Ranking Manny's Worst Losses

Howard-FAMU debacle in '79 but beat a ranked Penn State a month later.
Jimmy- Team flattened out at the end of '84, but we played some good football with one of the toughest schedules in the country.
Butch- We were frustrated with some losses his first 2 years (VT/ECU) but for the most part we were beating the teams we were supposed to (including a few ranked teams) before the bottomed out in '97 with 12 scholly players.

Even the best coaches have ****** losses along the way their first year or two.
Manny gives us no hope with on the field results.
There are zero quality wins to offset those ****** losses.

I used this analogy in another thread:

15:46
Tyson carries out his signature combination of a right hook to the body, and right uppercut to the head.

UNC= Right hook to the body
Mich State= Right upper cut to the head

Michigan State knocked me out.

Advertisement
FAlY_48X0AIt2gR
He said he tied boss.

Pretty sure that VT game is the game we went down like 28-0 came back to tie and then lost.

The thing about Manny is he has these losses without the Wins to go along. What are his best wins? 2 point wins over teams like UVA or Pitt that have half the recruiting talent to work with?
Exactly .. not a single signature win

We should start telling prospective coaches you got 3 years to get Championships or your out with millions in a very nice buyout.

We’re very constant in this marketing strategy

GOCANES

Advertisement
When it’s all laid out like this, it’s even more jarring. He was given far too many chances.

Advertisement
The worst part is so many of those games were winnable. You can point to one or two plays in each that changed the outcome. Well coached teams win those games.

At UNC, Oklahoma state, Virginia, G Tech, V Tech, La Tech, UF just to name a few.

So incredibly frustrating

Advertisement
I’m a do the opposite and list all of manny’s greatest achievements , I can count manny’s greatest wins on one hand

1)-Fsu 2020, it was the worst Fsu team I’ve seen in my life but great win tbf loved every second of it..
2)- 2020 off season hype , we were rolling for 8 months , manny is unmatched and undefeated here

Edited cuz none of the other wins matter

That win might have been a bad thing since it got Taggart fired.

Although it doesn't seem like Norvell is any better than Taggart.

I think that VT loss was after the horrible FSU game (I believe the week before or so) where we were down substantially at half and clawed our way back to a W. That should be in this list to fit what could have been against Willie.

It seems amazing to me that this team under Manny is undefeated against FSU, but can’t get its act together otherwise. Could you imagine an OSU coach that beats Michigan every year but gets beat up by Indiana and Rutgers along with losses to the PSUs, WISs and Iowas? You definitely win the battle but get slaughtered in the war.

Manny's played terrible FSU teams.

Manny would get killed playing the FSU teams during their 14 year run. He'd probably even get killed playing the FSU teams that Al Golden consistently lost close games to.

Advertisement
UNC , FIU and shutout by LA Tech .

There are so many bad losses Manny has had.

but wait……

there will be more.

Pretty sure that VT game is the game we went down like 28-0 came back to tie and then lost.

The thing about Manny is he has these losses without the Wins to go along. What are his best wins? 2 point wins over teams like UVA or Pitt that have half the recruiting talent to work with?
Yea that's the one. Hendon Hooker's coming out party.

Advertisement
Back