Ranked by D1Baseball

Advertisement
Nice to get the recognition, but let's hope the guys stay focused on one game at a time. Tough opponent this weekend who is as hot as we are.

Did I miss it, or has nothing been published yet on McMahon's injury?

That's a noteworthy achievement considering where the program has been since 2016. This is like being on a plane that's been flying through turbulence and finally begins to level off.

Advertisement
Respect those guys a lot. Congrats to the team, could build or lose it all this weekend.

Would love an update on Mac’s injury, just assuming the worst.

#23 is about right. The team has an RPI of 20. This week is a huge week!!! Take care of business against FGCU and a series win against Louisville, then we can start a conversation about hosting a regional.

This team is starting to find its place. A Coastal title is not out of the question and it's possible to finish 2nd - 4th in the ACC overall.

To put everything in perspective, if I am not mistaken, our entire starting lineups, minus pitching, were underclassmen. We have a bunch of freshmen in the starting lineup. To think this team is not going to improve week by week is foolish. There is a lot of talent on this roster. Losing McMahon would have a real impact though.

Advertisement
How does losing one pitcher decimate a team?

There is no one that can replace him at present. Our pitchers are finally hitting their stride and we lose our second best pitcher.... What bad luck! I would replace him with Veliz and see if Federman can handle a bigger role.

UCF, FIU and FGCU are the sole remaining mid-week games, so you may be able to work around the loss of McMahon. It would be nice to beat FIU and "win" another series.

There is no one that can replace him at present. Our pitchers are finally hitting their stride and we lose our second best pitcher.... What bad luck! I would replace him with Veliz and see if Federman can handle a bigger role.

UCF, FIU and FGCU are the sole remaining mid-week games, so you may be able to work around the loss of McMahon. It would be nice to beat FIU and "win" another series.

Agreed. In the postseason, the biggest advantage goes to the team with the deepest pitching.

Losing one of your top 3 starters, or losing your closer or top setup guy is a challenge.

I remember when we had Tessmer as setup and Graves as closer, and it was the best combo in the nation. Graves gets hurt in Omaha and that led to a painful exit for us. Hope the kid is OK

Advertisement
Cecconi moves to weekend and they pitch by committee mid-week.

Seems like the likely move.

There's no doubt losing McMahon would really hurt any chance this team has of advancing in a Regional, but the impact might not be too bad during the regular season if Cecconi can pitch up to his potential.

Midweek games would become a complete tossup, but at least we only have 3 left

Seems like the likely move.

There's no doubt losing McMahon would really hurt any chance this team has of advancing in a Regional, but the impact might not be too bad during the regular season if Cecconi can pitch up to his potential.

Midweek games would become a complete tossup, but at least we only have 3 left

No problem before its time. Depends on the seating and the region and whether we can win our first two games. No McMahon is definitely a hit especially if you have to go to game 4 and 5.

Advertisement
This is the progression people have been looking for. Team looks like they’re hitting their stride, with a measuring stick type test coming this weekend

I'm hoping L'ville blew their wad vs Nc St., they smacked them around like Nc St. had been smacking everybody around.

You ever heard of the Wally Pip story? Lol. But seriously, this is how teams gel, are made. Adversity strikes and you rally together; as simple or complicated as that. The good thing is that we have potentially a better option in Slade long term anyways.

Glad to see you walk back from the "decimated" ledge. Enjoy reading your posts!

Advertisement
Back