Recruiting and portal fix for you animals. Enjoy

Advertisement
Yeah probably because of the wing T BS Gattis talking about! Offense wasn’t broken last year, why come and blow it up!?!
You blow it up because a). he has his own offensive approach b). there was NO run game last year c). Gattis has very creative blocking schemes to create effective run gains c). He WILL be using the QB's to put up points but will focus on having a more BALANCED offense so the opposing defenses HAVE TO RESPECT the run and cover it ... unlike last year. Offensive production overall should improve. Both QB's are apparently looking REALLY good in practice. Excited for this offense and this season.

Although I am pleased to see how well we have positioned ourselves with regard to the elite prospects like Brown, Bryant, Wade, Hill, McClain, Williams, Hicks, Young, Baxter etc ...This update has served to be a bit of a wakeup call for me. Look this program has grown leaps and bounds over the last 4 months we have a commitment to excellence, we have an elite staff that is made up of serious recruiters led by Mario who is the definition of elite recruiter. We have money to spend on anything we require. We have a billionaire booster. We are in the process of upgrading everything we can upgrade. We have a ton to offer and people have noticed. The elite high school players around the country have noticed. We have a ton to be thankful for.

Having said all of that this update made it very clear to me that as far as we have come in such a short time that we have a way to go before we are truly competing with these Blueblood programs like Alabama and Georgia. I fully expect to have a great top 10 class when all is said and done in 2023 but to land a top 3 class requires proof of concept or in other words we have to prove that the product on the field is seriously improving. I have no doubt that it will improve regardless of what conventional wisdom says about Mario the game day coach. He hired an amazing staff and that is going to pay huge dividends on GameDay. The bottom line is that we should expect a great great class but don't be too disappointed or shocked if we aren't able to land every elite prospect in each position group. Those other programs like Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State, Texas, Texas ATM, Oklahoma, Florida, Oregon, USC, LSU, Auburn and even FSU are going to be there competing with us for basically the same kids so this won't be easy and this won't be solved overnight. We are surely on the way but don't lose sight of the fact that we still have a lot of work to do. The difference is that this time is different and we will get there. Believe it. Go Canes!
Mario says there’s a lot of work yet to be done almost every time he speaks. What he’s done in just a few short months is astounding, but overcoming the mediocrity of the last 20 years or so will take some time. One thing we know for sure is Mario will be relentless.

Advertisement
You blow it up because a). he has his own offensive approach b). there was NO run game last year c). Gattis has very creative blocking schemes to create effective run gains c). He WILL be using the QB's to put up points but will focus on having a more BALANCED offense so the opposing defenses HAVE TO RESPECT the run and cover it ... unlike last year. Offensive production overall should improve. Both QB's are apparently looking REALLY good in practice. Excited for this offense and this season.
I get that, but you don’t need to be in 11 or 12 personnel all the time to run. Just because the last OC sucked at the run game out of spread form’s doesn’t mean it won’t work here or that the offense is soft like some are saying. It was just that he ran the same run play up the gut on every first down lol. There was no creativity at all. Even the Goat Satan changed his offense to a more modern offense. And we have a top 5-7 QB

It's not outdated. . . .considering Lincoln Riley had great success with wing T concepts and Josh Gattis runs his wing t from the gun and pistol, there are obvious enhancements made to the offense. But sure, if in your head you are expecting veer right and veer left (not wing t) then yeah outdated..but that isnt what you will get from Josh Gattis. He uses plenty of motion. He had a great OL and RB and that influenced the play calling this past year. With TVD and a weaker o line, you will see more quick pass concepts and misdirection.
A coach who schemes to his strengths. Refreshing. I think Gattis going to be a great coach and play-caller for the Canes. I'm most excited about run game diversity. I think we see a lot of pass TDs with no one near the receiver due to the run game, misdirection & motion.

Go Canes!

If i had to choose an ambassador for this class, I’d choose him. Natural leader and a pure dawg

I got laughed at when I suggested he could be the dude people were hinting at. But the hints were someone who was massive. He would be the perfect ambassador.

