Randy "Macho man" Russell

Advertisement
Not ideal, I guess they really like him to take him this early. Hopefully this isn't another Scott and Dingle situation

What's not ideal about Russell? Not every non 5 star who commits here is Scott or Dingle.

It's a stacked year at DB. He has a good reel, but would think they would have waited a bit longer. no not every three star is a Scott of Dingle but we should have a pick of the litter and this is somewhat of a headscracther. Let's see how it plays out.

No need to wait on a guy like this. He's a great prospect. Wait too long on a guy like this and he commits elsewhere. Then you get stuck with your dyck in your hand as Campbell fvcks around and goes to Clemson.

They have watched him for awhile unlike Scott and Dingle and have evaluated him.

When your DC puts a huge premium on violence it's a good thing to add a Safety who is as ultra-violent as the thugs in A Clockwork Orange. This dude will smash your yarbles.

Chise, them yarbles same as doo-dads?

ominous sign for the other top db targets, know blades is coming but staff must not feel confident with ty/asante/jobe sticking

I want to say this is the dumbest thing I've read on a Canes' site, but I'm afraid the porster on the basketball board who is railing on Coach L being terrible has you beat.

Kid is a targeting penalty waiting to happen... and I love it! Need somebody back there to strike fear in the heart of front runners Jeudy and Smith when we see them in the ship.

I think the only reason ppl had him pegged to the gates was bc his coach is an alumni and was Randys boy. Means nothing.

Advertisement
Russell has to be the most violent safety I've seen, especially for his size. I see nothing wrong with this pick up at all. I love it quite honestly.

dy8ycSc.jpg

Yasir Abdullah & Camron Davis will also be in this class, when it's all said & done.

Is Yasir a De here? All his film is rushing the passer and nothing taking drops. I ask because he's listed 195.

Is he ok as a lb in our system ?

This is what I wonder as well. People swear by him but all I see is DE highlights and if we were looking at him at just DE it's very meh. Hopefully he shows more as a senior.

The kid runs a 10.6 in the 100m and played FS before he transferred to CC. He will be a beast SAM in this system.

Advertisement
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tx2FOct3HgE

Any Cane fan who doesn't see 100% Cane after the first :37 seconds of this clip initially posted by Liberty, I question your Canehood. We are about to go on a revenge tour across college football!

Randy "Macho Man" Russell...extreme violence is thy middle name and destroying Gaytors, Semenholes and the rest of CFB is thine birthright.

Sir Russell, Duke du Headhunterville.

Yasir Abdullah & Camron Davis will also be in this class, when it's all said & done.

Is Yasir a De here? All his film is rushing the passer and nothing taking drops. I ask because he's listed 195.

Is he ok as a lb in our system ?

This is what I wonder as well. People swear by him but all I see is DE highlights and if we were looking at him at just DE it's very meh. Hopefully he shows more as a senior.

Linebacker recruiting has been awkward under Diaz. You can't argue with the results and he is obviously doing work, but Steed and the triangle are all versatile linebackers and former staff guys.

Jennings and Wilder are guys that just rush the passer and run downhill on film which is good but they seem to be pursuing one trick ponies there OR they think they can coach the rest.

All Ryan Shazier did in high school was rush the passer.

Don't over analyze it. They want athletes. They want kids that can run. Of course you'd like to see a kid that's played LB his whole life but at the end of the day some of the best athletes in high school rush the passer. Not every high school has access to 6'3"+ 230+ "true" DE's so they use fast LB types to come off the edge.

Advertisement
I think I read that Abdullah played safety his freshman and sophomore seasons, so he has experience dropping back into coverage and playing in space.

Kid is a targeting penalty waiting to happen... and I love it! Need somebody back there to strike fear in the heart of front runners Jeudy and Smith when we see them in the ship.

I think the only reason ppl had him pegged to the gates was bc his coach is an alumni and was Randys boy. Means nothing.

Downvoted by mistake. Couldn't agree more.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Russell's commit is win win all the way.

The dullards that don't think this kid is worthy enough for an offer can take heart in the fact that he could still be influenced into going to UF. So if he decommits, these mopes should be happy because that will "free up" a spot for someone with more stars like Pat "Larry Brown" Surtain.

If he stays, we get a kid that will patrol the middle against unsuspecting slots and TEs and looks like the second coming of Kam Chancellor or at worst, a nickel LB. With Frierson and Hall over the top patrolling the deep halves.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tx2FOct3HgE

Any Cane fan who doesn't see 100% Cane after the first :37 seconds of this clip initially posted by Liberty, I question your Canehood. We are about to go on a revenge tour across college football!

You remember when we was kids,.. Didn't have enough peeps to play football,.. Or baseball,.. So we played "kill the man with the ball"? ...I don't think this cat ever stoped playing that game!

I asked some players on my high school team who have gone against Randy russell last week....

Here are the quotes I received

" that boy is a banger". " that boy don't care about his body" " I'm not even trying to go heads up with him"

Advertisement
Back