Ranking Manny's Worst Losses

So after last night, I was ruminating on where I think this loss would place in the impressive collection of signature losses that Manny has collected as HC. Below is my ranking of our losses with #1 being the worst loss we've had.

Where are we taking bets that the upcoming UNC loss ends up? I think between 4 and 6 somewhere.

But did we win though?
15. Central Michigan (2019) (12-17) - I blocked this from memory until @caneholic88 reminded me of it. So here it is. Certainly feels like a loss.
14. App State (2021) (23-25) - They really gave us this win. Thanks Chase Brice?

Close games
13. Oklahoma State (Cheez-It Bowl-2020) (37-34) - Really close game N'kosi looked good so overall I thought the least bad loss?
12. Va Tech (2019) (42-35) - Don't remember this one at all...
11. @UNC (2019) (28-25) - I was in person for this one so if I were biased it would be lower. 4th and 17 is all I remember.

We had no chance
10. @Clemson (2020) (42-17) - This is less bad than Bama since it was @Clemson and during covid I think. Offense didn't have much time to practice yet.
9. Alabama (Neutral-2021) (44-13) - Outmatched completely but we did score?

Should have won but...
8. Michigan State (2021) (38-17) - This one was at least competitive for a minute there until Q4. But final score moves it down the list.
7. UVA (2021) (30-28) - Yesterday's loss has to be here not from score but just how bad we looked for most of the game.
6. UF (Neutral-2020) (24-20) We had so many chances to beat a hated rival who gave us many chances to win and we just couldn't do it. How many sacks did they have?

We looked bad.
5. @Duke (2019) (27-17) - Terrible Duke team that we out matched and we played like garbage.
4. Ga Tech (2019) (28-21) - This was during the first year of GaTech's rebuild from a triple option team... Terrible to lose here.

The creme de la creme of Manny losses.
3. @UNC (2020) (62-26) - This game still hurts me.
2. @FIU (2019) (30-24) - It's FIU but at least we scored and it was a closer game?
1. LA Tech (independence bowl-2019) (14-0) - Getting shut out by a not great G5 team has to be the worst game we've played in a LOOOONG time.
That is a **** of a lot of ruminating........keep you busy after a heartbreak..
Same to me as crying in your beer, but now it is past ruminations, we HAVE to do something, and it ain't pretty,............... just to survive...

Advertisement
GT is the worst loss because they are the worst team, and we were at home. Unthinkable how badly you have to play to lose that game.

The FIU loss was the worst loss we’ve had in my time, just in my opinion. Even worse than the final game at the OB and I didn’t think that was possible.

The FIU game was where I realized just how horrendous Diaz actually was, and that there was nothing that could fix that
I'll admit if we take into account that was a regular season game in the OB it might make it #1. It sure made me angrier than the LaTech loss... especially with the Butch fake injury bs we saw...

Advertisement
I'll admit if we take into account that was a regular season game in the OB it might make it #1. It sure made me angrier than the LaTech loss... especially with the Butch fake injury bs we saw...
For sure

Don’t get me wrong I think your list is spot on. Watching Butch embarrass us after the whole hiring process….it just was the worst I’ve ever felt about the program personally

Not that I wanted Butch back but just the whole thing was sickening

All those pathetic losses and still not a single signature win on his resume. Even Shannon and Golden had a few signature wins.
Manny's signature win is firing the offensive staff at the end of year 1. A staff he hired nonetheless.

FAlY_48X0AIt2gR
”I’m fired , I’m fired , I’m fired , I’m fired , I’m fired”

For sure

Don’t get me wrong I think your list is spot on. Watching Butch embarrass us after the whole hiring process….it just was the worst I’ve ever felt about the program personally

Not that I wanted Butch back but just the whole thing was sickening
The mental gymnastics we had to do to get past that first year and be optimistic again... what a ride lol.

Advertisement
So after last night, I was ruminating on where I think this loss would place in the impressive collection of signature losses that Manny has collected as HC. Below is my ranking of our losses with #1 being the worst loss we've had.

Where are we taking bets that the upcoming UNC loss ends up? I think between 4 and 6 somewhere.

But did we win though?
15. Central Michigan (2019) (12-17) - I blocked this from memory until @caneholic88 reminded me of it. So here it is. Certainly feels like a loss.
14. App State (2021) (23-25) - They really gave us this win. Thanks Chase Brice?

Close games
13. Oklahoma State (Cheez-It Bowl-2020) (37-34) - Really close game N'kosi looked good so overall I thought the least bad loss?
11. @UNC (2019) (28-25) - I was in person for this one so if I were biased it would be lower. 4th and 17 is all I remember.

We had no chance
10. @Clemson (2020) (42-17) - This is less bad than Bama since it was @Clemson and during covid I think. Offense didn't have much time to practice yet.

Should have won but...
8. Michigan State (2021) (38-17) - This one was at least competitive for a minute there until Q4. But final score moves it down the list.
7. UVA (2021) (30-28) - Yesterday's loss has to be here not from score but just how bad we looked for most of the game.
6. UF (Neutral-2020) (24-20) We had so many chances to beat a hated rival who gave us many chances to win and we just couldn't do it. How many sacks did they have?

We looked bad.
5. @Duke (2019) (27-17) - Terrible Duke team that we out matched and we played like garbage.
4. Ga Tech (2019) (28-21) - This was during the first year of GaTech's rebuild from a triple option team... Terrible to lose here.

2. @FIU (2019) (30-24) - It's FIU but at least we scored and it was a closer game?
1. LA Tech (independence bowl-2019) (14-0) - Getting shut out by a not great G5 team has to be the worst game we've played in a LOOOONG time.
FIU has to be the worst loss if for no other reason than that it was FI ******* U

Advertisement

But did we win though?

Close games

We had no chance

Should have won but...

We looked bad.

To me, there is no loss worse than FIU & UNC trashing last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back