Randy "Macho man" Russell

Advertisement
I'm so proud of this kid, The U is getting a trained-to-go killer and an excellent young man off-field. **** it's crazy watching these kids dreams come true, we've been telling these kids that I know personally since they were 12,13 and younger that if they worked at their craft, hit the books and stay outta trouble, that these times would certainly come. I remember Macho Man was just Randy. Kid was quiet and unassuming on a team full of known savages. When the pads came on tho, Macho Man emerged and he was christened as such by my homie, his DB coach. For all of you doubters, I repeat, this kid takes a backseat to NO ONE. He'll make a name for himself on what's becoming a loaded Canes roster, that's all he's ever done. Gonna be a lotta Crow Eatin' when he becomes one of our chief ***-kickers...

Lmfao at the UF boards comments

Do tell.

Pretty much ****ting on mctoofs staff and how in the world can a kid visit a week ago and the commits to miami thr next week ect ect ect

What's great is that they have put all their eggs in one basket with their exclusively S. Florida recruiting staff. Now you can feel this UM program changing.. kids talking about there being something special about this squad. If and when we win 10 games this season, and UF limps their way to the SEC Champ game they are going to be picking up S. Florida scraps with no capability to recruit nationally. It's beautiful.

It's a stacked year at DB. He has a good reel, but would think they would have waited a bit longer. no not every three star is a Scott of Dingle but we should have a pick of the litter and this is somewhat of a headscracther. Let's see how it plays out.

lmao. Russell is better than Hall or any other uncommitted safety out there that we have a shot at.

I thought this spot was saved for Hall, I think as a prospect Hall has a higher ceiling than Russell. You seem to be pretty **** high on Russell, and regardless if I think Hall is better, Russell is no slouch and a quality player.

Hall is on another level athletically and a better ceiling. Russell is da troof.

Both have slots if they want it and I'd expect Hall to jump on eventually.

Another safety that looks ready to pull the trigger for miami is Sherwood,wonder if the coaches let Russell know it and it's why he jumped on.

No doubt in my mind this how it went. Gurvan Hall is going get the benefit to take his time to commit but I bet Russel was told something along the lines of needing to jump on board fast.

Advertisement
I'm so proud of this kid, The U is getting a trained-to-go killer and an excellent young man off-field. **** it's crazy watching these kids dreams come true, we've been telling these kids that I know personally since they were 12,13 and younger that if they worked at their craft, hit the books and stay outta trouble, that these times would certainly come. I remember Macho Man was just Randy. Kid was quiet and unassuming on a team full of known savages. When the pads came on tho, Macho Man emerged and he was christened as such by my homie, his DB coach. For all of you doubters, I repeat, this kid takes a backseat to NO ONE. He'll make a name for himself on what's becoming a loaded Canes roster, that's all he's ever done. Gonna be a lotta Crow Eatin' when he becomes one of our chief ***-kickers...

Exactly my sentiments. Dude is everything that you would want in a Cane.

Lots of mofukkers gon be eating that crow sushi without the soy sauce.

Advertisement
"I just felt like this was the best decision," Russell said. "In life you have to make decisions and I didn't have to second guess this one. I got a chance to talk to some of the other commits and I feel like this class has a chance to be special. Now that I'm committed, I will have a chance to recruit some other guys and build this class."

I feel like half our class are actively recruiting.

There's no better recruiter than the players. I know the coaches love that since they can focus on the team and OOS recruits. Chess...

As much as I love getting studs from all over and South Florida in particular. I like it even more when it's true Miami, Dade County dudes, that's my city more than Broward or Palm Beach is. That is where I grew up. Getting these true local kids makes me want to run through a wall.

Advertisement
Yasir Abdullah & Camron Davis will also be in this class, when it's all said & done.

Is Yasir a De here? All his film is rushing the passer and nothing taking drops. I ask because he's listed 195.

Is he ok as a lb in our system ?
He'll play OLB, he has to play Rush End at CC because they don't have any Pass rushers.

Exact same situation with Wilder & just like I told y'all last year in September that he was a take, even when everyone else was saying he wasn't, so will Yasir.

Wilder actually had film at olb, taking drops in coverage. Have you seen Yasir in coverage?

I've heard he's an unreal athlete.

That kid is an unreal athlete. Athletic enough to play Safety for you in a pinch. OLB will be a breeze for that kid...

lmao. Russell is better than Hall or any other uncommitted safety out there that we have a shot at.

I thought this spot was saved for Hall, I think as a prospect Hall has a higher ceiling than Russell. You seem to be pretty **** high on Russell, and regardless if I think Hall is better, Russell is no slouch and a quality player.

Hall is on another level athletically and a better ceiling. Russell is da troof.

K, so basically
S
Russell
Frierson
Hall

CB
Jobe
Ivey
And then two or three open spots? 7 is a lot of DBs, 8 seems overkill.
You forgot Blades...Looks like that 7th spot is gonna be Samuel/Campbell

Another safety that looks ready to pull the trigger for miami is Sherwood,wonder if the coaches let Russell know it and it's why he jumped on.
Sherwood leaning FSU but I read somewhere we might be recruiting him as an LB?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not any more he ain't. Just told Ivins we're tied with FSU

K, so basically
S
Russell
Frierson
Hall

CB
Jobe
Ivey
And then two or three open spots? 7 is a lot of DBs, 8 seems overkill.
You forgot Blades...Looks like that 7th spot is gonna be Samuel/Campbell

Sherwood leaning FSU but I read somewhere we might be recruiting him as an LB?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think his upside is better at lb

Advertisement
"I just felt like this was the best decision," Russell said. "In life you have to make decisions and I didn't have to second guess this one. I got a chance to talk to some of the other commits and I feel like this class has a chance to be special. Now that I'm committed, I will have a chance to recruit some other guys and build this class."

There's no better recruiter than the players. I know the coaches love that since they can focus on the team and OOS recruits. Chess...

Word. Coach Richt said that one of their goals is to not only get good players but kids that recruit their peers to play with them. To me, it's like playing street ball. If you're a captain, you try to pick the best squad to play with you.

Preach family, Preach!

Yasir Abdullah & Camron Davis will also be in this class, when it's all said & done.

Is Yasir a De here? All his film is rushing the passer and nothing taking drops. I ask because he's listed 195.

Is he ok as a lb in our system ?

This is what I wonder as well. People swear by him but all I see is DE highlights and if we were looking at him at just DE it's very meh. Hopefully he shows more as a senior.

Linebacker recruiting has been awkward under Diaz. You can't argue with the results and he is obviously doing work, but Steed and the triangle are all versatile linebackers and former staff guys.

Jennings and Wilder are guys that just rush the passer and run downhill on film which is good but they seem to be pursuing one trick ponies there OR they think they can coach the rest.

I might have to call an emergency Mat drill session at the Y to ease my excitement

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back