Ranked by D1Baseball

Nice.
FSU is interesting. RPI of 56 and not only getting in, but not even being one of the last five in. And UF swept them

Advertisement
You should actually read what the writers of those sites are saying.

Both D1 and BA are projecting FSU in, but also saying they need to improve their RPI by the end of the season to actually get a bid. They've said for several weeks now that FSU's RPI needs to drop to below 50 or they'll probably be left out.

And both D1 and BA are projecting UF in, but also saying UF needs to improve their SEC record to actually get a bid. So they have the opposite problem.

Both FSU and UF have work to do

Hoping UL doesn't mail in the series season-ending against FSU and instead clobbers them with a broom

Miami : Record 30-27 RPI #43 SOS #10
UCLA : Record 30-27 RPI #65 SOS #31

They got in over us and we were the first team out. But tell me again how regional affiliation with the regional being in California didn’t keep us out when the West Coast was barely represented

You are obviously 100% correct.

You missed the point. No one has ever said that it’s not fair to send an east coast team out west. Ever. Especially not the committee.

I watched them say after it came out that the committee preferred not to send teams cross country and UCLA being a convenient pick. They wanted more representation from the west coast to bring fans as well. I remembered specifically thinking it was bs bc Maryland went to UCLA the year or two before and won that regional

Advertisement
When it comes down to east coast vs west coast they will choose the regional team every time. It’s been said on air. They don’t like sending teams cross country for a regional

Absolutely. Not sure who was arguing against you, but they must not follow college baseball.

The NCAA always attempts to favor certain regions (either due to the schools' frigid locations, or to bolster geographic areas experiencing "downturns"). The NCAA continually favors the Midwest and Northeast as much as possible. College baseball is floundering in California at present. They have great talent, but former "university stalwarts" are simply not producing....

Prior to 2015, the NCAA always took geographic location into consideration, which was completely asinine... It was much worse in the past. We had an RPI of #8 on 5/24/2010 and won our regional; and the NCAA had already placed us in the Florida Super Regional - with Florida being #2 in RPI in the country. Egregious!

When it comes down to east coast vs west coast they will choose the regional team every time. It’s been said on air. They don’t like sending teams cross country for a regional

That just isn’t true, no matter how many times you say it. They send teams across the country every single year.

Advertisement
That just isn’t true, no matter how many times you say it. They send teams across the country every single year.

I just said it made no sense bc of what they had done in the past. I’m simply repeating what they said that afternoon. UCLA got in over us bc they were from California

I just said it made no sense bc of what they had done in the past. I’m simply repeating what they said that afternoon. UCLA got in over us bc they were from California

You’re arguing two different things. Yes, they want west coast teams. But they have never said or implied that they don’t want to send teams across the country. Heck, they did it THAT YEAR.

You’re arguing two different things. Yes, they want west coast teams. But they have never said or implied that they don’t want to send teams across the country. Heck, they did it THAT YEAR.

Read the article and listen to the last few seconds. They spent that entire afternoon talking about seeding 1-16 for hosts and teams getting snubbed due to region. The committee put teams in to balance the regions and gave a host spot to balance it as well. It was said they don’t want to send teams cross country unless they have too. If I could find that whole broadcast I would, unfortunately it’s not online

Read the article and listen to the last few seconds. They spent that entire afternoon talking about seeding 1-16 for hosts and teams getting snubbed due to region. The committee put teams in to balance the regions and gave a host spot to balance it as well. It was said they don’t want to send teams cross country unless they have too. If I could find that whole broadcast I would, unfortunately it’s not online

Both South Carolina and Miami deserved that last spot over UCLA

Advertisement
Both South Carolina and Miami deserved that last spot over UCLA

Now I realize the context and who you are arguing with.

He is a Gator troll whose sole objective is to incite the UM baseball board. Best to ignore him. They refer to him as the 'Gnome' or 'Gator Troll'. He knows nothing about baseball, let alone NCAA baseball.

Now I realize the context and who you are arguing with.

He is a Gator troll whose sole objective is to incite the UM baseball board. Best to ignore him. They refer to him as the 'Gnome' or 'Gator Troll'. He knows nothing about baseball, let alone NCAA baseball.
This is unnecessary and stirs up more strife than anything Jagr has said. I don’t like all of his opinions or always love how he expresses them, but some of you are far worse in your obsession with nailing him as a troll. There’s literally nothing trollish about the discussion you all were having, in fact it was educational and interesting to hear from both sides on a strange episode of Miami history. If you’re done talking about it, just be done and walk away. The moment you start grabbing for ammo outside of the discussion at hand is the moment it becomes a gunfight, which inevitably ruins the thread.

Fact is most people in here need to get over themselves and just enjoy the team. It could all be over in a bad weekend.

This is unnecessary and stirs up more strife than anything Jagr has said. I don’t like all of his opinions or always love how he expresses them, but some of you are far worse in your obsession with nailing him as a troll. There’s literally nothing trollish about the discussion you all were having, in fact it was educational and interesting to hear from both sides on a strange episode of Miami history. If you’re done talking about it, just be done and walk away. The moment you start grabbing for ammo outside of the discussion at hand is the moment it becomes a gunfight, which inevitably ruins the thread.

Fact is most people in here need to get over themselves and just enjoy the team. It could all be over in a bad weekend.
I wish we could Pin this response! Oh lord!

Advertisement

Just think, if we had taken care of business against Dartmouth, we would have easily made the tournament. Getting shut out by them twice was one of the worst things to happen in Morris' career.

Just think, if we had taken care of business against Dartmouth, we would have easily made the tournament. Getting shut out by them twice was one of the worst things to happen in Morris' career.

I agree with that. If you ask me we did not deserve to get in. That spot should have been South Carolina’s. It just really sucked getting snubbed how we did

Advertisement
Back