Really, Just How Good Is This "D'Eriq King" Guy?

Burns was more productive than Lingard last year. Would have you predicted that 2 years ago? Yes, my expectations are much higher for Knighton/Chaney than Burns but that's irrelevant because they're unproven.

You are using a one player sample size to make a point and even that one is skewed because Lingard blew a knee early in his first season. There are dozens of examples of young players making immediate impact all over the country. That should be the measuring stick, not one kid.

Advertisement
  • As we've all heard, in his last (somewhat) full season of work, King scored 50 total TDs in only 11 games.

• That sounds pretty **** on paper and personally my Under Armour 6" Boxerjocks are starting to pulsate with excitement, but what do those numbers really mean?

• King's 50 TDs were only 4 less than that year's Heisman Trophy winner and future #1 overall pick, Kyler Murray.

• Murray played in 3 more games than King.

• In fact, in King's 50 TD-shortened season, he scored more or the same amount of total touchdowns than all of these QBs did in their best seasons, despite playing 2-4 less games than all of them:

• Tua Tagovailoa
  • Trevor Lawrence
  • Baker Mayfield (Heisman season)
  • Deshaun Watson
  • Dak Prescott
  • Johnny Manziel (Heisman season)
  • Jameis Winston (Heisman season)
  • Robert Griffin (Heisman season)
  • Tim Tebow (Heisman season)

• What about recent QBs who outscored King in a season?

• Well fvck them, too.

• King accounted for roughly 4.5 TDs per game in 2018. That per game average tops the best seasons by:

• Joe Burrow (Heisman season)
  • Jalen Hurts
  • Justin Fields
  • Kyler Murray (Heisman season)
  • Lamar Jackson (Heisman season)
  • Patrick Mahommes
  • Dwayne Haskins
  • Marcus Mariota (Heisman season)
  • Cam Newton (Heisman season)
  • Sam Bradford (Heisman season)

• King finds himself besting an absolutely eye-opening list of Heisman winners and first round draft picks. He's in the company of a murderer's row of the most elite and impressive college QBs of the last several years.

• There is no other way to say it other than to say the data suggests that D'Eriq King is one of the most dynamic offensive players in all of modern college football.

• Miami has not had a bonafide, elite playmaker and surefire stud at QB in decades.

• Of the 19 QB's I listed above, 16 of them won 11 or more games in their best season.

The Takeaway:

• Manny Diaz has one of the deadliest playmakers at the QB position in the last 15 years of college football.

• He is being paired with an OC who just finished guiding an offense to a top 10 finish in both total yards and total points scored.

• Credit to Manny for bringing these two into the program this off-season, as unlike Tate and Enos, King and Lashlee bring with them on-field and in-game proof of success.

• Barring an injury to King, anything less than 10+ wins would be an abject failure and indisputable evidence that a head coaching change is immediately necessary.

Quick Summary:

*If Manny doesn't win big this year he's a ******.*
Your best post ever.

Burns was more productive than Lingard last year. Would have you predicted that 2 years ago? Yes, my expectations are much higher for Knighton/Chaney than Burns but that's irrelevant because they're unproven.
Limptard didn’t play last year, so, yeah, technically, Burns and his 3 ypc was more productive than Limptard.

And Dalvin Cook was unproven too. So was Todd Gurley. And 100 other freshman RBs who have been better than the incumbent backs.

Rousseau was unproven too. I guess that means Patchan was better than him last year. Only a mongoloid named Baker would share your “He’s not proven so the incumbent is better” theory.

Offensive System can change the outlook on the oline so we will see what happens
That's the thing about last season. Enos and Williams were a match made in **** for our OL. I can't imagine, under any circumstances, the line looking worse, or even nearly as bad as last year. This entire O is about getting the ball out fast. People will be shocked how this will make an OL look better, even if they are turnstiles at times.

Limptard didn’t play last year, so, yeah, technically, Burns and his 3 ypc was more productive than Limptard.

And Dalvin Cook was unproven too. So was Todd Gurley. And 100 other freshman RBs who have been better than the incumbent backs.

Rousseau was unproven too. I guess that means Patchan was better than him last year. Only a mongoloid named Baker would share your “He’s not proven so the incumbent is better” theory.
You just proved my point actually. Every hs player is unproven until you play games on the college level and must earn it. It's possible that Chaney might become the next limptard. He's already missing spring ball. But odds that that won't happen again so Im not worried.

Advertisement
That's the thing about last season. Enos and Williams were a match made in **** for our OL. I can't imagine, under any circumstances, the line looking worse, or even nearly as bad as last year. This entire O is about getting the ball out fast. People will be shocked how this will make an OL look better, even if they are turnstiles at times.
Me either. I think the OL improves drastically helping the offense to continue to string out long series which will only help our defense. I think the notion of us going 3 and out continually is not going to happen - and it all starts with Justice getting 100x better play out of the OL this season.

Me either. I think the OL improves drastically helping the offense to continue to string out long series which will only help our defense. I think the notion of us going 3 and out continually is not going to happen - and it all starts with Justice getting 100x better play out of the OL this season.
It's a better situation for all involved. The new O takes a lot of pressure off the OL. Now this doesn't mean they are allowed to suck, but it does make their jobs much easier, which will allow them to grow and mature as a unit. Last year we were playing in a phone booth, and that is the worst thing possible for a young OL.

Can any of you people predicting we win 10 games explain to me who we’re going to plug in to play left tackle?

The only change on our OL from last year is that the one dude we have with the most upside talent tore his ACL. We’re actually LESS talented at OL than last year.

