Really, Just How Good Is This "D'Eriq King" Guy?

Advertisement
Potential tough 2020 games IMO:

UNC-Potential 10 win team. Finished strong last year, had 7 wins overall. Returns a Top 5, Heisman caliber QB in Sam Howell who put up 3700 yards, 38 TDs and 7 INTs last season. This is going to be a tough, good game.

FSU-Should be four straight for us but it's a natural rivalry game that is historically a tight game decided in the fourth quarter, regardless of record.

At UVA-Bronco is in year five there. Win totals under him are 2, 6, 8 then 9 last year. Defense will be solid with 8 returning upperclassmen.

At VT-We will be the better team but will be our fourth straight conference game without a bye week at a place they've usually played us tough, especially at night. No idea what to expect from that team going into next season. 8 wins last year but they've had major transfer issues. Tricky game based on location and when it's scheduled.

MSU-Historically good defensive team but new coaching staff and inept offensively. Our defense should eat.

I'm not dragging King down, bit resort list based on non-P5 QBs. King has not consistently faced the level of competition as the QBs you mentioned.

Doesn't mean he won't do great things for the Hurricanes, but comparing his stats with those you offered is not quite apples to apples.

Going back as far as I can find for this stat (2006), not a single non-Power 5 QB had a better TD-per-game mark than King posted in 2018.

Even with several other non-P5 QBs going against this lower level of competition, King was the only one of them able to post a better TD-per-game stat than all 19 QBs on my original list.

The guy is just pure ****.

Last edited:
Going back as far as I can find for this stat (2006), not a single non-Power 5 QB had a better TD-per-game mark than King posted in 2018.

Even with several other non-P5 QBs going against this lower level of competition, King was the only one of them able to post a better TD-per-game stat than all 19 QBs on my original list.

The guy is just pure ****.

NOW we are getting somewhere. Compared to like data sets, D King still came out swinga-dinga-ling.

Encouraging to now see how he will fare against P5 opponents.

Fo shizzle my nizzle.

Did King led Houston shred any Ds that also stifled a legitimate P5 squad that year?

Im far too lazy to look.

Advertisement
  • As we've all heard, in his last (somewhat) full season of work, King scored 50 total TDs in only 11 games.

• That sounds pretty **** on paper and personally my Under Armour 6" Boxerjocks are starting to pulsate with excitement, but what do those numbers really mean?

• King's 50 TDs were only 4 less than that year's Heisman Trophy winner and future #1 overall pick, Kyler Murray.

• Murray played in 3 more games than King.

• In fact, in King's 50 TD-shortened season, he scored more or the same amount of total touchdowns than all of these QBs did in their best seasons, despite playing 2-4 less games than all of them:

• Tua Tagovailoa
  • Trevor Lawrence
  • Baker Mayfield (Heisman season)
  • Deshaun Watson
  • Dak Prescott
  • Johnny Manziel (Heisman season)
  • Jameis Winston (Heisman season)
  • Robert Griffin (Heisman season)
  • Tim Tebow (Heisman season)

• What about recent QBs who outscored King in a season?

• Well fvck them, too.

• King accounted for roughly 4.5 TDs per game in 2018. That per game average tops the best seasons by:

• Joe Burrow (Heisman season)
  • Jalen Hurts
  • Justin Fields
  • Kyler Murray (Heisman season)
  • Lamar Jackson (Heisman season)
  • Patrick Mahommes
  • Dwayne Haskins
  • Marcus Mariota (Heisman season)
  • Cam Newton (Heisman season)
  • Sam Bradford (Heisman season)

• King finds himself besting an absolutely eye-opening list of Heisman winners and first round draft picks. He's in the company of a murderer's row of the most elite and impressive college QBs of the last several years.

• There is no other way to say it other than to say the data suggests that D'Eriq King is one of the most dynamic offensive players in all of modern college football.

• Miami has not had a bonafide, elite playmaker and surefire stud at QB in decades.

• Of the 19 QB's I listed above, 16 of them won 11 or more games in their best season.

The Takeaway:

• Manny Diaz has one of the deadliest playmakers at the QB position in the last 15 years of college football.

• He is being paired with an OC who just finished guiding an offense to a top 10 finish in both total yards and total points scored.

• Credit to Manny for bringing these two into the program this off-season, as unlike Tate and Enos, King and Lashlee bring with them on-field and in-game proof of success.

• Barring an injury to King, anything less than 10+ wins would be an abject failure and indisputable evidence that a head coaching change is immediately necessary.

