Recruiting and portal fix for you animals. Enjoy

Nope you didn’t. ****’s are just looking for reasons to complain about Gattis. They’re lurking in the background like rabid dogs. Next up, unrealistic expectations in year one.
U see the pattern wink 😉. I’m from Cleveland and a certain segment of Browns fans started the same preseason narrative to scapegoat the DC Joe Woods. They set it to if we have a bad season it’s Joe Woods fault. And embarrassingly the local media picked up the talking point as well. The microscope was placed on his defense the entire season while these same fan’s favorite, Baker Mayfield stunk up the joint and they still defending him.

Advertisement
Another issue is, posters just dont want to admit it but our WR corp aint that grand as it stands now. ****, some posters think we need to hit the portal to add another proven WR..Gattis said hes going to play to our strengths and as of now the strength is clearly the RB room and the TE room. If Gattis had the 2018 Bama WR corp (Jeudy, Waddle, Ruggs, DSmith) he coached when he was their WR coach then yeah..I would think he would be airing it out. But the only 2 names we have been hearing that have consistantly played well this Spring are Xman and George. Yeah I know we have TVD and hes playing lights out this Spring. But Im not that high on what we have heard from the WR group outside of those 2 names.

I think it's too early to tell. We've lost all our production, so of course it looks bad on paper.

But this isn't the UF Tight End situation. All three of the three amigos were ballers in high school. Restrepo carried his team on his back in high school and seems to always be open. He will catch his fair share of pitches. Keyshawn has flashed, could potentially be something.

I do think it's fair to say there's no obvious #1. Both Osborn and Rambo took over the room when they transferred in, we don't see that in Ladson, so he is clearly on a different trajectory. Hope he's not a bust. In general, we just don't know if the group overall will be great or just good enough.

I think it's too early to tell. We've lost all our production, so of course it looks bad on paper.

But this isn't the UF Tight End situation. All three of the three amigos were ballers in high school. Restrepo carried his team on his back in high school and seems to always be open. He will catch his fair share of pitches. Keyshawn has flashed, could potentially be something.

I do think it's fair to say there's no obvious #1. Both Osborn and Rambo took over the room when they transferred in, we don't see that in Ladson, so he is clearly on a different trajectory. Hope he's not a bust. In general, we just don't know if the group overall will be great or just good enough.
I can agree with this take. I guess I was responding to folks who are getting shook over the fact we MIGHT be running the ball a little more then throwing. We have 4 legit options at RB come Fall (and a 5th coming soon in Citizen)..I mean ****..what do people expect Gattis to do here? Lol.

I have no problem running the ball more than we throwing. When was that a problem in football? I want to be able to run when we want to and throw when we want to. We need a physical offense to toughen up our OL and toughen up our defense. You man find anything to complain about to be honest. Yall are gonna be mad when Gattis lights it up and gets a HC job or the NFL comes calling. Cuz that's where i see him heading.

Advertisement

Was going to bring this up in a pod coming up on an early look on 2024 crop but OSU is very involved with him and JoJo Trader. Smith in my opinion is the best pure receiver in his class locally and possibly the nation next year (He’s already better than majority of the stock of talent at WR for 2023 as it is, I’ve watched him up close a few times already), either him or Ryan Wingo from out of state are best in the nation next cycle. I’ve had a few coaches tell me Smith compares to a bigger Calvin Ridley. JoJo Trader is likely on this visit as well, along with Daemon ***an and Damari Brown. ***an is leaning OSU, Miami is not as high on ***an as others.

Other note on JoJo Trader, highly highly suggest watching what he did in the state title for Central. Incredible athlete and people are starting to take notice on the 7on7 circuit this off-season. Him and Jeremiah Smith both used to play at Monsignor Pace together. I believe Trader has even higher upside as a corner. I’ve had some of Traders coaches tell me he compares to the type of athlete Travis Hunter is who signed with JSU.

Advertisement
Innis seems like someone who wanna join a machine thats popping now. Which eliminates us and USC who are at the beginning of the rotation. Give me Brown and Williams to go with Robby and i still wanna flip Ray Ray simply because Clemson is in our conference and f them and plus he a bad boy. Then figure what Jean wanna do. I would take them 4 as covering size speed and technicians. Seymour may blow up as well so not counting him out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol, I know. I was just being sarcastic. The overreactions are grand, I was just messin’ w/ dude.

We are running pro style 100%. I heard that straight from the horses mouth yesterday. An interesting note he also mentioned. He said last year we had 10 passing concepts and 3 running plays. I asked him if he was serious and he said absolutely. He said they've already installed a much more expansive offense through the first few weeks of practice. Watching Van Dyke run it has been impressive. Restrepo is going to eat big in this offense!

We are running pro style 100%. I heard that straight from the horses mouth yesterday. An interesting note he also mentioned. He said last year we had 10 passing concepts and 3 running plays. I asked him if he was serious and he said absolutely. He said they've already installed a much more expansive offense through the first few weeks of practice. Watching Van Dyke run it has been impressive. Restrepo is going to eat big in this offense!
So jacked about the offense this year.

That's why it was so easy to stop on short yardage

Geo, thanks much for the podcast. I was surprised how frequently Ohio State was in the mix for our targets, seems way more than typical. I've always dismissed the midwest schools as second tier options for Florida kids, who would want to live in Columbus if they have a decent alternative, right? Are kids just taking free trips, is OSU dropping serious bags, what's behind that armpit of a school getting the attention of elite Florida talent?

Advertisement
Back