I don’t care what scheme you change, you don’t win 10 games with the 115th ranked OL or whatever it was.

Pump the brakes. We’re winning maybe 8 games. North Carolina or Virginia is winning the coastal.

Can any of you people predicting we win 10 games explain to me who we’re going to plug in to play left tackle?

The only change on our OL from last year is that the one dude we have with the most upside talent tore his ACL. We’re actually LESS talented at OL than last year.

I don’t care what scheme you change, you don’t win 10 games with the 115th ranked OL or whatever it was.

Pump the brakes. We’re winning maybe 8 games. North Carolina or Virginia is winning the coastal.

How have you watched this team and not realized McDonaldson is atrocious? He may be the worst linemen on the team

Advertisement
How have you watched this team and not realized McDonaldson is atrocious? He may be the worst linemen on the team

The entire OL is atrocious. The worst in the ACC, and one of the worst in all of college football.

The worst offensive line Miami has EVER had.

You don’t go from that to 10 wins.

Don't be surprised if Chaney/ and or Knighton play roles as Frosh....I think Lashlee will give both playing time ESPECIALLY with the likes of our schedule...

Word... would love it if they end up being the next great 1-2 punch.

IMO, the RB room would have been way better with Lingard (provided Knighton still would have signed in that situation with Deejay leaving). I still think it was Penos and/or Hickson for why he left and not the stupid D$ excuse that he ran upright and couldn’t beat out Burns. GTFOH wit dat ****!

But hopefully Cam has improved and the fab frosh can make it impossible for the staff not to play them!

The scheme will not allow us to have the 115th ranked OL. Neither will King at QB. Do you honestly think King will take the sacks Williams did? ****, half the posters on this board know to throw the **** ball away when outside of the pocket.

If King plays last year, behind the same line, in the same O, we don't give up nearly as many sacks. Now with King AND Lashlee... yeah, it'll look a heck of a lot different than Enos and Potato.

6-7 last year.

If King, Lashlee, an offense more suited to our talent base, and a weaker schedule, don’t account for at least 3 - 4 more wins, I’m just stuppit in the head.

Advertisement

What were the metrics used to determine we were the 115th ranked OL? I’m not sure how they remove the offensive system in which they were operating from the equation. The success or failure of an OL is inextricably intertwined with the offensive system in which they are operating.

Of course, there will be those, who think Enos is an excellent OC, who attribute his abominable results here to no talent with which to work. Likely, those are the same toads, who thought we had no talent on the DL when Doritos was here.

CaneinOrlando is looking foward to the Spring game more than any in quite some time, just for the fact of watching an entirely New System take hold....the fact it takes place at Traz doesn't faze CaneinOrlando one iota....if anything, I like the smaller confine packed....rather than a 70,000 seat stadium...with 12,000 in attendance...

Funny you should say that about the spring game. I haven't been to the spring game in 20 years. I just booked a flight. My season tickets are in abeyance until I see for myself at the spring game if this team will compete. Tired of the online reports and hype job from folks who don't know squat. Told my son that it looks like you will be in the student section if they suck.

I didn't include a bowl game, just regular season.

And if you think going 10-2 or 11-1 in the regular season is a bad season you're just a troll or not really a fan at all.

We've gone nearly 2 decades with only 1 winning season, to expect an undefeated season out of nowhere is really quite delusional & stupid.
I think he’s been here before saying anything less than a 1 loss season (to Clemson) is a total fail. That troll was executed in the Kill Trolls Dead Thread.

Advertisement
As the Macho Man would say......

Attachments

• 2A5B409A-F47B-4DB9-BA31-AE8F5B049D60.gif
    2A5B409A-F47B-4DB9-BA31-AE8F5B049D60.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Put another way, he out scored Miami’s offense last year by himself. People who’ve watched practice, and not just Miami fans, have seen it. He has “it”. This isn’t some unknown kid in a new system.

What were the metrics used to determine we were the 115th ranked OL? I’m not sure how they remove the offensive system in which they were operating from the equation. The success or failure of an OL is inextricably intertwined with the offensive system in which they are operating.

Of course, there will be those, who think Enos is an excellent OC, who attribute his abominable results here to no talent with which to work. Likely, those are the same toads, who thought we had no talent on the DL when Doritos was here.

I don’t take Pro Football Focus rankings as gospel either, but Christ, man.... our offensive line WAS trash. We all saw it with our eyes.

I know that spring is when we’re supposed to drink the koolaid and that I’m doing it wrong, but offensive line play is kind of important.

The scheme will not allow us to have the 115th ranked OL. Neither will King at QB. Do you honestly think King will take the sacks Williams did? ****, half the posters on this board know to throw the **** ball away when outside of the pocket.

If King plays last year, behind the same line, in the same O, we don't give up nearly as many sacks. Now with King AND Lashlee... yeah, it'll look a heck of a lot different than Enos and Potato.

King probably had a more talented offensive line at Houston, and that’s not even an exaggeration.

I’m a huge believer in D’Eriq King, and I’m a big believer in the new scheme. But that doesn’t change the fact that we have garbage on the o line.

I happen to think that offensive line is the most important unit in football. You can change the scheme and hide some of the flaws, and if your QB can scramble so much the better....but at the end of the day, it’s like putting makeup on Rosanne Barr. You can’t hide ugly.

I’ve never seen a team win 10 games with an offensive line that’s this bad. So I’m not counting on it. But here’s to hoping I’m wrong.

Advertisement
Back