REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Advertisement

Would be the beginning of basically just a super conference with all of the big money teams minus OSU and Clemson. Bad for college football as a whole IMO and would just add even more to the BS SEC bias we already see.
aTm would shoot that down, IMO. They don’t want UT there.

What teams would it be “worth” ACC getting? 🤔
Kansas, Kansas State, Cinci Houston, Memphis and Baylor

Seriously, no idea. It depends whether ACC wants to stay on the East Coast or diversify regionally, focus on basketball, schools with at least one power program or two.

Last I checked, Oklahoma state law requires approval of the state legislature in order for OU to go anywhere without OSU, so unless they got some kind of secret approval from the Oklahoma legislature (hint: they didn't), I'm going to say this is BS.

Advertisement
Kansas, Kansas State, Cinci Houston, Memphis and Baylor

Seriously, no idea. It depends whether ACC wants to stay on the East Coast or diversify regionally, focus on basketball, schools with at least one power program or two.
Kansas, Cinci & Houston would add to basketball. Cinci & Houston to football.

It’s a wrap for the Big12 after already losing Nebraska, aTm, and Mizzou and now UT and OU. I would think the 16 team super conferences would push ND into joining the ACC and I’d think WVU would get a second look.

It’s a wrap for the Big12 after already losing Nebraska, aTm, and Mizzou and now UT and OU. I would think the 16 team super conferences would push ND into joining the ACC and I’d think WVU would get a second look.

I'd like to see the acc implode before the big 12. I hate our conference. Last year only furthered my hatred (in an abbreviated season where every dollar mattered, why didnt the acc put Notre Dame on Miamis schedule instead of Clemson? Clemson wasn't originally on the slate to begin with so the acc had the discretion to set that up)

I would rather be in the Big 12 or big 10 than the acc. And If I had to choose to play either Ohio State or Clemson, I'd much prefer Ohio State. For whatever reason, our players seem to always be intimidated by Clemson and we play scared. I think the our sordid history with Ohio State will get our guys fired up and ready to bring their A game.

Advertisement
i agree with u boss wvu would get a 2nd look pitt/and sc and maybe miami would vote them in and ND would have no choice either and i would not live out south carolina and vandy the sleeper would be florida because they dont want to play bama every year either or auburn

I'm sure teams in the SEC that are on UT and OU level (FLA, A&M, Auburn) won't let this happen.

But when big money is involved, anything can happen.

I'm sure teams in the SEC that are on UT and OU level (FLA, A&M, Auburn) won't let this happen.

But when big money is involved, anything can happen.
Wonder how the Longhorn network would impact Texas going or how the money would work on their end. Didn’t the SEC just renew their TV deal too? Do negotiations reopen if they add teams?

The Big 12 is on borrowed time. Texas only stays because it has the biggest sweetheart deal this side of South Bend. Texas gets to keep 100% of the Longhorn Network revenue and gets a disproportionate share of conference monies. Sometime between now and 2031 Texas will bail. I thought they'd go to the Big 10, but the Big 10 wants to them to share that LN revenue. The Oklahoma legislature does not want Oklahoma and Oklahoma State split up, so look for that package deal someplace. The SEC is the most logical fit for that pair.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The Big 12 is on borrowed time. Texas only stays because it has the biggest sweetheart deal this side of South Bend. Texas gets to keep 100% of the Longhorn Network revenue and gets a disproportionate share of conference monies. Sometime between now and 2031 Texas will bail. I thought they'd go to the Big 10, but the Big 10 wants to them to share that LN revenue. The Oklahoma legislature does not want Oklahoma and Oklahoma State split up, so look for that package deal someplace. The SEC is the most logical fit for that pair.
Why would the sec want OU and OSU? Lol

They want Texas and would like OU…. Okie st is screwed

Why would the sec want OU and OSU? Lol

They want Texas and would like OU…. Okie st is screwed

No, Okie State is not screwed. Oklahoma law prevents OU from going to another conference without Okie State, so OU isn't going anywhere unless they can convince the state legislature to change state law.

Supposedly 11 of 14 teams in SEC would have to vote to approve this. It's being said that TAMU and Missouri would absolutely oppose it. If two more schools vote "no" it cannot happen....

Advertisement
Back