Rayshawn Jenkins Senior Highlights

Advertisement
Enjoyed looking at the hot take from Blackverns and his subsequent band… not sure when that happened…

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was high on Jenkins, but not for any particularly good reason.

But mfcanes and Nole80 both are absolutely certain the kid is too soft to play at UM. When those guys agree and are adamant, it's generally an accurate assessment, in my experience. People hate on Fish for being biased, but mf is a UM fan. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out because neither of them left an ounce of daylight for a backtrack on this call. They feel sure on this one.

Too funny. Wonder if either of those guys are still reading the boards. Mf couldn't take the bs after Golden era. No idea what Fish is up to since Shadow's board shut down.

This was one of Golden’s better evaluations.

Golden had a bunch of them. He wasn't a bad talent evaluator at all, despite that laughable video of the coaches arguing over where to stack a kid on the board.

Golden had 4 problems. 1. He was more concerned with his own brand and career trajectory than the team's. 2 He couldn't win most recruiting battles, partly because of 1 -- he gave off an un-trustworthy vibe. But primarily because 3. he had no booster money in the era of bigtime SEC and Clemson bags. Finally, 4, his coordinators were hot trash, and he micromanaged the defense so no self-respecting coordinator would coach for him.

Golden had a bunch of them. He wasn't a bad talent evaluator at all, despite that laughable video of the coaches arguing over where to stack a kid on the board.

Golden had 4 problems. 1. He was more concerned with his own brand and career trajectory than the team's. 2 He couldn't win most recruiting battles, partly because of 1 -- he gave off an un-trustworthy vibe. But primarily because 3. he had no booster money in the era of bigtime SEC and Clemson bags. Finally, 4, his coordinators were hot trash, and he micromanaged the defense so no self-respecting coordinator would coach for him.
He was a terrible talent evaluator. That’s why be was recruiting against terrible teams so often. His paradise camp takes were awful most of the time

Advertisement
He was a terrible talent evaluator. That’s why be was recruiting against terrible teams so often. His paradise camp takes were awful most of the time

Not going to bother wasting each other's time arguing over this. I didn't have a problem with his evals, I had a problem with him reaching down to the Plan C kids. Agree he couldn't get the top recruits to his camps, just one example of many where he whiffed badly with top talent.

I went down to the Jags/Cowboys game today from Savannah with some co-workers. We chose that one bc one of them is a diehard Cowboy fan and SEC slurper. He’d been giving me **** all year about how bad Miami was.

I casually told them that Rayshawn went to The U (before his first INT). After this second INT to win the game, I told the co-worker that was a Cowboys’ fan that Dak shouldn’t throw to Jenkins island and threw up the U in his face.

It was glorious! Great comeback from the Jaguars. They definitely need to get players on D who can tackle, bc they had some issues.

Fly Eagles Fly Football GIF by Storyful

Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends

Advertisement

I agree with this. He uncovered a lot of 3-star guys who became real players and collected checks in the league. The problem from a evaluation/recruiting standpoint was he missed on essentially every single elite recruit from South Florida during his tenure

Golden wasn't the first one on Jenkins, Jenkins had offers from Bama & Tennessee, too. It's not like Jenkins was a kid with no offers like Santana Moss.

Advertisement
Back