Quick Summary:

*If Manny doesn't win big this year he's a ******.*

Funny.

I don't FEEL depressed. At all . . .

We look great on paper...again. Are we good enough to overcome the ncaahole obstacles? We use to, too long ago, make that shiit our biitch! Mental toughness, coupled w/ über capabilities defined our brand! Hence our troops shining in the league when the playing field was leveled. Expect adversity when []_[] play for Us! It'll prepare for more than football!

Advertisement
Who scares you on this schedule? At Mich. St, home against FSU? Road trip late to VaTech possibly. Thinking the problem is my expectations of old and now are only hopes...

Nailed it 100%

9 wins or less with this schedule should be mandatory termination (keep lashlee at all costs if he isnt any sort of issue)

I don't think we need King to be superman. He just needs to get the ball in the playmakers hands, they are there just unproven at this level. Keep the chains moving and keep stacking together drives that are 6 or 7 plays long on average. If he can help guide the offense to 35 points per game we're going to be tough to beat.

• As we've all heard, in his last (somewhat) full season of work, King scored 50 total TDs in only 11 games.

• That sounds pretty **** on paper and personally my Under Armour 6" Boxerjocks are starting to pulsate with excitement, but what do those numbers really mean?

• King's 50 TDs were only 4 less than that year's Heisman Trophy winner and future #1 overall pick, Kyler Murray.

• Murray played in 3 more games than King.

• In fact, in King's 50 TD-shortened season, he scored more or the same amount of total touchdowns than all of these QBs did in their best seasons, despite playing 2-4 less games than all of them:

• Tua Tagovailoa
  • Trevor Lawrence
  • Baker Mayfield (Heisman season)
  • Deshaun Watson
  • Dak Prescott
  • Johnny Manziel (Heisman season)
  • Jameis Winston (Heisman season)
  • Robert Griffin (Heisman season)
  • Tim Tebow (Heisman season)

• What about recent QBs who outscored King in a season?

• Well fvck them, too.

• King accounted for roughly 4.5 TDs per game in 2018. That per game average tops the best seasons by:

• Joe Burrow (Heisman season)
  • Jalen Hurts
  • Justin Fields
  • Kyler Murray (Heisman season)
  • Lamar Jackson (Heisman season)
  • Patrick Mahommes
  • Dwayne Haskins
  • Marcus Mariota (Heisman season)
  • Cam Newton (Heisman season)
  • Sam Bradford (Heisman season)

• King finds himself besting an absolutely eye-opening list of Heisman winners and first round draft picks. He's in the company of a murderer's row of the most elite and impressive college QBs of the last several years.

• There is no other way to say it other than to say the data suggests that D'Eriq King is one of the most dynamic offensive players in all of modern college football.

• Miami has not had a bonafide, elite playmaker and surefire stud at QB in decades.

• Of the 19 QB's I listed above, 16 of them won 11 or more games in their best season.

The Takeaway:

• Manny Diaz has one of the deadliest playmakers at the QB position in the last 15 years of college football.

• He is being paired with an OC who just finished guiding an offense to a top 10 finish in both total yards and total points scored.

• Credit to Manny for bringing these two into the program this off-season, as unlike Tate and Enos, King and Lashlee bring with them on-field and in-game proof of success.

• Barring an injury to King, anything less than 10+ wins would be an abject failure and indisputable evidence that a head coaching change is immediately necessary.

Quick Summary:

*If Manny doesn't win big this year he's a ******.*
Now go back through all that data and tell me if any of those guys had an oline as bad as ours.

Advertisement
His numbers vs P5 teams are average so calm down with the inflated numbers. Now if he gives us 25 total tds this season we will be in contention for the Acc championship.

His numbers vs P5 teams are average so calm down with the inflated numbers. Now if he gives us 25 total tds this season we will be in contention for the Acc championship.
Only so much you can do vs a power 5 school with group of 5 talent around you on your team... that’s common sense. Plus he has like 12 or 14 total tds 0 ints vs the power 5 schools he’s played against

Advertisement
There will be some ranked teams on our schedule.

UNC is returning the best freshman ever at QB. Also returning his top 3 WR and his top two RBs.

They have potential to be top 15ish all season, probably the Preseason coastal favorite

The only 2 teams the last 2 years we’ve played that have finished ranked are our 2 SEC opponents. UF and LSU.

Considering that we play MSU as our “big” OOC game this year, I think there’s definitely a possibility we’ll play zero teams that finish ranked.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back