fire Enox, Barry & Stubbs along multiple coaches on Defense who are all his buddies, and Manny doesn't strike me as the type to do that.

Either way, for the next 2 possibly 3 years we're fcked.
Spot on once again!!

Advertisement
Back