Recruiting and portal fix for you animals. Enjoy

As I mentioned in the pod about Olaus Alinen. He released his final 4 today of Miami, Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State. Coaches really want him in this class.
6543A883-C981-46AC-95A6-7F81CD021537.png

Whatever bruh, let’s blade.

Advertisement
Well there’s two linebackers coming. After today’s scrimmage it looks like we could use another DE on top of the UCLA kid and two quality DT”s to rebuild the front 7. Any names for DT?

Advertisement
It’s likely Miami is taking a WR(I know the name but can’t release for obvious reason, OL, 2 DE, 2 LB. CB is still up for debate, if someone is really really good, they will go for it. They want to win now and strike while iron is hot.

I’ve been told up to potentially 8 more additions.

It’s likely Miami is taking a WR(I know the name but can’t release for obvious reason, OL, 2 DE, 2 LB. CB is still up for debate, if someone is really really good, they will go for it. They want to win now and strike while iron is hot.

Wow 2 more DEs possible on top of Agude coming, that says alot about our current room

Wow 2 more DEs possible on top of Agude coming, that says alot about our current room
Harvey had a really good scrimmage but Miami also really needs help at RT, that the spot on the Oline that questionable. Chantz was getting pressure and Thomas Davis has been playing very very well lately but the room just needs more.

Advertisement

Would rather get 1 more DE and a DT than 2 more DEs, but I definitely agree with hitting the portal for the other spots.

Advertisement
Would rather get 1 more DE and a DT than 2 more DEs, but I definitely agree with hitting the portal for the other spots.

Agree. Staff obviously thinks we just need quality bodies due to overall lack of depth. My guess is DE will get a nod over DT if the staff had to choose due to really bad depth. At least with DTs we have a solid 2 deep (hutch, JHH, LT, Miller) although adding one young portal guy would be nice so he can provide some depth this year and push to be a quality backup and eventual starter in year 2/3.

So when do we start seeing players transfer out? Can’t add 8 more without players leaving. I’ve said for a while that we need to find somebody that can play RT, I don’t trust scaife and Campbell coming off a injury is too much of an ask.

Advertisement
So when do we start seeing players transfer out? Can’t add 8 more without players leaving. I’ve said for a while that we need to find somebody that can play RT, I don’t trust scaife and Campbell coming off a injury is too much of an ask.
I really wish we could get an extended look at Campbell for guard. Just doesn't have good footwork for tackle. Not sure if we can find a surefire instant starting caliber RT in the portal but if someone becomes available we should definitely pounce.

Spring game is on the 16th, I’d imagine shortly after, which also coincides with the end of the semester.

Last edited:
I really wish we could get an extended look at Campbell for guard. Just doesn't have good footwork for tackle. Not sure if we can find a surefire instant starting caliber RT in the portal but if someone becomes available we should definitely pounce.
I thought Tyler steen the Vandy transfer could be good at RT but they never made a move on him.

I thought Tyler steen the Vandy transfer could be good at RT but they never made a move on him.
Initially I questioned that too but then I remembered we have essentially o line coaches so if they decode not to aggressively pursue I will trust their judgment.

Advertisement
Back