Really, Just How Good Is This "D'Eriq King" Guy?

Agreed ‘Chise. He’s going to eclipse Rosier’s TD total in a season of 31. The kid is probably going to break his own personal rushing TD record scrambling from behind the porous line. Unless Justice performs a voodoo mind trick and has them all thinking like a cohesive unit. Which is entirely possible. Somehow I think we’ll do enough to reach Charlotte for the ACCCG. Not sold on what that means record wise but I think we get there somehow

Advertisement
We get last year's OL production, King won't play an entire season and 9 wins (seems the popular pick as the floor) would be a stretch.

I would be disappointed with only 9 wins, but that's assuming a lot of things. On paper, today, we look better than that. Still, that's on paper and then there's the OL which is potentially bad enough to derail an entire season. I hope the new OC'er can scheme around some of those deficiencies and get it done. Even better, the OL surprises us all and makes a dramatic turn around.

• As we've all heard, in his last (somewhat) full season of work, King scored 50 total TDs in only 11 games.

• That sounds pretty **** on paper and personally my Under Armour 6" Boxerjocks are starting to pulsate with excitement, but what do those numbers really mean?

• King's 50 TDs were only 4 less than that year's Heisman Trophy winner and future #1 overall pick, Kyler Murray.

• Murray played in 3 more games than King.

• In fact, in King's 50 TD-shortened season, he scored more or the same amount of total touchdowns than all of these QBs did in their best seasons, despite playing 2-4 less games than all of them:

• Tua Tagovailoa
  • Trevor Lawrence
  • Baker Mayfield (Heisman season)
  • Deshaun Watson
  • Dak Prescott
  • Johnny Manziel (Heisman season)
  • Jameis Winston (Heisman season)
  • Robert Griffin (Heisman season)
  • Tim Tebow (Heisman season)

• What about recent QBs who outscored King in a season?

• Well fvck them, too.

• King accounted for roughly 4.5 TDs per game in 2018. That per game average tops the best seasons by:

• Joe Burrow (Heisman season)
  • Jalen Hurts
  • Justin Fields
  • Kyler Murray (Heisman season)
  • Lamar Jackson (Heisman season)
  • Patrick Mahommes
  • Dwayne Haskins
  • Marcus Mariota (Heisman season)
  • Cam Newton (Heisman season)
  • Sam Bradford (Heisman season)

• King finds himself besting an absolutely eye-opening list of Heisman winners and first round draft picks. He's in the company of a murderer's row of the most elite and impressive college QBs of the last several years.

• There is no other way to say it other than to say the data suggests that D'Eriq King is one of the most dynamic offensive players in all of modern college football.

• Miami has not had a bonafide, elite playmaker and surefire stud at QB in decades.

• Of the 19 QB's I listed above, 16 of them won 11 or more games in their best season.

The Takeaway:

• Manny Diaz has one of the deadliest playmakers at the QB position in the last 15 years of college football.

• He is being paired with an OC who just finished guiding an offense to a top 10 finish in both total yards and total points scored.

• Credit to Manny for bringing these two into the program this off-season, as unlike Tate and Enos, King and Lashlee bring with them on-field and in-game proof of success.

• Barring an injury to King, anything less than 10+ wins would be an abject failure and indisputable evidence that a head coaching change is immediately necessary.

Quick Summary:

*If Manny doesn't win big this year he's a ******.*

Forgot to shout you out, but I see no lies in this post.

Advertisement
There's no reason to lose any of these games but we'll find a way to drop at least one.

Advertisement
The team has changed Drastically....you can't be serious...Much better QB....Better RBs...much better OC...with an entirely different and lethal Off game plan...and you think the team hasn't changed much??...

Agree except RBs... Deejay and Cam > Cam and Burns. But the potential is there to be better if new guys are the ****

CaneinOrlando is looking foward to the Spring game more than any in quite some time, just for the fact of watching an entirely New System take hold....the fact it takes place at Traz doesn't faze CaneinOrlando one iota....if anything, I like the smaller confine packed....rather than a 70,000 seat stadium...with 12,000 in attendance...

Advertisement
Advertisement
They haven't played a down yet....we thought Lingard was going to be the best 2 years ago. Until they prove it, Cam and Burns are the best right now.
Yep. And there have been plenty of ballyhooed freshman RBs who were the best on their teams over the last 15 years. Study some college football. I could pull up 20 guys off the top of my head.

Cam and Burns might be the best to guys with no ability to assess actual talent who sit there and spew cliches, but if you actually think Burns is a better RB than Knighton or Chaney, you need to take a knee.

We'll find out. His performance last season wasn't all that so it's mixed results.

Hopefully it works out for us and him

Yep. And there have been plenty of ballyhooed freshman RBs who were the best on their teams over the last 15 years. Study some college football. I could pull up 20 guys off the top of my head.

Cam and Burns might be the best to guys with no ability to assess actual talent who sit there and spew cliches, but if you actually think Burns is a better RB than Knighton or Chaney, you need to take a knee.
Burns was more productive than Lingard last year. Would have you predicted that 2 years ago? Yes, my expectations are much higher for Knighton/Chaney than Burns but that's irrelevant because they're unproven.

Advertisement
Back