Recruiting and portal fix for you animals. Enjoy

@Geo305 how worries are you about being priced out on NIL. Are kids seeing the bigger picture on what Miami at its best can do for CFB / their own $$$. Or are we seriously trailing SEC? Been working on some NIL stuff behind the scenes and would appreciate any benchmarking you have.

Advertisement
You'd think I'd be used to Miami fans watching our team suck then saying we're too good to take a stud who didn't pick us first.
Whether we suck or not, we should not local kids leave thinking they can just come back if things don’t work out for them.

I get that but some outdated wing t type here? Idk man
It's not outdated. . . .considering Lincoln Riley had great success with wing T concepts and Josh Gattis runs his wing t from the gun and pistol, there are obvious enhancements made to the offense. But sure, if in your head you are expecting veer right and veer left (not wing t) then yeah outdated..but that isnt what you will get from Josh Gattis. He uses plenty of motion. He had a great OL and RB and that influenced the play calling this past year. With TVD and a weaker o line, you will see more quick pass concepts and misdirection.

Advertisement
It's not outdated. . . .considering Lincoln Riley had great success with wing T concepts and Josh Gattis runs his wing t from the gun and pistol, there are obvious enhancements made to the offense. But sure, if in your head you are expecting veer right and veer left (not wing t) then yeah outdated..but that isnt what you will get from Josh Gattis. He uses plenty of motion. He had a great OL and RB and that influenced the play calling this past year. With TVD and a weaker o line, you will see more quick pass concepts and misdirection.
You have to understand that some people equate certain formations to being old not knowing or recognizing many of the older formations are or have been slightly modified for the modern game. Many of the spread systems are derivations of Run and Shoot and Air Coryal. Same for San Fran running game. The key with any system is the personnel.

Not as positive as I thought but it's early. Just got to keep chopping wood.

As for the transfer portal, dam Mario doesn't like our personnel. Possibly 3 more bodies, that's a complete overhaul.

Advertisement
Yall man funny to me. Yall think Cristobal is gonna be like oh we can just get top 10, allow that player to go there and there. Its Bama we have no chance. Kids are giving interviews and players we are 200% in for are not even mentioning Miami. Relax. We didn't go out and get some mid staff. We went and got wolves and now we hunt. All the schools who were banging while we were playing around, gonna have to prove it to me now. And i dont wanna hear nothing bout winning. UNC have never won **** and they jad a top 10 class coming off a bum season. Clemson got Dabo and never won crap before that and start recruiting, Texas A&M, UGA. All of them had no memory of winning nothing. It takes beast and relentless recruiters to get kids and i believe we have that. We'll be fine.

Yall didn't learn from...oh no one wants to work for Mario. We took a playoff team OC who won the Broyles award. Strong is a 2 time HC as LB coach. And we took a playoff team DB coach...want more? Relax. We'll be fine

I agree 100%. What we do against TamU and Clemson will determine how many big fish we catch. We need to play well against those two and get to/play well/win the ACC.

We can't get blown out by TamU and Clemson, then make the ACC title game and expect the top recruits come. We need to give them a reason. We need to show them we are competitive with the top teams in college football. A win against TamU and/or Clemson will open the door for a lot of good will.
Absolutely!

All of that was stuff @Geo305 or others have hinted on this board outside of a couple of small things here and there. The biggest thing I got out of it was at the end and that was, paraphrasing here, but that we made a big move with a recruit previously not high on us, to the point that they may commit soon?
I 👀 ⬆️ at that comment too. I’m thinking someone who has been a UGA lean.

Advertisement
I've said it a few times and I'll say it again. Recruiting is the least of our worries my friends. In my Joel Embiid voice. Trust the process:) Good night!
At Home Reaction GIF by IKEA USA

Although I am pleased to see how well we have positioned ourselves with regard to the elite prospects like Brown, Bryant, Wade, Hill, McClain, Williams, Hicks, Young, Baxter etc ...This update has served to be a bit of a wakeup call for me. Look this program has grown leaps and bounds over the last 4 months we have a commitment to excellence, we have an elite staff that is made up of serious recruiters led by Mario who is the definition of elite recruiter. We have money to spend on anything we require. We have a billionaire booster. We are in the process of upgrading everything we can upgrade. We have a ton to offer and people have noticed. The elite high school players around the country have noticed. We have a ton to be thankful for.

