REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

We have such ladyboys on this board.

Every fūcking thing is a disaster for Miami.

There should be pop up ads for tampons on this site.

The one constant about CFB is that it is always changing.
xT77XWjRsIFoyJhkSk.gif

Advertisement
Possible new division if this merger occurs:

Western Division​

• Arkansas
  • LSU
  • Mississippi State
  • Mizzou
  • Oklahoma
  • Ole Miss
  • Texas
  • Texas A&M

Eastern Division​

• Alabama
  • Auburn
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Kentucky
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Vanderbilt

If this goes through, I wonder if that means they’ll do away with permanent cross division opponents and just rotate on a yearly basis. Well no, play 7 division games, 2 cross division, 3 OOC games?

The same 4-5 teams have been in the playoff just about every year and only 2-3 of those 4-5 had a chance of winning. I haven’t watched a playoff game in years because it’s so predictable and the ratings validate that. What the **** were they preserving and what wealth gap do you think didn’t exist?
I said the wealth gap will be even greater now, not that it didn’t exist…read please. 12 team playoffs, millionaire teenagers who have never started or played a meaningful game are just a couple things that are stupid. Conferences are getting bigger for tv money only, not so they actually play each other…some teams will only play a cross divisional foe in their own conference once every 8 years if you go to 16 teams. It’s 7 years already for some

I said the wealth gap will be even greater now, not that it didn’t exist…read please. 12 team playoffs, millionaire teenagers who have never started or played a meaningful game are just a couple things that are stupid. Conferences are getting bigger for tv money only, not so they actually play each other…some teams will only play a cross divisional foe in their own conference once every 8 years if you go to 16 teams. It’s 7 years already for some
I understood... my point is when LSU winning one national titles feels like an aberration or an underdog story, the wealth gap really doesn't matter all that much. And what exactly was the NCAA preserving? Mark Emmert's 20 year working relationship with Nick Saban and turning a blind eye to the SEC buying who they want? I think Miami's benefit with the NIL won't be as huge as most think, but I do agree that at least it gives us some ability to get guys money.

Advertisement
I'm sure teams in the SEC that are on UT and OU level (FLA, A&M, Auburn) won't let this happen.

But when big money is involved, anything can happen.
Sec only needs 75% of the teams to say yes for it to happen. 3 schools isn’t enough to do anything

No, Okie State is not screwed. Oklahoma law prevents OU from going to another conference without Okie State, so OU isn't going anywhere unless they can convince the state legislature to change state law.
Whenever that was passed, it’s already outdated. Pretty sure ou could take that to court and challenge if it came down to that too. They would probably just do what they wanted instead and dare the Oklahoma STATe legislature to stop them

Whenever that was passed, it’s already outdated. Pretty sure ou could take that to court and challenge if it came down to that too. They would probably just do what they wanted instead and dare the Oklahoma STATe legislature to stop them

You obviously don't know how laws work. OU is a state institution. You think the state of Oklahoma is going to sue the state of Oklahoma?

It sounds "cool" to have this super conference....but HIGHLY doubt Texas and Okie go to the SEC.

Its already been said...why make it harder to get to the playoffs?....and there's nothing wrong with those teams staying in the Big 12.

Money talks, but this just doesn't pass the sniff test. If 75% of SEC teams have to vote yes....I doubt this happens
If there’s a 12 team playoff, joining the sec doesn’t make it harder to make it in. It’s about the same plus they get more money and better recruiting, in theory

Advertisement
Pay the players…
Pay the players…
Pay the players…

51% of all earnings (TV, bowl, merchandise, ticket sales, etc) should go to the footballer team so they can split it 85 ways. And 49% should go to the athletic departments

Then athletes can also leverage NIL as well

You obviously don't know how laws work. OU is a state institution. You think the state of Oklahoma is going to sue the state of Oklahoma?
Do you know what a state institution means? It means they get money/subsidies from the state, not that the school is part of the state government. The school itself is it’s own entity. In fact, Branches of the government can sue other branches, so I don’t know why you think this is impossible. Even if that was an issue, the sec could sue the state on behalf of ou

Do you know what a state institution means? It means they get money/subsidies from the state, not that the school is part of the state government. The school itself is it’s own entity. In fact, Branches of the government can sue other branches, so I don’t know why you think this is impossible. Even if that was an issue, the sec could sue the state on behalf of ou
The SEC would lose that lawsuit and so would OU. The lawsuit wouldn't happen though, so it's irrelevant.

Advertisement
I wouldn't mind seeing an ACC major realignment but this is a ridiculous idea
The good thing (or not) if Texas and Oklahoma go to the SEC, is that's probably it for SEC expanding. 16 is the magic number that makes sense for everyone. So the ACC will know Clemson and FSU are most likely staying put. So build from there. You're probably not getting anyone from the Big 10 or SEC given the size of their TV deals versus ours, but maybe the push to four 16 team conferences is what gets ND to be a member in football. So then you need one more. WV probably isn't a fit academically though everything else would make sense, especially if Texas and Oklahoma are out.

A&M should kill this if they. If they take Texas, Clemson and FSU will be looking too.
Like U****s did to Miami and FSU joining the $EC. Problem is all the Power 5 conferences should be going to 16 teams. Create 2 divisions, each team plays their 7 division games a cross over, rival and cupcake to complete a 10 game schedule. Winner of divisions play one another, conference winners automatic bid to playoffs, take 3 at large teams and there is your 8 team playoff.

Advertisement
Obviously they called about SEC, but what if ACC jumped in and tried to scoop them up? Would that be a good thing? Maybe ND would come in full time. Maybe would have to add more too also. Just asking

The good thing (or not) if Texas and Oklahoma go to the SEC, is that's probably it for SEC expanding. 16 is the magic number that makes sense for everyone. So the ACC will know Clemson and FSU are most likely staying put. So build from there. You're probably not getting anyone from the Big 10 or SEC given the size of their TV deals versus ours, but maybe the push to four 16 team conferences is what gets ND to be a member in football. So then you need one more. WV probably isn't a fit academically though everything else would make sense, especially if Texas and Oklahoma are out.
If I had to guess it's going to be UCF.

Like U****s did to Miami and FSU joining the $EC. Problem is all the Power 5 conferences should be going to 16 teams. Create 2 divisions, each team plays their 7 division games a cross over, rival and cupcake to complete a 10 game schedule. Winner of divisions play one another, conference winners automatic bid to playoffs, take 3 at large teams and there is your 8 team playoff.
I like the pod format.
E651yM2WYAcwI5W.jpeg

Advertisement
Back