REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Advertisement
ACC should call Texas and ND.
angry homer simpson GIF

ACC should call Texas and

ACC should call Texas and ND.
Dude the ACC has been asking ND to join for years, they will never join. Why would they, the NBC TV contract pays them way more than they could ever make in this conference. Unless there is another covid lockdown and they need an easy path to CFB it will never happen.

Advertisement
If there is any more movement it would be teams joining the B1G. ACC doesn't make anywhere near the money they do.

If there is any more movement it would be teams joining the B1G. ACC doesn't make anywhere near the money they do.
If this is happening, both the Big 10 and ACC will be adding teams. The Big 12 will collapse without OU and UT. If ND won't join full time, pick two of Kansas, TCU, or Baylor. Big 10 will probably take Iowa State and one of those three. Pac 12 will add Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, and two more.

If this is happening, both the Big 10 and ACC will be adding teams. The Big 12 will collapse without OU and UT. If ND won't join full time, pick two of Kansas, TCU, or Baylor. Big 10 will probably take Iowa State and one of those three. Pac 12 will add Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, and two more.
The good thing about this is Miami is too big of a brand to be left out the Mix. Do u think it's possible for The U jumping ship on the ACC

The good thing about this is Miami is too big of a brand to be left out the Mix. Do u think it's possible for The U jumping ship on the ACC
Are we? I can't stand the ACC, but this pretty much secures the conference's future. It removes the risk of Clemson and/or FSU going to the SEC. I just don't see where exactly we are going. If it moves to four 16 team conferences, you now have the SEC full. At a starting point, we are not going to the Pac 12 because of geography. I can't see the Big 10 taking us, and honestly, we are not really a fit there.

We need the ACC to make a power move for its last two spots and boost school payouts to get closer to Big 10/SEC levels. To put a number on that at present... ACC pays out about $35M a year. Big 10 and SEC pay out $55M a year. However, two things need to happen to do that. One, they need to sort the ACC Network out. It is ridiculous that 2-3 years after launch it is not even offered to Comcast/XFinity people even as a premium package, along with a couple of other providers. I know people will yell cut the cord, but the real world has a lot of people who just are not going to do that for the foreseeable future. The second, is Swofford is out and this new commish needs to realize that football is what pays.

The best thing that can happen to Miami, in my opinion, is the ACC realizes that Miami winning in football is good for business, and they stop ******** us at every turn on the field. They want to ***** us when playing the legacy schools in basketball, fine, we are not going anywhere until L retires. But if they want a big payday, they need more than just Clemson to win on Saturdays. We need to do our end, but they need to do theirs too.

Advertisement
The BIG 10 will never take Iowa State. They would take Kansas before Iowa State.

Are we? I can't stand the ACC, but this pretty much secures the conference's future. It removes the risk of Clemson and/or FSU going to the SEC. I just don't see where exactly we are going. If it moves to four 16 team conferences, you now have the SEC full. At a starting point, we are not going to the Pac 12 because of geography. I can't see the Big 10 taking us, and honestly, we are not really a fit there.

We need the ACC to make a power move for its last two spots and boost school payouts to get closer to Big 10/SEC levels. To put a number on that at present... ACC pays out about $35M a year. Big 10 and SEC pay out $55M a year. However, two things need to happen to do that. One, they need to sort the ACC Network out. It is ridiculous that 2-3 years after launch it is not even offered to Comcast/XFinity people even as a premium package, along with a couple of other providers. I know people will yell cut the cord, but the real world has a lot of people who just are not going to do that for the foreseeable future. The second, is Swofford is out and this new commish needs to realize that football is what pays.

The best thing that can happen to Miami, in my opinion, is the ACC realizes that Miami winning in football is good for business, and they stop ******** us at every turn on the field. They want to ***** us when playing the legacy schools in basketball, fine, we are not going anywhere until L retires. But if they want a big payday, they need more than just Clemson to win on Saturdays. We need to do our end, but they need to do theirs too.
The new comish was talking a good game yesterday. Said that football is going to come first. Seems as if he's going to take a more aggressive approach.

What this is coming down to is 4, 16 team conferences with the top 2 conferences being extremely more loaded than the bottom 2. Need Miami to make sure they are in that other conference that competes with SEC.

The BIG 10 will never take Iowa State. They would take Kansas before Iowa State.
Is Iowa wanting to block them? They are pretty good at football, have had some good years in basketball, and you have the built in rivalry with Iowa. They also need two teams, so they may want both, and both may make sense.

Advertisement
The new comish was talking a good game yesterday. Said that football is going to come first. Seems as if he's going to take a more aggressive approach.

What this is coming down to is 4, 16 team conferences with the top 2 conferences being extremely more loaded than the bottom 2. Need Miami to make sure they are in that other conference that competes with SEC.
I saw that. If conferences are moving to 16 teams, that will absolutely mean more conference games. Let's say everyone goes to 10 games, every team will keep their one cupcake, so that leaves one out of conference game. So if he tells ND either join or this 5 game a year deal is done, I am not totally sure where they are scheduling 12 quality games of P5 teams if that happens.

Is Iowa wanting to block them? They are pretty good at football, have had some good years in basketball, and you have the built in rivalry with Iowa. They also need two teams, so they may want both, and both may make sense.
They are terrible in football. They've had 1 good year in football, and it was a COVID year. They won 9 games last year and their first ever bowl win. Historically, Iowa State is in the bottom 5 worst P5 football programs, probably bottom 3.

I saw that. If conferences are moving to 16 teams, that will absolutely mean more conference games. Let's say everyone goes to 10 games, every team will keep their one cupcake, so that leaves one out of conference game. So if he tells ND either join or this 5 game a year deal is done, I am not totally sure where they are scheduling 12 quality games of P5 teams if that happens.
Correct, ND will have no choice but to join a conference if the conferences move to 16 teams.

My biggest hope is that if this round of realignment comes to fruition, all of the conferences get together and decide to do a full realignment for football and basketball only. Drop the historical conference monikers and move to a 4 conferences each with 16 teams structure where the conferences are crafted based on geographic location and historical rivalries. Then, don't let the individual conferences negotiate TV rights on their own. Negotiate them at the aggregate level and split the proceeds evenly amongst the 64 programs. This aggregate contract would be FAR greater in value than the sum of the parts we have today, so ALL boats would rise.

Advertisement
They are terrible in football. They've had 1 good year in football, and it was a COVID year. They won 9 games last year and their first ever bowl win. Historically, Iowa State is in the bottom 5 worst P5 football programs, probably bottom 3.
The reality is, the pickings are slim at this point. They have a young coach who has started to turn that program around and the conference already has Iowa. Every "free agent" school has its downside:
West Virginia - Terrible fit academically for either the ACC or Big 10.
Kansas - terrible at football, great at basketball obviously, good academics.
Kansas State - Had some football success under Snyder but that was a while ago.
Iowa State - Rising in football, had been good at basketball until last year, built in rivalry with Iowa.
Cincinnati - Good athletics, awful academics.
TCU - Strong across the board, not as good geographically.
Baylor - Same as TCU.

You need to choose two of them. I am assuming Ok State and Texas Tech go to the Pac 12. I think they almost went a couple of years ago. Do TCU and Baylor go with them as a natural pod? If they do then the top five are your main options for both the ACC and Big 10.

If all this is what’s happening. The best thing for the ACC is probably to force ND to join and look at 1 of the teams from Texas , TCU or Baylor.
If they want to strengthen BB it would have to be ND and Kansas.

Advertisement
Back