Ranked by D1Baseball

Advertisement
I checked on Warren Nolan's predictions of what our end season RPI will be based on our record.

If we go 37-18, our RPI will likely be around 10.

We probably have to win the Duke series in particular to add another series win vs a tourney team, but it seems like 37-38 wins puts us in strong position to host, depending on how the ACCT goes

I checked on Warren Nolan's predictions of what our end season RPI will be based on our record.

If we go 37-18, our RPI will likely be around 10.

We probably have to win the Duke series in particular to add another series win vs a tourney team, but it seems like 37-38 wins puts us in strong position to host, depending on how the ACCT goes

Agreed, especially if we end up jumbled with three or four other teams like we are now. The ACCT could be the tiebreaker for a fourth host spot.

Advertisement
FSU on fire since losing game 2 vs us

Still going to be tough for them with that RPI, and nothing but RPI landmines until a last weekend series vs Louisville.

If they drop even 1 game before that series they'll probably have to take 2 of 3 vs Louisville or make a deep run in the ACCT.

It's basically unheard of for a power conference team to get in with a RPI where FSU's is now. I cant really think of any recent examples

FSU on first since losing game 2 vs us
Still going to be tough for them with that RPI, and nothing but RPI landmines until a last weekend series vs Louisville.

If they drop even 1 game before that series they'll probably have to take 2 of 3 vs Louisville or make a deep run in the ACCT.

It's basically unheard of for a power conference team to get in with a RPI where FSU's is now. I cant really think of any recent examples
Right now like it or not FSU is looking very good to make the tourney,

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like RichtShow's answer better. That will really **** me off if they get in with a 60 RPI or so and their SOS.
According to D1 Baseball and Baseball America they are in. If they finish 18=12 in the ACC no chance they get left out. UF is more on the bubble

According to D1 Baseball and Baseball America they are in. If they finish 18=12 in the ACC no chance they get left out. UF is more on the bubble

You should actually read what the writers of those sites are saying.

Both D1 and BA are projecting FSU in, but also saying they need to improve their RPI by the end of the season to actually get a bid. They've said for several weeks now that FSU's RPI needs to drop to below 50 or they'll probably be left out.

And both D1 and BA are projecting UF in, but also saying UF needs to improve their SEC record to actually get a bid. So they have the opposite problem.

Both FSU and UF have work to do

Anyone recall our RPI at the end of '17 season?

We were at 43 and UCLA got in over us at 65. They wanted a team from the west coast at Cal Poly I believe it was. “It wasn’t fair for Miami to go cross country and there wasn’t any other spot for them,” was the excuse they used. Although they do it every year it was something crazy like only 4 teams from that west coast got in total that year

We were at 43 and UCLA got in over us at 65. They wanted a team from the west coast at Cal Poly I believe it was. “It wasn’t fair for Miami to go cross country and there wasn’t any other spot for them,” was the excuse they used. Although they do it every year it was something crazy like only 4 teams from that west coast got in total that year

I know we probably got lucky in the year after Fraser retired, but the example above also shows how impressive the record was (is, I hope) for a small private school and the way we rarely get the benefit of the doubt as opposed to a Mike Martin FSU team, ANY SEC school, etc.

Advertisement

They've never used an excuse like that. If Miami deserved to be in, they would have shipped us out west or anywhere else they wanted.

They've never used an excuse like that. If Miami deserved to be in, they would have shipped us out west or anywhere else they wanted.

Miami : Record 30-27 RPI #43 SOS #10
UCLA : Record 30-27 RPI #65 SOS #31

They got in over us and we were the first team out. But tell me again how regional affiliation with the regional being in California didn’t keep us out when the West Coast was barely represented

5/1/19 Projected Field of 64:

D1 Baseball: Miami as as Regional Host (#15 overall seed)
BA: Miami as a Regional Host (#16 overall seed)

Advertisement
Miami : Record 30-27 RPI #43 SOS #10
UCLA : Record 30-27 RPI #65 SOS #31

They got in over us and we were the first team out. But tell me again how regional affiliation with the regional being in California didn’t keep us out when the West Coast was barely represented

You missed the point. No one has ever said that it’s not fair to send an east coast team out west. Ever. Especially not the committee.

This.... is good stuff

From D1

"Baylor and Miami entered as hosts this week. The Bears had a big weekend at TCU, are up to 22 in the RPI and are leading the Big 12 standings. Meanwhile, the Hurricanes have a favorable remaining schedule, a solid ACC record and are up to 10 in the RPI. Miami is in good shape barring some surprising losses down the stretch. "

LAST FIVE IN: Houston, Indiana State, Florida, Clemson, Iowa

FIRST FIVE OUT: Illinois State, BYU, Texas, Washington, Oregon

They have UF as a #3 seed in our regional

If I was UF I would love to be put in the Coral Gables Regional. They have had out number to say the least but at least this time we will be home.

Advertisement
Back