Having said all of that this update made it very clear to me that as far as we have come in such a short time that we have a way to go before we are truly competing with these Blueblood programs like Alabama and Georgia. I fully expect to have a great top 10 class when all is said and done in 2023 but to land a top 3 class requires proof of concept or in other words we have to prove that the product on the field is seriously improving. I have no doubt that it will improve regardless of what conventional wisdom says about Mario the game day coach. He hired an amazing staff and that is going to pay huge dividends on GameDay. The bottom line is that we should expect a great great class but don't be too disappointed or shocked if we aren't able to land every elite prospect in each position group. Those other programs like Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State, Texas, Texas ATM, Oklahoma, Florida, Oregon, USC, LSU, Auburn and even FSU are going to be there competing with us for basically the same kids so this won't be easy and this won't be solved overnight. We are surely on the way but don't lose sight of the fact that we still have a lot of work to do. The difference is that this time is different and we will get there. Believe it. Go Canes!

Although I am pleased to see how well we have positioned ourselves with regard to the elite prospects like Brown, Bryant, Wade, Hill, McClain, Williams, Hicks, Young, Baxter etc ...This update has served to be a bit of a wakeup call for me. Look this program has grown leaps and bounds over the last 4 months we have a commitment to excellence, we have an elite staff that is made up of serious recruiters led by Mario who is the definition of elite recruiter. We have money to spend on anything we require. We have a billionaire booster. We are in the process of upgrading everything we can upgrade. We have a ton to offer and people have noticed. The elite high school players around the country have noticed. We have a ton to be thankful for.

Having said all of that this update made it very clear to me that as far as we have come in such a short time that we have a way to go before we are truly competing with these Blueblood programs like Alabama and Georgia. I fully expect to have a great top 10 class when all is said and done in 2023 but to land a top 3 class requires proof of concept or in other words we have to prove that the product on the field is seriously improving and I have no doubt that it will improve regardless of what conventional wisdom says about Mario the game day coach. He hired an amazing staff and that is going to pay huge dividends on GameDay. The bottom line is that we should expect a great great class but don't be too disappointed or shocked if we aren't able to land every elite prospect in each position group. Those other programs like Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State, Texas, Texas ATM, Oklahoma, Florida, Oregon, USC, LSU, Auburn and even FSU are going to be there competing with us for basically the same kids so this won't be easy and this won't be solved overnight. We are surely on the way but don't lose sight of the fact that we still have a lot of work to do. The difference is that this time is different and we will get there. Believe it. Go Canes!
Well Texas 8&4 just signed the best class in the history of college football per rankings.

I guarantee Mario is going to be ****ed if we don't land a top 5 class. Insidetheu guys keep saying their sources around the program expect a top 5 class This year.

Advertisement
Well Texas 8&4 just signed the best class in the history of college football per rankings.

I guarantee Mario is going to be ****ed if we don't lane a top 5 class.
And I would absolutely expect him to be ****ed. Look. Mario is a competitor and he is gunning for the #1 class. If we get a top 5 class I won't be surprised but all I meant is to not get too disappointed if we don't land a top 3 class this time. I think the 2024 and 2025 classes will be top 5.

I'll be ecstatic if we land a top 5 class. Frankly I'm sick of Alabama, Georgia and to a lesser extent Ohio St and Clemson just getting whoever they want. It's no secret that we are in a great position with WR Jalen Brown but not so fast cuz here comes Nik in his helicopter. Same with many others. It just gets old. I want so bad to beat those ***kers head to head for not just 1 but several of these elite kids. It's time for someone to knock them off their high horse.

Last edited:

Anyone interested in being a partner you can reach out to me. DraftKings is endorsing the pod after this release.

That was a great update. Thanks. It's most appreciated. Getting in the game with LB Troy Bowles was a surprise as well as S Eugene Wilson. Seems like we're in a great position with a lot of these elite recruits and you can tell it's genuine unlike with past staffs. Need to get commits from kids like Bain, Brown, Fletcher and especially Rashada to be the class ambassador. Starting with those kids in the fold will give us a strong base in terms of influence with others.

Todd bowles just getting the HC of the Bucs might make it a little easier to try and land his son Troy, who is #4 ranked LB
Facts. Although to a kid in his position, there will be a ton of factors that goes into his school of choice.

This kid is essentially set for life already with at the bare minimum a job in the NFL post college/playing career.

Education and trust of the coaching staff is likely going to play a big role in his decision.

Advertisement
Back