Really, Just How Good Is This "D'Eriq King" Guy?

King probably had a more talented offensive line at Houston, and that’s not even an exaggeration.

I’m a huge believer in D’Eriq King, and I’m a big believer in the new scheme. But that doesn’t change the fact that we have garbage on the o line.

I happen to think that offensive line is the most important unit in football. You can change the scheme and hide some of the flaws, and if your QB can scramble so much the better....but at the end of the day, it’s like putting makeup on Rosanne Barr. You can’t hide ugly.

I’ve never seen a team win 10 games with an offensive line that’s this bad. So I’m not counting on it. But here’s to hoping I’m wrong.
I agree our line looked BRUTAL last year. I also believe it was the worst possible scenario for all involved. Things will be better this year, and I mean a lot better. This O will play to our strengths, and cover our weaknesses. Last year, we exposed our own weaknesses as if they were a strength. It was the most bizarre thing I have seen as a football fan. You have a true freshman, undersized LT and he got practically no help. All year we were like, "What the **** is Enos thinking?" I get throwing him into the fire, but letting him burn to death??? The whole line was asked to do far too much last year.

One more thing. Maybe Houston's OL looked better because of the system and QB. Same with SMU's.

Advertisement
King probably had a more talented offensive line at Houston, and that’s not even an exaggeration...I’ve never seen a team win 10 games with an offensive line that’s this bad. So I’m not counting on it. But here’s to hoping I’m wrong.

Yep, watching his highlight film Houston's O-linemen knew his tendencies; if they missed they looked for someone else to get a hat on while King was Shuckin' and Jivin' which allowed for some of those long scrambles. Plus a QB with that athleticism screws with the DL, they come clean at him they start to overthink, break down. Last year they just rolled over our rigid QBs.

Realizing its early in spring, I’m still seeing too much of the same coaching remarks and trial movements along the OL again - like Groundhog Day.

I too hope this is the year the footwork, the situational awareness and offseason work, allows a Hurricane O-line to contribute, rather than be a liability to the Offense.

Yes sir, 49ERS did it. So we can also do it as well. We got our QB now so I see us going for 10 wins for sure.
Horrible example. NFL teams have free agency. They can change up within a season. College you really can’t with limited scholarships

The team has changed Drastically....you can't be serious...Much better QB....Better RBs...much better OC...with an entirely different and lethal Off game plan...and you think the team hasn't changed much??...

same RB as last season probably worse cause they are two freshmen backing up Harris who’s never carried a full load

No mention of WR’s or OL. LB’s all left for NFL

DB’s weren’t great last yr I don’t see an NFL starter in the secondary as of now. With the same defensive staff.
10 wins max. We can bet on this if you want? $100

same RB as last season probably worse cause they are two freshmen backing up Harris who’s never carried a full load

DB’s weren’t great last yr I don’t see an NFL starter in the secondary as of now. With the same defensive staff.
I agree. We definitely have some holes on our defense. I don’t love our secondary. We need our defensive line to bail them out. On offense, we don’t have a true stud at our skill positions (besides Jordan). We have some potential with the younger guys. And I am still nervous about the offensive line.

Advertisement

Well isn't 10 games Max better than last yr Genius??....Lol at $100.....MFer....your Broke *** better come better than that...

Advertisement
Really??.....I own everything I have...Beautiful home...2 vehicles....Beautiful Boat...ALL paid for....Lets compare Portfolios ******* before you run your F ing mouth....
I own a two story (8bedroom plus movie theater) complex right on the beach of Naples, I own lake house and then I have my regular home. All over 1 million dollars. I won’t get into all my cars I own and my boat. I have worked my *** off during my life and have been very fortunate

I own a two story (8bedroom plus movie theater) complex right on the beach of Naples, I own lake house and then I have my regular home. All over 1 million dollars. I won’t get into all my cars I own and my boat. I have worked my *** off during my life and have been very fortunate
I grew up in Lee County....My hobby nets me $25,000 + a yr....Work your *** off??...MFer...you can't imagine how hard I've worked for what I own...Never took a CENT from one of 3 cousins...2 who are Multi-Millionaires and 2 coach in the NFL....The other owns a Production company in NYC....Lol....go sit tf down....

I just don’t get you guys. There’s teams in the country who would beg for a guy like John Campbells services for instance. But we don’t think he’s good enough. Just doesn’t make sense to me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Last season was the perfect storm of how to have horrible line play.

1) start 2 freshmen 2 sophomores and a junior. No G5 team starts a line with so little experience, let alone a P5 team

2) Start a true freshman project who had to gain 50 pounds in less than 6 months at left tackle. Even if Zion has enrolled at 300 lbs, he was totally raw and had no business seeing the field, let alone starting.

3) Install a power rushing offense despite the fact that most of your line have had less than two years in a college strength program. Expecting 18 and 19 year olds to just push around experienced defensive linemen is ridiculous.

4) Run an under center passing game that requires your quarterback to make multiple reads all while taking 5 and 7 step drop backs.

5) Requiring your offensive line to have to pass block for 5 seconds on average while your stoned quarterback slowly processed information. At least a third of the sacks they surrendered were 100% on Jarren holding the ball way too long.

6) Run such a slow paced offense that by the time you break the huddle and line up, there’s no time on the play clock to change protections or god forbid, audible out of a play that’s got no chance to work.

It’s almost like they were trying to fail last year.

Advertisement
Back