Really, Just How Good Is This "D'Eriq King" Guy?

Advertisement
I think Miami should be pretty **** good this season. The one thing I'm concerned about is the o-line, getting a quality grad transfer tackle would be massive.
Are there any good ones left? I really wanted that kid from Vandy but he's already gone. Liked that he had playing time against SEC linemen.

12-0 needs to happen.

It is very difficult to lose two games with this schedule.

let’s get 12-0 and meet sunshine in Charlotte.

not sure we win and make the cfp

but king gives you that chance.
Less talented teams than 2020 on paper Miami have made the playoffs.....

Why not us?
I think this team is better than that 2017 team IF the oline can do just enough to give King his chance to ball

no reason we don’t go undefeated and give sunshine a run for his money

Are there any good ones left? I really wanted that kid from Vandy but he's already gone. Liked that he had playing time against SEC linemen.
Clayton Bradley from USC & Uzoma Osuji from Rice are two that would fit well because they both played in similar offenses.

I'd take either one of them at RT over Herbert.

Advertisement
giphy.gif

10 wins is the bare minimum for me to even tolerate Manny. In fact, 10 wins would be a disappointment. Even with the porous offensive line, we have a quarterback that has a skill set that can counterbalance that, at least some of the time.

Manny has been gifted with a QB that’s a proven top tier producer. One of a handful in the entire country.

10 wins with King is absolute bare minimum.

If the offense does what it looks like it can do, besides taking the pressure off the worst unit on the team, the OL, it will put the best unit, the DL, especially the DE's in a position where the other team has to pass to keep up/catch up, with the offense. The concept of the offense, playing at at ludicrous speed, has always made sense to me, especially with what it does to a defense, even before the snap. They can't substitute, it's hard to get the defensive plays in, it's harder make adjustments for the defense, sometimes even hard just to line up correctly.

Advertisement
Clayton Bradley from USC & Uzoma Osuji from Rice are two that would fit well because they both played in similar offenses.

I'd take either one of them at RT over Herbert.
I was under the impression that Campbell is ahead of “He who should not be named”

I've been saying all offseason, Lashlee + King + our offensive weapons = Corstal title.

Idgaf who's in wait & see mode, I'm already there & been there, WE ARE WINNING 10 GAMES THIS YEAR.

Plus with an Elite pass rush our Defense will be good enough to cause immense pressure & force turnovers.

The key to the season will be keeping our OT's from getting embarrassed on a weekly basis & getting our LB corps healthy.
I hear you, but to me, sadly 10 games doesn't seem like an accomplishment given such a weak schedule even though we were 6-7 last year. There isn't a team on the schedule that we should lose to.

The only thing that should derail a 12-0 regular season are injuries.

I'm NOT saying we go 12-0. I'm saying we SHOULD.

Advertisement
I hear you, but to me, sadly 10 games doesn't seem like an accomplishment given such a weak schedule even though we were 6-7 last year. There isn't a team on the schedule that we should lose to.

The only thing that should derail a 12-0 regular season are injuries.

I'm NOT saying we go 12-0. I'm saying we SHOULD.
We've only one 10 games ONCE in the last 17 years.

Winning 10 games this season would absolutely be an accomplishment, a major accomplishment.

I get what you mean, there's not really any team on our schedule that has as much talent as us, but knowing how we are as a program it's a guarantee we'll lose games we have no business losing, the hope is that it only happens once or twice.

We've only one 10 games ONCE in the last 17 years.

Winning 10 games this season would absolutely be an accomplishment, a major accomplishment.

I get what you mean, there's not really any team on our schedule that has as much talent as us, but knowing how we are as a program it's a guarantee we'll lose games we have no business losing, the hope is that it only happens once or twice.
It would get some real momentum back in the program. Far more than. The false bravado from last year. It was clear by week 2 last year we were all talk and it was going to be awfully difficult year. Absolutely need to show it on the field this season.

Advertisement
Optimistic, but I'm waiting to see the on field actions with the whole team before I get too excited. Have got my hopes up to many times then the team crushed them.

Advertisement
Back