REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Advertisement
Obviously they called about SEC, but what if ACC jumped in and tried to scoop them up? Would that be a good thing? Maybe ND would come in full time. Maybe would have to add more too also. Just asking
ACC is already at 14. If we took those two, then no ND. But realistically, the SEC is where both belong. We need to get ND full time and figure out one more team that makes geographic sense.

If I had to guess it's going to be UCF.
But what do they add? Their TV market is already in the conference's footprint for our TV deal. I hate to say it, but Miami and FSU should also both absolutely block that from happening as well.

ACC is already at 14. If we took those two, then no ND. But realistically, the SEC is where both belong. We need to get ND full time and figure out one more team that makes geographic sense.

But what do they add? Their TV market is already in the conference's footprint for our TV deal. I hate to say it, but Miami and FSU should also both absolutely block that from happening as well.
Correct, neither FSU or Miami will allow UCF to join the ACC.

Advertisement

Baylor?

Small private school, good academics?, good at basketball (men and women)

That would be my guess if the Big 12 dissolved

Also a footprint into Texas

Works the same also. Just move it from division winners play one another to Pod A plays Pod B, Pod C plays Pod D and the two winners play one another for conference championship. Just eliminate one of the cross over games or cupcake games. I know the state of Florida wont let U****s and FSPoo not play one another and I'm pretty sure the same goes in other states where the two major state funded Universities have to play one another as a rivalry.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If I were the ACC brass, I would go hard after ND and Penn State until that's no longer an option. The next two on the list in my opinion should be TCU and Baylor.
Can't see PSU leaving the Big 10. Their TV deal is astronomically higher than the ACC's. In 2019, the ACC paid out about $32M per school. The Big 10 paid out almost $55M. I guess if you bring ND and PSU into that the number would go up quite a bit, but the ACC's main problem is it will always put basketball ahead of football, and football is still a much bigger revenue driver in the TV deals. Maybe now that UNC is putting some money behind football the powers that be in Greensboro will realize that maybe their priorities have been wrong.

Advertisement
Possible landing spots for rest of Big 12: (Just my thoughts)

ISU - Big 10
Kansas - Big 10
Kansas St. - Big 10
OKS - Pac 12
WVU - ??? (ACC already said no)
TXT - Pac 12
Baylor - Pac 12 / ACC
TCU - Pac 12 / ACC

Perfect chance for ACC to get into Texas.
Unless ISU and KState are members of the AAU (Association of American Universites), then highly doubtful BIG extends the invitation. Kansas is a member of the AAU.
Note: The only school in the BIG that is not a member of the AAU is Nebraska (although at one time they were)

Can't see PSU leaving the Big 10. Their TV deal is astronomically higher than the ACC's. In 2019, the ACC paid out about $32M per school. The Big 10 paid out almost $55M. I guess if you bring ND and PSU into that the number would go up quite a bit, but the ACC's main problem is it will always put basketball ahead of football, and football is still a much bigger revenue driver in the TV deals. Maybe now that UNC is putting some money behind football the powers that be in Greensboro will realize that maybe their priorities have been wrong.
PSU has never really been very happy with the Big 10 is my understanding though, so that's really the only shot.

Advertisement
Back