Recruiting and portal fix for you animals. Enjoy

Advertisement
The staff definitely was on Steen. That is who they wanted. We are going to take OL transfer's. You can't turn these average OL into studs in 2 months with good coaching. We need better talent on the OL. I don't care what is being said about Scaife. He will not be the starting RT. A transfer will. We need more than 1 OL.

That’s what she said
Got You Smile GIF

Advertisement
Don't worry we got Fletcher & Baxter coming in next year to follow Citizen in this class, we got some game changers
Nah Young is a different breed.....those guys good but Young got those jets and one cut ability. He's the top guy I go after. U need those mcGahee types. This the type of kid who goes to bama and goes in the first. The other guys are good but this is that guy imo. He would eat the ACC and good comp for breakfast

Advertisement
Nah Young is a different breed.....those guys good but Young got those jets and one cut ability. He's the top guy I go after. U need those mcGahee types. This the type of kid who goes to bama and goes in the first. The other guys are good but this is that guy imo. He would eat the ACC and good comp for breakfast
Baxter looks outright faster and is bigger. Young looks more agile. I’ve said this previously, go watch Dalvin Cook’s film and right after watch Baxter’s juniors film.

Baxter looks outright faster and is bigger. Young looks more agile. I’ve said this previously, go watch Dalvin Cook’s film and right after watch Baxter’s juniors film.
I think Young is more like Dalvin but I guess we will revisit this one. Young looks explosive low center of gravity fast af as well. Let's see how the SR year plays out

Baxter is as good as Young. He just has more experience playing RB. Baxter is probably a little faster, Young a little more leg power. He is a prototype Bama back. It is wild and the incompetence in the state that Bama has a better chance at that kid than the 3 powers in state. These top kids don't even mention FSU. Just to show u the job Mario did in a few months.

Advertisement
We are running pro style 100%. I heard that straight from the horses mouth yesterday. An interesting note he also mentioned. He said last year we had 10 passing concepts and 3 running plays. I asked him if he was serious and he said absolutely. He said they've already installed a much more expansive offense through the first few weeks of practice. Watching Van Dyke run it has been impressive. Restrepo is going to eat big in this offense!
That’s about what I thought.

@Geo305 I know things are fluid(guys going to be coming and going) but what’s are roster numbers at? Are we 4 over the 85 limit with the addition of Agude? Thanks

Advertisement
Running game was awful!
I wonder why we only had three running plays. Was the Oline that bad? Could they not learn any other plays? Did the RBs suck? That makes absolutely no sense. Three running plays and 10 passing concepts. No wonder we were so predictable. It’s a wonder TVD and the WRs did as well as they did considering. And it’s not surprising the RBs weren’t that great either…

Another issue is, posters just dont want to admit it but our WR corp aint that grand as it stands now. ****, some posters think we need to hit the portal to add another proven WR..Gattis said hes going to play to our strengths and as of now the strength is clearly the RB room and the TE room. If Gattis had the 2018 Bama WR corp (Jeudy, Waddle, Ruggs, DSmith) he coached when he was their WR coach then yeah..I would think he would be airing it out. But the only 2 names we have been hearing that have consistantly played well this Spring are Xman and George. Yeah I know we have TVD and hes playing lights out this Spring. But Im not that high on what we have heard from the WR group outside of those 2 names.

As far as recruiting, you guys have to be kidding me, right? Its April 1st! APRIL!! NSD is 10 months away! (The real NSD). **** ESD, is 8 months away! This is the downside of having so much early momentum. Posters get nervous WAY too early. All we need to do is lockdown our QB..and sit back and wait on everyone else..no matter how long it takes. Getting Rashada before April is over is key ill admit. Everyone else just sit back and let things play out. There is so much time in this thing its ridicolous.

Some of you guys wont make it if many of our tops targets come out and say they arent deciding until Feb 2023. LMAO! You guys might have heart attacks. Dont panic.
The WR room may not be elite, but is it serviceable?

We have an elite QB. He's going make the WRs better. I don't think we abandon them. Looking at our competition, we should only run into problems at WR against TAMU and Clemson.

Comparing this year to last year, we are minus Rambo and Harley. Everyone else should improve thru coaching and maturity.

So, we're basically looking to replace the production of 2 guys. That can come from multiple guys not just 2. I'm looking for George, Brinson, Ladson, Worsham, Redding and both Smith's to all take that next step.

Maybe all of them don't. I believe enough of them will to equal or exceed (as a group) the production of Rambo and Harley. I would argue that collectively, they will exceed last year's production.

The WR core had ruffly 2,150 yards last year. Rambo and Harley had 1,172 and 543 for a total of 1,715 of the 2,150 WR yards. Rambo and Harley were 80% of the WR offense.

I believe the WR group will exceed 2,000 yards and may even eclipse 2,200. We just don't know who the guys are that will stat those numbers.

I think the issue with the CIS family is which prism are we looking at the team?

Are we at championship level? No, and everyone knows that.

Do we have enough to get to the ACC title game? Yes.

Win the ACC? Maybe.

Win 10 games? Yes, the schedule is not difficult outside of 2 games. Doesn't mean we'll win 10 games, but we should given the opponents.

At this point we don't have any identifiable elite WRs outside of perhaps Restrepo. It doesn't mean we don't have any. All the other guys just haven't had development and playing time. I think by the end of Fall camp we'll have multiple capable WRs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back