Randy "Macho man" Russell

Advertisement
I can just imagine how engorged Diaz was when he first saw Russell's tape. For a coach who openly preaches the art of violence, Russell must have maxed Diaz out on the engorgement meter. LULZ at the dudes thinking this guy is a reach for Sadistic Steve Diaz.

I am a peaceful and thoughtful man, and I had a full arousal after watching that video.

Carl Walker, Jerrel Weaver, Buck Ortega, Kellen Winslow, Sean Taylor, and Antrel Rolle used to fly down in kick coverage and murder people! Walker and Weaver led the charge.

Advertisement
I'm so proud of this kid, The U is getting a trained-to-go killer and an excellent young man off-field. **** it's crazy watching these kids dreams come true, we've been telling these kids that I know personally since they were 12,13 and younger that if they worked at their craft, hit the books and stay outta trouble, that these times would certainly come. I remember Macho Man was just Randy. Kid was quiet and unassuming on a team full of known savages. When the pads came on tho, Macho Man emerged and he was christened as such by my homie, his DB coach. For all of you doubters, I repeat, this kid takes a backseat to NO ONE. He'll make a name for himself on what's becoming a loaded Canes roster, that's all he's ever done. Gonna be a lotta Crow Eatin' when he becomes one of our chief ***-kickers...

I've got a new favorite recruit! HOLY **** this guy will hit you so hard that your future grandchildren will be born with black eyes!

Advertisement
Not quoting to cut out the clutter.

I still think we have to stick it out for Campbell. He is close to Rumph and in our backyard, too good of a talent to just give up on. At the same time 8 would be overkill.

take 8 if we can get 8 Redshirt anyone that may need an extra year to develop we need it at CB and this is an elite class

He was a really solid player on special teams with some vicious hits - much like Jerrell Weaver was....

We need guys like that to fill out the special teams group regularly...not everyone will make it into the rotation and not every highly-rated player (like Walker) will perform quite up to the billing....

There are other players who have clearly done nothing at Miami, but I wouldn't call Walker one of them...

At any rate, I'm just happy about how well we've been doing in north Florida recently - we've never done that beyond an occasional player here and there...

I see a little Carl Walker in Abdullah.

What did Carl Walker ever do here other than special teams. I thought he'd be a major player for us. Almost never heard his name after he came.

He did nothing.

Advertisement
proxy.php

Maybe the best post I've seen.

Looks beyond soft to me😊

Yasir Abdullah & Camron Davis will also be in this class, when it's all said & done.

Is Yasir a De here? All his film is rushing the passer and nothing taking drops. I ask because he's listed 195.

Is he ok as a lb in our system ?

This is what I wonder as well. People swear by him but all I see is DE highlights and if we were looking at him at just DE it's very meh. Hopefully he shows more as a senior.

Linebacker recruiting has been awkward under Diaz. You can't argue with the results and he is obviously doing work, but Steed and the triangle are all versatile linebackers and former staff guys.

Jennings and Wilder are guys that just rush the passer and run downhill on film which is good but they seem to be pursuing one trick ponies there OR they think they can coach the rest.

Agree completely.

Have to admit, I typically don't like signing LB's that just rushed the passer in HS. Plenty of kids make the conversion, but plenty don't. Would prefer to see a kid making the reads, dropping into coverage, etc. in HS too so you have a better idea what you're getting.

But having said that, I trust Manny and that defensive staff more than **** near any I can recall. What Diaz did this year with what he inherited....he's a fkn magician.

i don't think miami sees russell as a drop candidate at all. i bet they really really like him. you guys who think he's a borderline take should go watch/listen to some interviews with banda and diaz about what kind of safeties they want. banda has said repeatedly that their top priority is guys who can tackle in space and who play and hit with aggression. the one thing that jumps out from russell's tape is that he tackles with an insane amount of aggression. for diaz and banda i bet taking russell was a no brainer.

this
Finally. Some guys that get it porsting here.

Advertisement
i don't think miami sees russell as a drop candidate at all. i bet they really really like him. you guys who think he's a borderline take should go watch/listen to some interviews with banda and diaz about what kind of safeties they want. banda has said repeatedly that their top priority is guys who can tackle in space and who play and hit with aggression. the one thing that jumps out from russell's tape is that he tackles with an insane amount of aggression. for diaz and banda i bet taking russell was a no brainer.

this
Finally. Some guys that get it porsting here.

To play devil's advocate though, we already got 2 guys that have that Kam Chancellor feel - Derrick Smith and Amari Carter. They hit with violence and they're bigger. Finley is another bigger safety that seems to be suited for the box.

Last edited:
Russel played all last year w bum groin too. And ran 11.2 100m (w groin injury?), so the kid is not going to some immobile statue. Kid looks like a Mega A Dog to me. He's the kind that sets tone for rest of team...definition of SAVAGE

Advertisement
Back