Randy "Macho man" Russell

Yasir Abdullah & Camron Davis will also be in this class, when it's all said & done.

Is Yasir a De here? All his film is rushing the passer and nothing taking drops. I ask because he's listed 195.

Is he ok as a lb in our system ?
He'll play OLB, he has to play Rush End at CC because they don't have any Pass rushers.

Exact same situation with Wilder & just like I told y'all last year in September that he was a take, even when everyone else was saying he wasn't, so will Yasir.

Wilder actually had film at olb, taking drops in coverage. Have you seen Yasir in coverage?

I've heard he's an unreal athlete.

Apparently ran a 10.6 100m. Lingard's best is 10.8 for comparison.

Advertisement
i don't think miami sees russell as a drop candidate at all. i bet they really really like him. you guys who think he's a borderline take should go watch/listen to some interviews with banda and diaz about what kind of safeties they want. banda has said repeatedly that their top priority is guys who can tackle in space and who play and hit with aggression. the one thing that jumps out from russell's tape is that he tackles with an insane amount of aggression. for diaz and banda i bet taking russell was a no brainer.

What's not ideal about Russell? Not every non 5 star who commits here is Scott or Dingle.

It's a stacked year at DB. He has a good reel, but would think they would have waited a bit longer. no not every three star is a Scott of Dingle but we should have a pick of the litter and this is somewhat of a headscracther. Let's see how it plays out.

lmao. Russell is better than Hall or any other uncommitted safety out there that we have a shot at.

I thought this spot was saved for Hall, I think as a prospect Hall has a higher ceiling than Russell. You seem to be pretty **** high on Russell, and regardless if I think Hall is better, Russell is no slouch and a quality player.

Hall is on another level athletically and a better ceiling. Russell is da troof.

Both have slots if they want it and I'd expect Hall to jump on eventually.

K, so basically
S
Russell
Frierson
Hall

CB
Jobe
Ivey
And then two or three open spots? 7 is a lot of DBs, 8 seems overkill.

What's not ideal about Russell? Not every non 5 star who commits here is Scott or Dingle.

It's a stacked year at DB. He has a good reel, but would think they would have waited a bit longer. no not every three star is a Scott of Dingle but we should have a pick of the litter and this is somewhat of a headscracther. Let's see how it plays out.

lmao. Russell is better than Hall or any other uncommitted safety out there that we have a shot at.

I thought this spot was saved for Hall, I think as a prospect Hall has a higher ceiling than Russell. You seem to be pretty **** high on Russell, and regardless if I think Hall is better, Russell is no slouch and a quality player.

Hall is on another level athletically and a better ceiling. Russell is da troof.

Another safety that looks ready to pull the trigger for miami is Sherwood,wonder if the coaches let Russell know it and it's why he jumped on.

Advertisement
Yasir Abdullah & Camron Davis will also be in this class, when it's all said & done.

Is Yasir a De here? All his film is rushing the passer and nothing taking drops. I ask because he's listed 195.

Is he ok as a lb in our system ?
He'll play OLB, he has to play Rush End at CC because they don't have any Pass rushers.

Exact same situation with Wilder & just like I told y'all last year in September that he was a take, even when everyone else was saying he wasn't, so will Yasir.

Wilder actually had film at olb, taking drops in coverage. Have you seen Yasir in coverage?

I've heard he's an unreal athlete.

Apparently ran a 10.6 100m. Lingard's best is 10.8 for comparison.

What?!?!?

K, so basically
S
Russell
Frierson
Hall

CB
Jobe
Ivey

blades and samuels!!!

K, so basically
S
Russell
Frierson
Hall

CB
Jobe
Ivey

blades and samuels!!!

****, obviously Blades. So essentially there is one slot left which is why this seemed puzzling at first.

K, so basically
S
Russell
Frierson
Hall

CB
Jobe
Ivey

7 is the number supposedly . We definitely need 4 CB.

Advertisement

K, so basically
S
Russell
Frierson
Hall

CB
Jobe
Ivey

With a db class as talented as this one you have to take 7 or 8. Plus I'm not high on any of the dbs we have beyond the ones we took in the 2016 and 2017 class. All of the incoming guys have higher ceilings than ryan Mayes, Michael Jackson, Henley and the others

"I just felt like this was the best decision," Russell said. "In life you have to make decisions and I didn't have to second guess this one. I got a chance to talk to some of the other commits and I feel like this class has a chance to be special. Now that I'm committed, I will have a chance to recruit some other guys and build this class."

I feel like half our class are actively recruiting.

Db class will be
Cb
Blades
frierson
Ivey
1-2 of Campbell and Samuel/ surtain

Safety
Hall
Jobe
Russell

Advertisement
Not quoting to cut out the clutter.

I still think we have to stick it out for Campbell. He is close to Rumph and in our backyard, too good of a talent to just give up on. At the same time 8 would be overkill.

Not ideal, I guess they really like him to take him this early. Hopefully this isn't another Scott and Dingle situation

no

This. Cam Davis said he really wants to play with Russell. Welp, sounds like is going to happen. These pick ups are what makes the city melt for the team. Giving the hometown kids first dibs to a quarter million opportunity at worst and not letting divas hold spots.

All DBs you are now on the clock.

Advertisement
Not ideal, I guess they really like him to take him this early. Hopefully this isn't another Scott and Dingle situation

No need to wait on a guy like this. He's a great prospect. Wait too long on a guy like this and he commits elsewhere. Then you get stuck with your dyck in your hand as Campbell fvcks around and goes to Clemson.

They have watched him for awhile unlike Scott and Dingle and have evaluated him.

When your DC puts a huge premium on violence it's a good thing to add a Safety who is as ultra-violent as the thugs in A Clockwork Orange. This dude will smash your yarbles.

K, so basically
S
Russell
Frierson
Hall

CB
Jobe
Ivey
You forgot Blades...Looks like that 7th spot is gonna be Samuel/Campbell

Another safety that looks ready to pull the trigger for miami is Sherwood,wonder if the coaches let Russell know it and it's why he jumped on.
Sherwood leaning FSU but I read somewhere we might be recruiting him as an LB?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back