Advertisement
I get that, but you don’t need to be in 11 or 12 personnel all the time to run. Just because the last OC sucked at the run game out of spread form’s doesn’t mean it won’t work here or that the offense is soft like some are saying. It was just that he ran the same run play up the gut on every first down lol. There was no creativity at all. Even the Goat Satan changed his offense to a more modern offense. And we have a top 5-7 QB
You have NO IDEA of what Gattis' offense will look like until you see it. Using 3 TE ... especially since Skinner is looking impressive in practice ... might be one of the best ways to help the passing game as well as the run game.

I got laughed at when I suggested he could be the dude people were hinting at. But the hints were someone who was massive. He would be the perfect ambassador.
Given what was said earlier in the podcast, it just didn’t seem like it would be him. He didn’t say it was a SFLA kid either which makes me think that it’s Freeling.

@Geo305 how worries are you about being priced out on NIL. Are kids seeing the bigger picture on what Miami at its best can do for CFB / their own $$$. Or are we seriously trailing SEC? Been working on some NIL stuff behind the scenes and would appreciate any benchmarking you have.
This is my concern as well. I know we have Ruiz and some other boosters that are giving out deals to the kids and that is great, but so far - at least from what we have heard - is deals in the $50K ballpark. Again, that is great but it is small potatoes compared to some of the deals that we are hearing about. I get that the $8M deals are very much the exception, but there is a lot of room between $50K and $8M and imagine that $50K deals are not going to be competitive for most kids that we are trying to get.

Also, so far we have only heard about people already on the team getting deals, nothing about recruits. Hopefully they are just keeping things quiet and this is all going on in the background.

Don't get me wrong, it's awesome that we got Mario and expect us to do much better than if we didn't have him, but am still worried not that we are sending him with a knife into gun fight, but maybe more like a gun fight where everyone has varying levels of guns and even though Mario is a sharpshooter, he only has a revolver (I am not a gun person, so apologies if this analogy is weak).

Advertisement
I have differences with Gattis as far as scheme, too. But that's history. He's too smart a coach not to incorporate things that worked really well in last year's passing game.

TVD is a better QB than he's had. That alone will allow more flexibility.

Our OL is much, much weaker than Michigan's. That will demand flexibility.

I'll evaluate when we go live.
Understandable and fair. I personally think that the offense will be excellent but that's me. I get where the concern comes in.

A coach who schemes to his strengths. Refreshing. I think Gattis going to be a great coach and play-caller for the Canes. I'm most excited about run game diversity. I think we see a lot of pass TDs with no one near the receiver due to the run game, misdirection & motion.

Go Canes!
I agree 100%

Because you run your own scheme.

You guys getting your draws all up your ******* haven't even seen a practice let alone a game.

Let the product on the field be the final judgment.
No, you don't "Run your own scheme."

You run the best scheme that maximizes your strengths and masks your weaknesses.

Anyone excited to have the Wing T implemented in 2022 AD is a certified ******.

Lashlees system last year with these new offensive line coaches and more creative run plays would be fine.

Does Mario think his Heisman QB running the Wing T can compete against Bama, UGA, Clemson, OSU...?

Advertisement
Given what was said earlier in the podcast, it just didn’t seem like it would be him. He didn’t say it was a SFLA kid either which makes me think that it’s Freeling.
I thought the same thing. Geo earlier in the podcast said he's not going to end up here. IDK how he could be the imminent commit unless something changed mid-recording!

No, you don't "Run your own scheme."

You run the best scheme that maximizes your strengths and masks your weaknesses.

Anyone excited to have the Wing T implemented in 2022 AD is a certified ******.

Lashlees system last year with these new offensive line coaches and more creative run plays would be fine.

Does Mario think his Heisman QB running the Wing T can compete against Bama, UGA, Clemson, OSU...?

Did I miss where Mario/Gattis came out and said we are running the Wing T?

Advertisement
Back