Recruiting and portal fix for you animals. Enjoy

Geo, thanks much for the podcast. I was surprised how frequently Ohio State was in the mix for our targets, seems way more than typical. I've always dismissed the midwest schools as second tier options for Florida kids, who would want to live in Columbus if they have a decent alternative, right? Are kids just taking free trips, is OSU dropping serious bags, what's behind that armpit of a school getting the attention of elite Florida talent?
The 2023 class in Ohio is unusually weak, so OSU is having to utilize even more recruiting resources out of state.

Advertisement
Y’all gonna have to forget about Diva Innis. We wouldn’t land him is Shula was the head coach and Marino was the Qb.

Getting Washington was huge. If we can grab Brown as well we’ll be in a really good spot.

I think it’s going to be Washington, Brown, and Jean to round it out.

We are running pro style 100%. I heard that straight from the horses mouth yesterday. An interesting note he also mentioned. He said last year we had 10 passing concepts and 3 running plays. I asked him if he was serious and he said absolutely. He said they've already installed a much more expansive offense through the first few weeks of practice. Watching Van Dyke run it has been impressive. Restrepo is going to eat big in this offense!
You heard this from Gattis or Cristobal?

We are running pro style 100%. I heard that straight from the horses mouth yesterday. An interesting note he also mentioned. He said last year we had 10 passing concepts and 3 running plays. I asked him if he was serious and he said absolutely. He said they've already installed a much more expansive offense through the first few weeks of practice. Watching Van Dyke run it has been impressive. Restrepo is going to eat big in this offense!
I believe it. A lot of teams run offenses that have very few plays, it's not really that uncommon. Especially with air raid & run and shoot type teams that want to go fast.

Im a fan of a more diverse playbook though. And don't forget, It also helps your defense when they see more concepts every day in practice.

Advertisement
Geo, thanks much for the podcast. I was surprised how frequently Ohio State was in the mix for our targets, seems way more than typical. I've always dismissed the midwest schools as second tier options for Florida kids, who would want to live in Columbus if they have a decent alternative, right? Are kids just taking free trips, is OSU dropping serious bags, what's behind that armpit of a school getting the attention of elite Florida talent?

@Geo305 , I don't remember hearing Taint's name for so many top Florida targets either.

I just checked 247 and they got Kenyata Jackson (that hurt!) and a couple others last cycle, But no one in 2021, 1 IMG kid in 2020, beat us out for Crowley in 2019, You need to go all the way back to 2018 when they got 4 kids, but even then, none were So FL.

What's up?

@Geo305 , I don't remember hearing Taint's name for so many top Florida targets either.

I just checked 247 and they got Kenyata Jackson (that hurt!) and a couple others last cycle, But no one in 2021, 1 IMG kid in 2020, beat us out for Crowley in 2019, You need to go all the way back to 2018 when they got 4 kids, but even then, none were So FL.

What's up?
Urban didn’t like recruiting sofla kids. He signed a bit a FLA, but got away from it

Advertisement
I believe it. A lot of teams run offenses that have very few plays, it's not really that uncommon. Especially with air raid & run and shoot type teams that want to go fast.

Im a fan of a more diverse playbook though. And don't forget, It also helps your defense when they see more concepts every day in practice.

2 of the 3 Running plays Lashlee had were left over the center and right over the center….trying to figure out what the 3rd one was…maybe the QB scramble..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Y’all gonna have to forget about Diva Innis. We wouldn’t land him is Shula was the head coach and Marino was the Qb.

Getting Washington was huge. If we can grab Brown as well we’ll be in a really good spot.

I think it’s going to be Washington, Brown, and Jean to round it out.
Only 3 receivers? I just don’t see that from a numbers standpoint unless we’re portaling for another multi year receiver

Only 3 receivers? I just don’t see that from a numbers standpoint unless we’re portaling for another multi year receiver
3 would be fine, 4 makes more sense cause of the amount of local talent. We have So many other glaring holes to patch up

Advertisement
Back